OtakuBoards

My Suggestions

Patronus

I have two suggestions:

1. You should have more themed skins (you know, like water and industraial[i think those are two]).They should be from shows (i.e Digimon, Pokemon, Gundam, etc.)

2. You should allow people to have multiple screen names. They could come in handy for RPG'S!

If anyone agrees, plz post here too!

[color=red]1) James is currently working a Zelda skin for OB. He may do more. But I don't see why they are needed that much. How OB looks doesn't mean much to me. It's the people.

2) No. Multiple names would get way too confusing, and many more people would break the rules that already do. That is a horrible suggestion to be frank.[/color]

First of all... Skins don't just pop out of the thin air. They have to be designed and conceptualized, which is hard enough as it is. Then you have to actually make the things, get them to work flawlessly and install them.

I suppose that is a good idea, but it's a little overzealous I guess heh.

As for names... The board doesn't allow more than one active account per user. There is no reason for that to happen in RPGs anyway, as no one would know what the hell is going on.

If you look at the RPGs, everyone here makes up new names for them all anyway (for the most part). It would be useless and confusing.

[color=#808080]To address your first point, I think (as Semjaza pointed out), it's important to realize that skins are actually a great deal of work.

And, due to the fact that I'm not technically skilled myself, the work time is significantly increased (because I rely on technical staff who's time is already finite as is).

Of course, my own time for producing skins is significantly lower than it once was. A single skin can take five to ten hours of work, if you include the technical aspect as well. And that can translate to several days/weeks of solid work, because obviously you're not going to sit down and make the entire thing in one shot.

I would like to have more themed skins on OB. But due to the time problems and the availability of tech staff, I've had to settle for more "general" skins that everyone can enjoy. If I put all my effort into a Digimon skin, for instance, its appeal will be a lot more limited than the Liquid skin -- because at least with this skin, it's something quite general.

The second question has several answers. First, we don't allow multiple accounts for security reasons. Second, more than one account is [i]never[/i] required under any circumstances; if you want to join an RPG, you're usually creating a character other than yourself and you're usually playing from a third-person perspective. And so, your actual member name is really irrelevant. Third, people need to be easily identifiable. If you have five or six names for instance, you're going to be much harder to identify (which is both annoying for members and adds to a security risk in terms of staff tracking your activities).

I think also, on a basic level, it's just unnecessary. Nobody needs more than one account.[/color]