OtakuBoards

My Music Overview V3 : o_O;;

Guest Musahi

Guest Musahi
It's been a while since V2, and a bit has changed on my music scene.

I find myself listening to a lot less rap now. In fact I'll do rap first, since it's so short.

[center][b]Rap[/b][/center]

All I have been listening to lately is Tupac and 50 cent. 21 questions is a great song, but I hate Nate Dog?s voice with a passion.

[center][b]Punk[/b][/center]

Well, it?s official! I am going to the warped tour. Lately I have been listening to the new Atari?s CD. With great displeasure actually, I really think it sucks compared to their old stuff. The fact that I actually [I]bought[/I] the CD makes the situation worse. ?In This Diary? is the worst excuse for a song ever.

I downloaded 1 Apocalypse Hoboken called ?Little Fingers? and I enjoyed it. The only problem is I can?t find anymore and FYE doesn?t have their CD.

[center][b]Ska[/b][/center]

Not much here either. I don?t have much to talk about since I just posted in the ?Ska? thread. So whatever, if you care look there.

[center][b]Bands you DON?T know[/b][/center]

[b]Screeching Weasel:[/b]

This is an awesome band I just recently discovered while looking for MSI songs. Anyway I love them, the song ?I Wanna Be A Homosexual? is great. This is seriously one of my favorite bands now.

[b] The Presidents Of The United States Of America:[/b]

Not much to say except they are a great band. I think they got big about 6 or 7 years ago with the song ?Peaches?.

[center][b]Daniel?s Picks[/b][/center]

Boomin? ? Mindless Self Indulgence
I Wanna Be A Homosexual ? Screeching Weasel
Kitty - The Presidents Of The United States Of America
Peaches - The Presidents Of The United States Of America
Lump - The Presidents Of The United States Of America
The End Of The World As We Know It ? REM

Guest Musahi
You pretty much skipped over the part where it says [b]My[/b] in the topic. I have had 2 other topics like this. I periodically post these, so I don't end up creating a lot of threads on differen't bands.

Also Piro mention a band call Teengenerate, but he said you told him about it. They sound interesting, but I can't find anything on KaZaA. Do you know a site where I could get some of their songs?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by tweak [/i]
[B][size=1][color=crimson]You pretty much skipped over the part where it says [b]My[/b] in the topic. I have had 2 other topics like this. I periodically post these, so I don't end up creating a lot of threads on differen't bands.[/size][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

It should say "My thoughts on the music I like" then... Overview should have never been mentioned. Overview insinuates the complete summary of.... If I do an Overview of a book, I don't pick out Chapters 3 and 6 and post about them do I? lol. I do the whole book.

On a side note TPOTUSA has been around way too long. Everyone who knows anything about music should know who they are. Peaches was the sh*t back in the day. I wish I still had their album.

Guest Musahi
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]On a side note TPOTUSA has been around way too long. Everyone who knows anything about music should know who they are. Peaches was the sh*t back in the day. I wish I still had their album. [/B][/QUOTE]

That is what I thought too. But no one I know seems to have ever heard of them. Plus I have never seen them talked about here.

[color=#808080]I pretty much dislike all of these genres, with rare exception (in terms of certain songs that I can listen to).

I don't really like rap [i]as such[/i], but I do like R&B on occasion. I've found myself listening to a lot more R&B lately, which is pretty interesting.

Oh and...I [i]loathe[/i] the Presidents of the United States of America; [i]especially[/i] Lump. lol When that song came out, I was praying for the day when the radio would no longer play it...it drove me mentally insane. *twitches*

As far as your selections go, they sound pretty reasonable to me. I guess that by your thread title I did expect to see more of an overview of many styles of music...so your range is a bit limited, but obviously it's your personal tastes. Although I wonder what the point of this thread is, really. I mean...I guess you're trying to get some of these songs recognized (to suggest 'em to members).

That's fine, I just hope that we don't get heaps of threads with simple lists of what people like. o_O[/color]

Screeching Weasel is actually a Chicago band. They're pretty good.

I could do without Presidents of the United States, and I'm glad they're pretty much washed up at this point. They're far from being unknown, as they were rather popular years back. It's just that no one really cares about them at this point heh.

The strange thing is that you only have their singles listed... there is far better stuff than that.

As for Apocalypse Hoboken, no one shares it on Kazaa outside of maybe two songs. Your best bet is ordering their stuff off Amazon, or perhaps going to a major CD store like Tower or Virgin.

Guest Musahi
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=#808080]I mean...I guess you're trying to get some of these songs recognized (to suggest 'em to members).[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
[b]NO[/b], I already explained why I made this thread. To talk about my music happenings and such. New bands I found, old bands I found a new love for, and anything else related to music going on in my life.

Would you rather have me post a thread for each of these bands?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Endymion [/i]
[B]She's lump. She's lump. She's lump. :)

I loved The Presidents back in the day. "Lump" and "Peaces" were two of my favorite songs. And you know your song is good when Weird Al parodies it. [/B][/QUOTE]

"Gump" was a really good parody, I even bought that CD.

"His girlfriend Jenni was kind of a slut,
He went to the White House showed LBJ his butt"

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i]
[B]As for Apocalypse Hoboken, no one shares it on Kazaa outside of maybe two songs. Your best bet is ordering their stuff off Amazon, or perhaps going to a major CD store like Tower or Virgin. [/B][/QUOTE]

I guess I'll look into AH on Amazon and see what I can find.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by tweak [/i]
[B][color=crimson][size=1][b]NO[/b], I already explained why I made this thread. To talk about my music happenings and such. New bands I found, old bands I found a new love for, and anything else related to music going on in my life.

Would you rather have me post a thread for each of these bands?[/size][/color]

[/B][/QUOTE]

[color=#808080]Hey hey, calm yourself firstly. ~_^

Secondly, no...I'd rather you didn't create a thread for every band. Of course not.

I'm just pointing out that OtakuBoards is a place of [i]discussion[/i] and that people posting mere "music lists of what I like" can be a bit redundant. That's all. My message is more a general thought than a specific warning to you. [/color]

I'd have to say that if people got off his back about the definition of "overview" and all this other nonsense... there'd be some room for discussion. He's already had some more threads just like this that had a few posts and no problems.

Endymion and myself have both said things specifically about the bands and songs he has mentioned... and that alone gives this thread more posts and discussion than many threads that appear here and fall down the list with zero posts.

Guest cesar906
hey Ilike just about every kind of music only that I'm more of pop,R&B,Punk,and rap and i am a very good raper