OtakuBoards

Game delivery delays...

Zidargh

[SIZE=1][COLOR=darkblue]Well I don't really know where to place this so I might aswell place this here in the SONY forum even though it is mainly focused on general games. But I guess we could focus on Playstation 1 and 2 games.
Recently I ordered [I]Wild Arms 3[/I] for the PS2 last week. I've been so hyped up for this game as I am a big fan of the prequels. But, it was suposed to arrive in 2 days last week, so I called up today (Being Monday) and they're saying it's out of stock. I've waited 6 days now, and my friend who ordered games after me with the same speed delivery payment has had their games arrive before me. So yes I'm a tad P'd off.
So basically, I was wondering if you've ever experienced this frustrating event and what game it was.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

• 3 weeks later...
one time i ordered a orange cream shake from mickie D's and they gave me a chocolate shake. i was mad but i took it anyways. thats the way life goes. someone gives you a shake, and you drink a part of it then throw the rest away. to bad. 187

[size=1]Please try and post something in the littlest bit relevant to the topic ? [b]NeoC[/b][/size]

[color=green]I err...don't think that's what Zidane was implying Wizard-of-Oz. And his question was if anyone has had this type of problem.Oo I see your using McDonalds shakes as an example but its not a very good one.-- Oh well.Oo

Anyway back to Zidane, I've had this problem before, but it was with an older game. Actually my brother had it, you see, he ordered Xenogears a few years ago, and they said it was in stock, and that he would get it within a week. After a week and a half passed, he called in, and they said they were out of stock. I guess what I'm saying is delivery companies, and any type of system or videogame company can't be too reliable. In fact, any company whatsoever has these flaws and mistakes. It happens, so I suggest you call up again and explain what has happened. If they ignore you, you may want to look for a way to cancel your order, and get your money back. That's all I can say. Thankyou.[/color]

I have never really experienced game delays of this type, i think this is mainly because i live really close to my local game store, and don't order much. If for some reason i do it comes fairly quickly.

But in general i know the frustration of waiting for deliveries, and especially trying to get through all the telephone operators and find out when the &%$# your package is going to be delivered.

• 2 weeks later...
Well I haven't really had a game delay and my problem isn't really a game delay but is sort of related to it. I rang up a game store and asked if a game was in, and the person who answered said they had several copies in stock. I arrived at the shop and then I saw that the game had sold out so I was really p***ed off.

[color=#808080]This is why it's really important to preorder a game that you want. If you preorder, you won't have any problem getting a copy (unless the actual delivery is late or something).

However, sometimes I've not preordered and had to wait. The most significant delay I remember was when the Dreamcast came out here. Sega Ozisoft (the now defunct local Sega operator) shipped the Dreamcast toward the end of the year (December, I think it was) and didn't ship [i]any[/i] VMUs until [b]February!![/b] Can you imagine that? It's absolutely ridiculous -- and it virtually killed the Dreamcast from the very beginning.

I should actually restate that though -- they did ship [i]some[/i] VMUs. But the number was so tiny that it was insignificant; all VMUs shipped for launch sold out within a few minutes. 99% of DC buyers had to wait for two months. No good.[/color]