Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Its just a simple quesiton that I ask, who, in your opinion, is the best developer, and why? Now most will say Nintendo because of their great track-record in making games and all, but I would like to see what people say of the little companies as well.
( I didn't know where to put this, but I decided the Sony boards for no real reason)
Guest Imsirion
Posted
I couldn't choose one as best, so I'll name developers and some of their games.

Capcom- Mega Man series, Street Fighter series
Konami- Metal Gear games, (I also love the old Ninja Turtle games ^^)
SquareSoft- FF series of course!
agetec- King of Fighters series
And of course Nintendo and Sega are no-brainers!

(I'll edit my post if I can think of more)
Posted
Ohh... tough choice, i couldn't chose a best one, but i could give you a few of my favorites.

Konami - MGS1, MGS2, MGS Substance
Capcom - The Resident Evil series
Squaresoft - Every FF game made
Rockstar/DMA - For bringing us the GTA series
Guest Musahi
Posted
[b]My favorite developer:[/b] Capcom

[b]Why?:[/b] Capcom is my favorite overall developer simply because of the sheer awesome and innovative games they continue to make over the years. They have had their ups and downs, but they still remain to be one of the best video game developers ever. Capcom have provided us with Megaman, Street Fighter, Resident Evil, and countless other wonderful games.

[b]Megaman:[/b] Almost everyone knows what Megaman is, and it's one of the biggest franchises in gaming. My favorite game in the Megaman series so far would have to be Megaman 2 for the NES. It was the first Megaman game I ever played, and I never finished it. Probably because I was like 3 the last time I played it. Megaman has come to appear in so many games, and holds a spot in almost every gamers heart.

[b]Street Fighter:[/b] Street Fighter 2 for the SNES and Arcade revolutionized the world of 2d fighters and is still the reigning champ in many people's eyes.

[b]Resident Evil:[/b] While many people think this was the first Survival/Horror game it wasn't. But it did bring the genre to it's current glory.

[b]Other Franchises:[/b] With the new games in development for the GCN, and a host of awesome Dreamcast/PS2 game, Capcom is the ruler of third party developers.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cyko [/i]

[b]Resident Evil:[/b] While many people think this was the first Survival/Horror game it wasn't.[/B][/QUOTE]

That may be true but it defined the genre of survival horror, it was the first game that made me jump. :nervous:
Posted
well i dont' know with sony,

probabally go with squaresoft or rockstar/dma,

mostly cause the two best sony console games ever are FF8 and GTA:Vice City,

but best one ever,

hands down,

[color=light blue][size=5]Blizzard![/size][/color]
Posted
Id have to say my favorite is Sega, because of (except for a very, very small few) all their games were fresh, new, exciting games, and they do a good job of mixing old and newschool type stuff into the games, such as Sonic, NiGHTS, and Samba De Amigo things appearing in PSO, and the other way around with PSO item boxes appearing in a level of SA2B (man i got excited when i saw one! its not that amazing, i know, but it just seems cool when you first see it before finding out.....)
Guest Musahi
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by NeoCactuar [/i]
[B]That may be true but it defined the genre of survival horror, it was the first game that made me jump. :nervous: [/B][/QUOTE]

Yes, that is true in it's own ways. But many people think it that it [b]was[/b] the first Survival/Horror game. So I just thought I would throw it in there.

The first was Alone in The Dark right?
Posted
The first is technically Sweet Home, which was also a Capcom game. Alone in the Dark more or less popularized it and brought it to new heights, and RE just capitalized on it even more so.

I'll edit in developers a little later... I want to get back to Zelda.
Posted
[color=hotpink][size=1]Well, I'm with most everyone here in saying Capcom and Squaresoft, because when I look at the games I have, the grand majority of them come from those companies...even my very old Super Nintendo games. And I'm very happy. ^_^[/color][/size]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...