Jump to content
OtakuBoards

What do you look 4 in a anime?


Recommended Posts

Guest The Mage Prince
Posted
What do you look for in an anime? Tell me what you put into an anime to make it 100 percent kick ***, because I'm starting my own anime called "Dragon Fighter". I need to know what people look 4 in an anime so it won't suck. Can you guys help me with? If you can i would love yous forever!:excited:

Thanks again you guys are the best!
Posted
Now I know i'm not the only one dreaming to make an anime series. Cool.
To Answer your q, what I like to see in anime is balance. The fighting is great but I don't care much for shows that only thrive on fighting as their own plot element. I like it to be mixed with an enjoyable and logical plot that can really move you. If you can bring anticipation, rage, and tears to your audience, that's key. Captivate your audience so that they're always coming back for more. I guess you also have to include some romance. Doesn't have to be a lot if you don't want to but without that, the show may not do so hot popularity-wise. Be sure to make it funny too. I tend to watch anime with a more serious tone but they too have their share of comedy and they really need it to make the characters seem more likeable and more "human". Most people like a good joke, so be sure to have some. Don't outdo yourself here otherwise no one will understand the humor.
That's some of the general stuff. If I think of anything else, I'll post more. Hope it helps.
Posted
1. Good plot
2. Needs one lone wolf bad ***** person.
3. Not a lot of energy blast, keep it to swords and guns.
4. Development of charecters through out the series.
5. Don't keep it to serious.

Well thats what I would make an anime look out or look for in a anime. Hope this helps you out.
Guest The Mage Prince
Posted
Cool thanks for all your help and this sould help me alot and i thank you alot if you have any more ideas just send me a pm! os post at this thread
Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Posted
I could of sworn this topic was already made before..awhile back but for the sake of repeating myself. What I really look for in an anime is characters that I can relate to on an everyday basis. If an anime deals with realistic problems in everyday life I'm almost always hooked to it.

Also it helps to have a little bit of action and scifi in it. ;)
  • 3 weeks later...
Posted
Yhea you should have a balence of everything :love: is always good! will yu put your anime on the web? If so pleaze tell us!! i don't know about other people but i always like the freaky one's the best!:tasty:
Posted
A really good action in anime is always good. Kenshin is such a great anime because its action just rocks. A good plot, story line, and the development of characters is good to have. An example of this would be evangelion. If possible, realistic characters also add flavor since it allows the audience to relate to themselves. A little humor mixed here and there gives comic relief and is always appreciated(Trigun). Having one really bad *** evil character is a good idea too(Legato from Trigun, Shishio from Kenshin, Naraku from Inuyasha). I personally like animes that have a deeper, underlined meaning behind it(evangelion), but I also like Trigun since it has a good mix of humor/philosophy to it.
Posted
well in an anike i look for a rich plot and good animation

well also i look for the odd comedy as well

well see ya
[IMG]http://www.hurley.com/images/imgUserUpload/dazplum.jpg[/IMG]
Posted
ill say more plot than fighting, fighting shows and animes are very Not rare nowdays... the fightining is good, dont get me wrong its just not THAT good as a good plot and charcters... , a "fiction" anime so i can leave something for my imagination and for my thinking, but fiction as cowboy bebop fiction not as dragon ball z fiction.
Posted
Let's see...

Magic, that's one thing...

A well-devolped plot, that's another...

Comical relief, but only if used in moderation...

Interesting characters, there's a good one...

Heh. Past that, I'm good
Posted
Well, I think it comes down to if you can keep your audience captivated the whole time, and yet still be able to surprise them now and then. That makes a good anime(well... it makes a good anything actually...)
Guest The Mage Prince
Posted
So if i something like lord of the rings cross with dbz/eva/trigun i would have a great anime?
Posted
I dunno... how exactly do u intend to mix lotr with dbz, eva, and trigun? I'd say thats gonna be too much things crammed into one anime so it prolly would suck =P
Guest The Mage Prince
Posted
yeah maybe!! I don't know
Posted
I like Trigun cuz its humorous at first, but it gets dark and deep later on, and it gets prettery serious and philosohpical. It has good balance.
Posted
A good, original plot line is a must. But that seems to be harder and harder to find these days.

Another crucial element has to be the characters. You have to try and create characters that the audience can become attached to, and allow their personalities to develop as the series goes on.

Action is also very important, but you have to remeber to use it in moderation. A series is doomed to failure if it has nothing but continuous action sequences.
Posted
Yeah but the action -> comedy -> adventure -> romance needs to flow smoothly, and should not strain the story line. Doing that is pretty hard. Also, the transition from each theme needs to be smooth as well. Then it will make a great show or movie.
Posted
This is what I look for;

1. A good plot.
2. Diverse characters.
3. action!
4. witty puns.

Good animes to get ideas from (series and movies) are Graves of the Fireflies, Spirited Away, Trigun, Cowboy Bebop, Ruroni Kenshin(sp?), so on and so forth. I hope you do well on your anime.

A friend of mine and I did one once. we did get past the first issue. it was just a manga similar to Ah! My Goddess which I have never seen.
Posted
Animes I like most really move me, or affect me. I love animes that are tearjerkers, that get me angry or excited, or brings it all at the same time. Original plots are hard to make up now, but that makes the anime even better if the plot is original. (something I personally suck at) Action is a must for me, and I don't really care about romance. Actually, I usually don't like the girls that fall in love with the main guy.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Oradriel [/i]
[B]I dunno... how exactly do u intend to mix lotr with dbz, eva, and trigun? I'd say thats gonna be too much things crammed into one anime so it prolly would suck =P [/B][/QUOTE]

LOL, I have to agree with that! That sounds like the worst mess I've ever heard of! hehehehe. :laugh: Might make a good fanfic though, hehehe: I've got this image of Goku threatening mortal harm on Gandalf, Vash begging them to stop and reconsider, Frodo mistaking the half-finished bag of doughnuts for a collection of really big rings, Piccolo gobbling the rest of the food, Meryl and Millie ordering everyone else out of the location, and Shinji sitting on a nearby hill, moaning about how miserable he is and how he wants them all to just go away so he can be alone. ~.^

Seriously, though, I say balance is good: if you can balance out humor, drama, action, and everything else, you're well on your way. :tasty:

Above all else, if you're writing originally, [i]be original.[/i] Don't just rehash something already out there. If you want to just steal ideas from Kenshin, Eva, whatever, and have nothing new or different that sets you apart or makes your work different per se, write a fanfic rather than original work. -^.^-
Posted
If that actually happens... *thinks of Sauron vs. Vash vs. SS4 Goku vs. Eva 01* *shivers and runs away* Damn... that is definitely gonna be apocalyptic... Fan fic and doing original work is really really different. In fanfic, you already have the setting, plot, chars, w/e already set up for u. You have to make up your own if you are gonna do original. I think stealing bits and pieces from different anime characters and from people u know will make an interesting character overall.
Posted
1. good original plot
2. great characters (look and personality wise)
3. Setting
4. romance, action, character relationships, great fight scenes (not the stupid 5 frame fight where it is just a bunch of fight poses then its over)
5. nice animation
Posted
I usually look for a romance in the anime also! Like in Kare Kano, or Ranma, I just like the little romancy part of it. I am watching .hack//sign and I am hopin there will be a romance in there too! But I love romance in an anime!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...