OtakuBoards

Movie 14 "100 years after goku leaves with shinron"

pbfrontmanvdp

Im not joking I d/l this movie on kazaa. Sry i dont remember the actual title of this movie but i believe its something like that. Anyway though why do they end the movies of the DB/DBZ/DBGT series with this lame movie. All it does is show Gokus great great grandson (whos also named goku) being trained by an elderly Pan and trying to get a dragonball (yep u got it just one dragonball not all 7 but just goku's original 4 star ball) to help cure Pan's illness. The only exciting part is when great great grandson goku turns SSJ and that isnt even that great. I have to admit that out of everything this is by far the worst movie they made. If anyone else has seen this movie i want some responses on if they thought it was good or not. Thanks:devil:

It's a GT project. Not really movie 14, more of a Television Special. Like Trunks and Bardock were. It was played on TV before, if, it was even released on video. I thought it was a rather cute movie. Kinda tying up the series. Giving fans one last thing to formally end everything, even though it kinda has a cliff hanger at the end. I mean, everyone wants to know what happens to Gokou Jr.... but oh well. It brought back alot of the old qualities that made DragonBall popular in the first place. This particular one is a kids movie more than something genred for adults (ie: Dragonball Z and the latter parts of DBGT) It goes well with ending the series then watching the 10th Anniversary movie. Kinda gives you a closing to an epic series of anime. I mean, I believe DragonBall/Z/GT is the longest anime series that follow any chronological order that has been made. (Gundam is the longest series of anime, but none of them follow any chronological order, meaning Youc an't watch Wing and then X and then G Gundam and expect them to have same characters or intertwine in plot) So I see it fitting to end it with a recap of the past and a look to the future.

True but i think that they should have shown the [U]whole[/U] battle of Goku Jr. fighting Vegita Jr. in that hour movie (true it was only aired on T.V. now that i think about it since i saw the weirdest Japanese commercials ever) but anyways i think showing who would have one that battle would have been great. Anyways though i dont know some people probably feel better that they didnt show who won that battle.

Guest Hikaru Ichijyo
Your thinking of the Dragon Ball GT Tv Special: Biography of Son Goku Proof of Bravery is the 4 star ball. Pretty decent special, that shows you a glimpse of what the future holds for the Son Blood line.

It's probably not a TV special, but instead a short movie. Japan has a few of those. Short movie theartres. They show movies which are perhaps 40 minutes long at most, one after the other. Most often they're connected to a series.

That's what the Digimon movie was. Three seperate short Digimon movie shown in Japanese short theatres. Americans, being stupid and ignorant, lack short movie theatres.

A note: I'm an American so I'm insulting myself as well

You're talking about what a lot of us who saw GT in its first airing call EPisodes 65 and 66 or the Dragon Ball GT Special, because of what Pan-Chan calls it at the end of episode 64. I remember when it first aired. pretty good. Not a Dragon Ball movie though, just a special. The 14th movie would be the 10th anniersary special.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Youko Minamino [/i]
[B] The 14th movie would be the 10th anniersary special. [/B][/QUOTE]

Thats considered the 4th DragonBall movie, not a DBZ movie. There are only 13 DBZ movies. Three Original DragonBall movies, plus the 10th Anniversary movie, which is widely considered the Forth. Three TV Specials, and the OAV(s) I dunno if you would consider that two OAVs or one OAV in two parts.

Oh yeah, that stupid Chinese Live action movie too, but that doesn't really count. Then the new live action movie which Fox is making... but that doesn't count either.

Guest katana_manatee
Since when was there a fight in between Goku Jnr. and Vegeta Jnr.? I have the film and i didn't see a Vegeta Jnr. anywhere. It was simply a quest by Goku Jnr. to go up to mount paozu to find a dragonball to make a wish to save his grandma Pan from an illness. Ye he goes super saya-jin but he doesn't fight vegeta jnr. he fights the demon king of the mountain. If there is a fight between Goku jnr. and Vegeta jnr. it must be a different film from "Biography of Goku: Bravery is the 4 star dragonball".

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by katana_manatee [/i]
[B]Since when was there a fight in between Goku Jnr. and Vegeta Jnr.? [/B][/QUOTE]

I dont know if u have seen all of DBGT yet, but i dont really want to ruin anything so if you saw all of it or are going to then maybe ull see what i mean by Guku Jr. fighting Vegita Jr.