OtakuBoards

Would you serve your country?

Seifer

Would you serve your country in a war or crisis situation like this?  

1. 1. Would you serve your country in a war or crisis situation like this?

• Yes. I would willingly serve my country.
    • No. I would not

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Gold_Angewomon [/i]
[B]Yes, I would serve my country. In anything except War! Hatred, death and violence, just lead to more hate, death and violence. War and fighting wouldn't solve anything... [/B][/QUOTE]

I agree, I love my country and all but I do not condone violence; even after what they did to us.

I know there's a bunch of people that want revenge and say when we find out who it is we should go to war with them. But wouldn't that just be killing more people and causing more trouble? I agree that whoever did it should be punished but we shouldn't start a war against a whole country. That would just be stupid. The greatest battle won is the one that is never fought.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SSJ5 Vegeta [/i]
[B]I know there's a bunch of people that want revenge and say when we find out who it is we should go to war with them. But wouldn't that just be killing more people and causing more trouble? I agree that whoever did it should be punished but we shouldn't start a war against a whole country. That would just be stupid. The greatest battle won is the one that is never fought. [/B][/QUOTE] like i said earlier, someone agrees with me!!!!YAY!!:D anywho, Listen to the guy!!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Navi [/i]
[B]serve my country? no. im still trying to decide if we were justified in bombing japan with nuclear weapons. i read that we just needed a reason to test the bombs. i don't know if i'd want us (the US) to bomb/attack another country because they're 'harboring' (the) terrorist(s) and kill more innocent people. is that what you call justice? [/B][/QUOTE]

The Atomic Bomb is a horrible weapon that should never have been created. Using it is wrong and in humane. But If I had to make the disesion during WWII I would have dropped it. If we had not have dropped it we would had to invade Japan like we did at Normady and this time it would be at least 50 times worse. Many many more people would have died on both sides. The Atomic Bomb made everyone realize that fighting was stupid and useless. I hope to god it never has to be used again.

Everyone needs to realize that we probably want go to WAR. If anything hapens it will more than likely be like a couple of years ago when they bombed the embassy. We will just strikethe terrorist camps that harbour these terrorist and their supplies. Thats not really classified as a war more of an intervention. That is something that needs to be done no matter what. By doing that you prevent more terrorist from being trained and supplied. With out supplies they have to shell out more resources and time to get more. this will prevent attacks for at least a while. How can you really wage a war agianst a small group of terrorists anyway?

One trained a little here in america to fly jets but it was not the kinda training that would make him able to pilot a 767. They all have camps in countries like afhganistan that train them and house them. They also have weapons stockpiles. they where hit three years ago. Apparantly they have been rebuilt. See when we hit them we went 3 years before another attack. We have to hit them harder this time to hold of these attacks for even longer.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=darkblue]If my country were being attacked (like in WWII), then yes...I would sacrifice my life to defend it.

Having said that, this issue is a terrorist issue, it is NOT an international war.

This is more about stamping out terror groups...rather than actually defeating a national oppressor.

If this is Osama Bin Laden (once again...sp?), all I can say is...if I were left alone in a room with him...god knows how I would react. I'm not a violent person, but it'd be incredibly difficult not to cause some serious damage.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

That expresses my feelings nearly exactly...

I would serve my country in a war by fighting for it u cant just try to help people survive in war u have to fight back or else we would all be killed.So yes i would serve in a war even if i didnt agree with it to help save every american citizen in this country by giving my life.I am not yet old enough but when i am i will join the air force, the army,the navy or whatever is possible.I will join in 1 1/2 years.Being as soon as possible.

Guest SuperSaiyan285
You are **** right i would serve my country! This act on our nation is just plain sickening, and the assholes that did this should and will pay for it!

let me point out thwe fact that there is too much patriotism in ourselves and i do respect that. we all understand that the US has gained the rank of #1 country. this is what happens when there is too much pride in ourselves. just imagine vegeta with all that pride just to be number 1. well guess what???? too much self pride can get your @$$ killed.........literally. but remember the fact that th united states has its allies to back us up. if we were short in soldiers and there was a national draft, hell, we'll all go (but thats if youre 16(or was it 18) or above...........im 16)

No mystic girl im pretty sure everyone understands you. You make a good point. I wish the same. But if you read the pm I sent you you will see the part I am having problems with. that is the fact that we have talked diplomaticly for 10 years. Even sturck some of there facilities and nothign has stopped. The guy who bombed the WTC in 93 said his goal was to kill as many americans as possible.(of course thats why he is currently serving 246 years in prison. :p). I agree that war should not be the first second or third things that a nation should try to stop these things but ENOUGH IS ENOUGH. That is why I support this war on terrorism 100%