LostProphet Posted April 25, 2003 Posted April 25, 2003 This song is pretty cool. I'm pro war and all, but this is still a good song, albeit a protest. Does anyone know any other good protest songs similar to this one? And no, I'm not talking about the hippy s**t of yesterday
Bing Posted April 25, 2003 Posted April 25, 2003 [size=1][color=darkblue]Who's it by? The System of a Down song, Boom, which I am yet to hear is supposedly great. The POD song, Boom, however, is a load of poo. I hope you're on about the SOAD one. Hmm...other Protest songs...try Rage Against The Machine, most of their tracks are protesting about something, and Zac De La Rocha puts it into lyrics much better than Serj Tankien ever could. The key in finding a protesting Rage song, is to look at the title i.e. 'F**k tha Police', 'Township Rebellion' etc.[/color][/size]
LostProphet Posted April 25, 2003 Author Posted April 25, 2003 yeah, SOAD. I can't stand P(iece) O(f) D(oo).
Semjaza Posted April 25, 2003 Posted April 25, 2003 System of Down itself has quite a few songs with this sort of message in it. Shouldn't be too hard to find any others. Othewise, there are countless other political bands... Rage Against the Machine, like mentioned... Propaghandi, Bad Religion (my favorite) and so on. I can't think of any specific songs though, so I'm no help heh.
Juu Posted April 25, 2003 Posted April 25, 2003 [color=ff00cc] [size=1]I love System of a Down. 'Boom' was an interesting video. I liked watching the protests, but they didn't show Korea... u.u (It had a big protest). The ending was funny, with the cartoons. Though, 'Boom' is definately not my favorite song from System of a Down.[/color] [/size]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now