SadClown Posted August 28, 2003 Posted August 28, 2003 Inapropreate things in movies make them more worth watching becuase life is full of inapropreate things. As for the voice actors, I've noticed a theme in dubbed anime where they use the same voice actors all over the place, much like they do in Japan...only a lot worse...
flint_djinni Posted December 1, 2003 Posted December 1, 2003 Do you think they'll (Pioneer) release Akira in theaters again? I really want to see that. Oh, and if anyone can, can you please fill me in on Akira live action movie details? I only heard of it, know nothing... Tetsuo kicks butt!:devil:
Dagger Posted December 2, 2003 Posted December 2, 2003 I strongly doubt that they will. If I recall correctly, Akira did rather poorly during its original American release (much like Princess Mononoke). Pioneer wouldn't want to risk losing money [i]again[/i]. ~Dagger~
Queen Asuka Posted December 2, 2003 Posted December 2, 2003 [color=hotpink][size=1]I don't think they ever will. That movie is so old and has been out on video and DVD for as long as I can remember. Heck, that movie is probably years older than me. They would have to have some sort of super reason to put it in theaters, and I highly doubt they have one. As for the live-action movie, I know nothing.[/color][/size]
Kinoko Shima Posted December 2, 2003 Posted December 2, 2003 I don't think that Akira will come back out in theaters. As Queen Asuka said, it's old and has been out for a while. I wouldn't mind if it did though. I love Akira. I've heard somewhere about there being a live action movie. But I think they said that Tetsuo won't be Kaneda's friend or something, but his little brother. I could be wrong though.
Toraneko Posted December 2, 2003 Posted December 2, 2003 With the way other live action anime things sound, a live action film of Akira sounds bad.. and I do wonder if they'll be able to reinact some of the things that can occur in Akira.. then again.. they may be able to, with computer generated animation, but they might cause Akira to lose some of it's charm... or something.. which would be bad. :s
Guest rttocs77 Posted December 2, 2003 Posted December 2, 2003 Changing anime to live action never EVER works out well. I also doubt that out of all the anime films they could release on screen that they would chose Akira. If anything, I think they should choose Grave of the Fireflies. I really dislike Akira.
flint_djinni Posted December 4, 2003 Posted December 4, 2003 I know, Tetsou is going to be Kaneda's brother, AKIRA is going to be a government organization and such. WHY?!! And I wonder, how would they make Kaneda's bike? It's never been made, and is impossible to ride.
Sweet Pie Posted December 5, 2003 Posted December 5, 2003 [COLOR=coral][B]I'm always a little confused here. The main character is KANEDA ,right? AND TETSUO too, maybe. WHY, Kei is involved in everything that has got to do with AKIRA. In the early part of the story, A LOT of it is about Kei. And AKIRA looks a lot like KANEDA. WHY? SOMEONE help me!!!![/COLOR][/B]
Anime_Ninja Posted December 6, 2003 Posted December 6, 2003 I don't know if they(Pioneer) will put it back in theaters, but all I know is that Akira is one of the best and one of the most awesome Anime movies I have ever seen.
Kyo no Ryu Posted December 6, 2003 Posted December 6, 2003 I sure hope so. Id love to see the blob monster on big screen. I hope they dont make a liveaction and doubt theuy will, it would be difficult. And Asuka, the movie is 15 years old (just like this idiot^)
Semjaza Posted December 6, 2003 Posted December 6, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Sweet Pie [/i] [B][COLOR=coral][B]I'm always a little confused here. The main character is KANEDA ,right? AND TETSUO too, maybe. WHY, Kei is involved in everything that has got to do with AKIRA. In the early part of the story, A LOT of it is about Kei. And AKIRA looks a lot like KANEDA. WHY? SOMEONE help me!!!![/COLOR][/B] [/B][/QUOTE] All of the characters look very similiar to eachother, it's just the art style. The main importance of Kei is really just to advance the story along so that Kaneda can find out what exactly is going on with Tetsuo. She's the link between it all, so obviously she is over importance.
flint_djinni Posted December 6, 2003 Posted December 6, 2003 Actually, Kei doesn't really play a MAJOR role in Akira. I have the manga, and that old guy we see in the movie, the one who chants about Akira, is actually an old lady, and the major link.
Sweet Pie Posted December 9, 2003 Posted December 9, 2003 [COLOR=coral][B]There's this old girl called NO.41 if I'm not wrong. What's her role?[/COLOR][/B]
Kinoko Shima Posted December 10, 2003 Posted December 10, 2003 I think, if I'm right, that NO. 41 is named Kyoko. She can see glimpses of the future in her dreams, or something like that.
Guest juzzam Posted June 26, 2005 Posted June 26, 2005 After hearing how good this movie was I decided to buy it. For £10 I got the 2 disv utimate edition and was very pleased. Alot of people say its complicated, but I seemed to understand it straight away. Even after googling it and finding a decent synopsis there didnt seem to be anything i missed out. But anyway, the storys great, the animations great, the music fits perfectly. The whole film is just amazing. Now im trying to find the manga which is suposed to be better.
are i Posted August 5, 2005 Posted August 5, 2005 [COLOR=DarkRed]Akira is one of my favorites... the animation is just plain awesome (80's or not). The characters do seem to look a little too much like each other, but it doesn't really take away from the film. The music is really original also. My only problem with the movie is that it's nearly impossible to know what's going on. Too much plot was cut out when translating from the manga. Really, the only way to get the full story is to read the original series. But I think we can all agree that the best thing about the movie is Kaneda's bike :animesmil (Kyoko is no. 25 :p )[/COLOR]
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now