OtakuBoards

Non Active Usernames

Gavin

[size=1]I was just browsing through the Otaku members pages looking to see if my new username was available, and I noticed the amount of users on Otakuboards that have made no post or less than 5 after they signed up, before this year or even in 2001.

It struck me as odd that there are 4,400 members, but how may are activly posting (I am in no way dissing OB, it is without a doubt the best website I know), what it think should be done is that those usernames should be deleted so others can use them if they want the name.

If anyone has agrees, disagree or has anything to say please feel free to say it.[/size]

[color=#808080]We delete inactive usernames every few months. This helps to avoid a situation where new members can't get the name they want.

But generally, having inactive users doesn't matter -- it's no waste of our space or anything like that. And in addition, some members will register and not post for a few months...and then begin posting. I'm reluctant to simply remove members on a frequent basis.

So I hope that answers your question. We've had threads about this subject before, too. So you might want to refer to those if you have anything further to ask (or you can simply PM me).[/color]