OtakuBoards

X2: XMen United

Ryan

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[color=ff00cc] [size=1]Whoo! We're going to see the special screening at 12:05 tonight! ^________^ (I'll edit this tomorrow).

I'm so excited! I love going to see movies at midnight. We have to leave at 9:30 to get the tickets, though. It's funny seeing people come dressed up as characters, too. In the LoTR: TT screening, there was this couple dressed up as Aragorn and Arwen. ^_^;[/color] [/size]

Guest QuickSilver
Wow this movie was great. It was way better then the first one. There were many great action scenes and yes there was two cameos [spoiler] Hank McCoy was seen on news show talking. (if anyone doesnt know he his beast) and franky LeBeau AKA Gambit was seen on one of the fiels Mystique was looking through[/spoiler]

[color=darkblue]Okay, I know this question will be answered soon (tomorrow for me), but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway, since it's been plaguing me endlessly & I can't fathom as to why others are not similarly plauged.

In previews, you see Rogue & Iceman kiss. When she pulls back, nothing happens to Iceman, & Rogue breathes out frost breath.

You see my point. How in the hell are they going to explain this? Everyone knows that Rogue has no control whatsoever of her power to absorb energy through touch. Iceman should have at least collapsed on the floor for a few hours. The writers have better not have made up something stupid that couldn't have happened in the comic, like she learns how to control it or something. With all the things that got changed around in the original, that would seriously piss me off.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Macaiodh [/i]
[B][color=darkblue]Okay, I know this question will be answered soon (tomorrow for me), but I thought I'd throw it out there anyway, since it's been plaguing me endlessly & I can't fathom as to why others are not similarly plauged.

In previews, you see Rogue & Iceman kiss. When she pulls back, nothing happens to Iceman, & Rogue breathes out frost breath.

You see my point. How in the hell are they going to explain this? Everyone knows that Rogue has no control whatsoever of her power to absorb energy through touch. Iceman should have at least collapsed on the floor for a few hours. The writers have better not have made up something stupid that couldn't have happened in the comic, like she learns how to control it or something. With all the things that got changed around in the original, that would seriously piss me off.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
[size=1]You see [spoiler]Iceman covers his mouth in frost so that his skin does not come in contact with Rogue's.[/spoiler]

I saw the movie last night, and it was amazing. This is the greatest comic book movie that I have ever seen, and my new favorite movie. Matrix 2 is going to have a hard time competing with this. ^_^

-Shy[/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ChibiV [/i]
[B]A friend of mine told me that [spoiler] Jean will die at the end. Is that true? [/spoiler] [/B][/QUOTE]
[size=1][spoiler]Yes, Jean is dead by the end of the movie. But if you are a fan of the comic books you know that she comes back as Phoenix, one of the most powerful beings in the universe.[/spoiler]

-Shy[/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shyguy [/i]
[B][size=1][spoiler]Yes, Jean is dead by the end of the movie. But if you are a fan of the comic books you know that she comes back as Phoenix, one of the most powerful beings in the universe.[/spoiler]

-Shy[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

Oh yes, I remember now. Thanks for clearing it up for me.

Guest QuickSilver
[B][size=1]You see [spoiler]Iceman covers his mouth in frost so that his skin does not come in contact with Rogue's.[/spoiler]

I saw the movie last night, and it was amazing. This is the greatest comic book movie that I have ever seen, and my new favorite movie. Matrix 2 is going to have a hard time competing with this. ^_^

-Shy[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

actually [spoiler] they didnt kiss long enough for him to collapse, the second time they kissed, was much longer and they pulled away just in time before Iceman could collapse[/spoiler]

vegeta rocker, i think u are wrong in saying that, he played a very good NightCrawler and i think the one in evo was pretty cool.

[B][size=1][spoiler]Yes, Jean is dead by the end of the movie. But if you are a fan of the comic books you know that she comes back as Phoenix, one of the most powerful beings in the universe.[/spoiler]

-Shy[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=ff00cc] [size=1]Keke. I found out that would happen from one of those personality quizzes I took. o.o;

Anywho, I loved it so much! This was much better than the first one, though the scene at the [spoiler]dam[/spoiler] was kinda long. I loved Ian McKellen (Magneto) and Kelly Hu (Yuriko/Deathstrike). I especially loved that part when Ian McKellen said [spoiler]"You should've killed me when you had the chance, Charles!"[/spoiler]. I loved the way it kinda echoed. He's such a great actor. ^^

I kinda stopped eating my curly fries after [spoiler]Yuriko died[/spoiler]. It was so gross the way [spoiler]the metal oozed out of her eyes and nostrils[/spoiler].

I also really loved the ending. It was really emotional, and I could just feel how devastated they were when [spoiler]Jean died[/spoiler]. The only thing bad was how my contacts kept drying up during the movie. xx;[/color] [/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by super goku [/i]
[B]actually [spoiler] they didnt kiss long enough for him to collapse, the second time they kissed, was much longer and they pulled away just in time before Iceman could collapse[/spoiler][/B][/QUOTE]
[size=1][spoiler]That was on the second kiss. On the first kiss there were no problems.[/spoiler]

Alan Cumming did an excellent job as Nightcrawler. I can't imagine anyone who could have done better.

-Shy[/size]

The movie was AWESOME. Not perfect but really great. I LOVED nightcrawler. He was played very well and he was just plain kickass [spoiler]when he pretty much took down the entire secret service. I loved how wolverine cut loose there abit and killed a few military guys(or atleast seriously mamed em ;) ) Even though my fav russian metal man only was got in a few scenes he made quite an impression(although i didnt notice a russian accent on the few lines he had? :therock: )[/spoiler]

Mystique also was alot more fun this time...She didnt get alot more to say [spoiler]but i thought it was so great when she kepted mocking strykers men when she was breaking into there complex(giving them the finger as she slid underneath that door...HAHA :p )[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Lastly i thought the little hints about the phoenix where great...Jeans eyes kept getting fiery and in the end she gave off that orange sorta fire like aura. Then of course they had to tease us with the bird image ontop of the lake where jean "died"[/spoiler]

Oh just pure comic goodness... Now wheres X3? :laugh: Oh well the matrix movies and ROTK will hold me over i suppose... :naughty:

[size=1][b][color=darkblue]Spoiler tags added. -Shy[/size][/b][/color]

DOES anybody know who Nightcrawlers dad is>?

[spoiler]EDIT: Jean dies? *runs away, crying* Atleast Storm doesn't die...ah...Storm..[/spoiler]

[size=1][b][color=darkblue]Spoliler tags added. -Shy[/color][/b][/size]

[SIZE=1][I][COLOR=seagreen]Well last time i knew xmen continuity nightcrawlers father was a human. I think in one thing i read his father was supposdly a baron or some rich guy that mystique had been married to but no one knew she was a mutant and she had to get rid of kurt or theyd start being supicious of her...Shrugz i could be wrong wouldnt be the first time :devil:

and sorry about that shy im so used to doing spoiler warnings that way on other boards i forget about tags :laugh:[/COLOR][/I][/SIZE]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Tamer_Zach [/i]
[B]DOES anybody know who Nightcrawlers dad is>?

[size=1][b][color=darkblue]Spoliler tags added. -Shy[/color][/b][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

His dad is Sabertooth.

[color=ff00cc] [size=1]Wait, did anyone else see alot of bald people during the movie?- or anyone dressed up as any of the characters?

I was surrounded by people who shaved their heads, and the guy behind me had his beard trimmed like Wolverine's. It was kinda weird, because one in every three parties had someone with their head shaved coming in.

I was wondering why there were so many, until I remembered Professor X was bald. So, maybe that's why. ^^;

That's one of the reasons why I love special screenings. All the big fans come, and there's always someone dressing up as a character. Like, in the Two Towers screening, there was a couple dressed up as Aragorn and Arwen. :bluesweat[/color] [/size]

Guest Voodookanaka
Count Eric Wagner was nightcrawlers father, and u all know magneto experimented upon NC when he was born etc etc.... all in the comicser.