OtakuBoards

Freddy vs. Jason

The Vampire: Ed

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

man i am definetely goin to see this movie. all that i have to say is that it is going to be one interesting moive. Freddy vs. Jason. man i don't know who the heck to go with. i can't make up my mind. i hope it's bloody and gory thats all i have to say.hehe!:devil: :naughty: :smirk:

[color=brown][size=1]heh yeah I am surely goning to see it this weekend.. I havent seen ethier movies.. but theres always a first time for everything, I musta watched the prewview of it like 5 times off comingsoon.net so you can tell I wanna go see it[/color][/size]

Of course they are going to say it's bad. These movies are meant to be cheesy and have dorky one liners. Critics in general want to look intelligent and so they pan these movies even if they do what they do well.

I think it looks like a fun movie. I'm not going there to be impressed by an amazing script and plotline. In fact, I already know it's going to be just this side of B-movie horror and completely moronic... but it will be fun and it's like a fanboy's wet dream come true.

It's obviously for the fans, and I for one want to see Freddy after so long. No other mainstream, long running horror villian has a personality like that. They're mostly just silent killers.

It's a nice change of pace from the supposed "horror" we get lately. I'm tired of crap like Darkness Falls (the DVD had the people involved saying how sophisticated and intelligent it was... huh?) and Ghost Ship (Cool first 5 minutes, the rest sucked. What is with the industrial music?) and god knows what else that is simply horrible.

In other news... There is talk of making a Freddy vs. Jason vs. Ash film. That would be a dream come true.

Anyone that likes Ash should be excited heh.

[size=1]Oddly enough, I'm the first person in this thread who has seen the movie. Oh well, here are my thoughts.

First of all, I just want to point out that I did not grow up on the Freddy/Jason movies like a lot of people have. I really enjoy horror movies, but straight-forward slashers have never appealed to me. Still, the idea of combining two classic characters like this seemed fun, so I my curiosity made me go.

The first few minutes of the movie do a good job of explaining Freddy's backstory, and there are quite a few clips from previous "Nightmare" films. Without this recap I wouldn't have been completely lost, not that the story is central to this movie. The crossover is handled pretty well, and it made sense. It isn't like a a comic book where two characters are paired for no apparent reason, and a conflict starts to build between the two throughout the movie. Besides the two murderers there is a large group of attractive, teenage victims. Rather than being token corpses, they keep the chases and bloodbaths fun. I thought the movie was surprisingly well-written, considering how easily this could have become a disaster. The music was good, since they chose to go with a classic slasher soundtrack.

The Freddy/Jason battle was excellent, definitely the highlight of the movie. So yeah, go see it if you like violence. Personally, I want to see Freddy vs. Jason vs. Chucky (Child's Play) but that's just me...

-Shy[/size]

Guest Forbidden One
[color=blue]First off the rumor is that the Dimension Films and New Line Cinema are in talks to have a Jason vs. Michael Myers flick. However as for chucky ever getting into the mix its doubtful. As for the movie I saw it on opening day in NYC which was actually the 16th since the power was out.

Overall I enjoyed the film since I grew up on Freddy and my favorite killer Jason. However script wise the film sort of fell short on a couple of references like Jason being afraid of the water. Also the script in general could of been a little better. But after about 30 mins into the film it started to get really enjoyable. As for the ending well [spoiler]I love the fact Jason wins at the end![/spoiler]

However the film felt more like a Nightmare on Elm Street movie since it focused more on Freddy's grand return to the screen. Jason just was more like a guest star then really a co-star...[/color]

I've not heard that rumor. The only one I've heard is the one I've mentioned, with Ash. I've read that at dozens of places now, so it seems it's a rather decent sized one.

[spoiler]Neither of them really win at all anyway, I'd say. They both basically kill eachother and "win" in the battles like 10 times over. They just keep coming back, really. Unless you count Jason's body being more intact as winning lol.[/spoiler]

I liked the movie. It did what it set out to do. I'm not sure what you meant by the water thing you made reference to, but it makes sense (even though they never really made use of it in other films to my knowledge -- haven't seen every one of them). My only gripe about that is when [spoiler] the girl in the movie basically just says "what is the significance of fire and water!?" or some nonsense, basically for almost no reason at all. It's like the just stuck it in there at a really odd point in the film, and it was really unnecessary considering the film explains it [i]again[/i] and makes even better, more subtle references to it later.

There were some really cool scenes in the movie. My favorite scene in the trailer is when Freddy jumps out of Crystal Lake... but in the film it was slightly different. They gave it this red tint. I thought it was cooler in the trailer.

I also don't remember seeing that "Place your bets!" thing in the film, but who knows at this point. Speaking of that, the acting on a whole was a bit off, it seemed. Some people were good, some were just bleh. I don't know what else I could expect, and I know a good deal of it can be attributed to some really odd writing... but eh. This is what I expected.

I was glad to see Kelly Rowland die though.[/spoiler]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel[/i]
[B][spoiler]I was glad to see Kelly Rowland die though.[/spoiler][/B][/QUOTE][size=1]You and me both, lol. I did not mind her acting too much at first, [spoiler]but the way she began acting towards Freddy before she is killed totally just pissed me off. The fact that Freddy actually backed off shocked me (though perhaps he saw Jason coming?). Though I thoroughly enjoyed watching her body get hacked and thrown into a tree.[/spoiler]

Personally, I have always enjoyed Freddy over Jason. Simply because Jason can only do so much. There is really only so many ways you can hack at a person with a machete. Whereas Freddy can go as far as the imagination. So he is always fun to watch. [i]Plus[/i] he has that children's rhyme to go along with him that I always loved singing when I was young. ^_^ I had forgotten about that, but then I heard it in the movie and it instantly came back to memory.

I found the movie to be rather predictable, but very much worth the watch. Jason's first kill had to be the best of his in the movie (in my opinion)[spoiler]mainly because he folded up the bed. :p Though that stoner was also a good kill.[/spoiler] I am trying to think of Freddy's best, [spoiler]but did he only kill that one guy whom he burned and cut up? That is really the only one I can remember.

The Freddy vs. Jason battle was indeed really fun to watch. You get a taste of both Jason on Freddy's 'home field' and Freddy in Jason's world. I really liked it when Freddy was brought into the real world though. It just shows that even without his 'super powers' he can still put up a good fight. I am pretty sure he would have [b]ultimately[/b] won too, if it was not for those meddling kids. ^_~

But alas, as Semjaza said, neither of them really won. Both Freddy and Jason are still alive at the end of the movie as is seen. That is what I expected though; a draw. (A) It is really just hard to choose who would actually win, and (B) it leaves it open for more movies.[/spoiler]

Just something I noticed at the beginning of this topic. That poster TVE showed in the first post is flawed. Freddy wears his glove on the right hand, not the left. :p

Who is this Ash? I cannot say that name rings a bell...[/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SSJ Gotenks ok [/i]
[B]Well i have seen this movie about 2 weeks ago at a free showing.I dont wanna spoil anything. [/B][/QUOTE]

bro this movie will go down as one of the worst. save us all the money an time a spoil it. tell us everything so we wont have to spend the money, although most if us wont an wait till we can download it somewhere. trust me...you will be doing us a favor.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B][size=1]That poster TVE showed in the first post is flawed. Freddy wears his glove on the right hand, not the left. :p[/B][/size][/QUOTE]

Yeah, I noticed that myself, but they probably just flipped a picture to get the glove in there. They titled the movie Freddy vs. Jason, so I guess they just wanted to have them in that order since they didn't actually use the title on that poster. If they didn't use a flipped image it would have just been his gloveless hand, but I suppose they could have easily had him hold his gloved hand in front of him or simply have him put it on his left shoulder, since it seems to be Freddy's trademark pose/stance.

Anyway, I just seen the move today, and I gotta say it [b]FAR[/b] surpassed my expectations. They surprising wrote a good plot explaining how they came together, and why. Freddy seemed to get more screen time than Jason, I think he did anyway, [spoiler]but Jason got most of the kills, all in fact excluding that one Freddy burned his message into[/spoiler].

The battle(s) between Freddy, and Jason were awesome. I really didn't expect them to be all that great, but they were indeed awesome. [spoiler]I thought it was awesome when Jason smashed Freddy through that cabin window then ran him through the wall. Overall it was cool seeing Jason do anything, because he easily threw people, including Freddy, like they were frisbees. That was cool, and what can I say about Freddy? He was hilarious. I cracked up laughing when he did that "Got your nose!" dream, that was truely funny. Freddy is pretty charismatic for a murderous supernatural psychopath. I was also really surprised at how he fought. He was doing jump kicks, and things I never thought I'd see, but it was nice to know he was totally defenseless when not in his dream world.

Anyway, yeah, it actually ends in a tie. They make it look like Jason won when he emerged from the lake holding Freddy's head, that is until Freddy winks and grins. That was pretty cool. Also, I liked the red tint they gave that scene where Freddy jumped out of the lake, it looked very hellish and it made sense since Freddy's own appearance seem to change to a more hellish one.[/spoiler]

The one thing that really annoyed me though was [spoiler] the fact that they never explain how either Freddy, or Jason escape hell! As a matter of fact they never even mention they being in hell ever. It's like it never happened.[/spoiler]

Overall, I thought it was an awesome movie, and I think it was made well enough that even people who aren't fans of either Freddy, or Jason would still really enjoy it. It was fun to watch. If you haven't seen the movie yet, I suggest seeing it.

I wouldn't mind seeing Michael Myers thrown into the mix in a future movie, but [b]NEVER[/b] Ash of Evil Dead, or Chucky of Child's Play. Those would just be really, really lame.

Oh, and Spiegel, if you didn't see the movie, don't speak. You obviously don't know what you're talking about.

ur right i didnt. i never will. i saw jason x, an all previous remakes an im pissed off that i paid the money, excpet for x which my classmate brought in to class for us all to see how horrible it was w/o the wasted cash. ur a fan. so be it. im not. thats how the pebble rocks. besides i think an am almost sure that all of NYC and long island think as i do. an thats enough for me.

The movie made nearly $40 million it's opening weekend. It's safe to say that not "almost all" in any part of the country agrees with you lol. The movie had a positive buzz around it for quite some time.

Anyway, Micheal Myers would be lame as hell. Come on. The guy doesn't talk. He's basically Jason with a different mask. Ash at least has a personality to match Freddy's... and a freaking chainsaw arm. I'd see that movie.

Of course, two totally silent killers who get nearly all of their personality from what others in the film say about them would be much better. No way lol. I'd have little interest in that.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SpikeSpiegel [/i]
[B]ur right i didnt. i never will. i saw jason x, an all previous remakes an im pissed off that i paid the money, excpet for x which my classmate brought in to class for us all to see how horrible it was w/o the wasted cash. ur a fan. so be it. im not. thats how the pebble rocks. besides i think an am almost sure that all of NYC and long island think as i do. an thats enough for me. [/B][/QUOTE]

Well, if you don't think you're going to like it, fine. Just don't go around saying it is going to be the worst movie of all time like it's truth. It's your opinion, not everyone shares it. And if you're basing your decision solely, or even mostly on how Jason X turned out, then you're making a huge mistake. That movie was even disgusted by most Friday the 13th fans, so that holds no water here. Jason X was more like some bad "What if?" movie.

I really can't say anything about you seeing the rest of the Friday the 13th movies, because I don't which ones or how many you did see. But sure there are a few bad ones, but what would you expect? With that many movies in the series you'd actually expect a few bad eggs.

Don't want to see it? Fine, just don't post such biased opinions against this movie based on a failure such as Jason X.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by The Vampire: Ed[/i]
[B]The one thing that really annoyed me though was [spoiler]the fact that they never explain how either Freddy, or Jason escape hell! As a matter of fact they never even mention they being in hell ever. It's like it never happened.[/spoiler][/B][/QUOTE][size=1][spoiler]Actually, they [i]did[/i] mention them being in Hell in the very beginning when Freddy was talking about how he was trying to find a way to get the kids on Elm Street to remember him and he had to 'go into the deepest levels of hell to find it' (or something along those lines) and then it shows Jason's mask. Also, Freddy never really went to Hell. He was just forgotten through means of dreamless sleep.[/size][/spoiler]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by PiroMunkie [/i]
[B][size=1][spoiler]Actually, they [i]did[/i] mention them being in Hell in the very beginning when Freddy was talking about how he was trying to find a way to get the kids on Elm Street to remember him and he had to 'go into the deepest levels of hell to find it' (or something along those lines) and then it shows Jason's mask. Also, Freddy never really went to Hell. He was just forgotten through means of dreamless sleep.[/size][/spoiler] [/B][/QUOTE]

[spoiler]Not really. Yeah, I remembered Freddy saying that, but it never actually showed them [b]in[/b] hell. It seemed more like a metaphor rather than something to be taken literally, especially if you say is true, about Freddy not actually going to hell and all. Jason wasn't in hell at all either, as Freddy said, he's only sleeping, he cannot die. You see him dig himself free from the ground, not from hell. Freddy, well-he's just forgotten as you said. He's stuck in nothingness. But I am pretty sure both were meant to be in hell. If you think about it. In Jason Goes To Hell Jason well-went to hell as the title says, if Freddy wasn't in hell then how could he reach up and pull Jason's mask to hell with him? I think they were supposed to be in hell, but ignored that fact and went on without actually acknowledging it. That's basically what I think happened anyway.[/spoiler]

[spoiler]I really don't think they do ever make any real reference to it. Freddy basically just goes into Jason's dreams and gets him riled up by pretending to be his insane mother. Then Jason just rises from the ground.

I figure they didn't bother with it because there would be no real rational explanation for it. Even if they could, it would make the movie substantially longer.

There have been several rejected scripts for this movie. I wonder if any of them made reference to it?[/spoiler]

Speaking of those rejected scripts, I have found four rejected scripts for Freddy vs. Jason on the [URL=http://www.fridaythe13thfilms.com/home.html]Friday the 13th website[/URL]. But just to make it easier on everyone, I've provided the links to each script below.

[URL=http://www.fridaythe13thfilms.com/bts/scripts/fvsj_ab.txt]Aibel & Berger[/URL]

[URL=http://www.fridaythe13thfilms.com/bts/scripts/jvsf_bm.txt]Braga & Moore[/URL]

[URL=http://www.fridaythe13thfilms.com/bts/scripts/n13_la.txt]Lewis Abernathy[/URL]

[URL=http://www.fridaythe13thfilms.com/bts/scripts/fvsj_mp.txt]Mark Protosevich[/URL]

Those should be an interesting read.

[b]EDIT:[/b] I've read bits, and pieces of a few of them, and the two I've read, the first and last, have similar things happen. [spoiler]Freddy is somehow tied into Jason's death, in the last one he turns out to be one of the two counselors who were supposed to be watching the children in the lake the day Jason drowned. Jason also becomes a sort of good guy in the last script, and even obeys the main character, a young women.[/spoiler]

I used the spoilers just in case any of this is actually used in a future movie.

I've seen the movie and it rocked. It was was so funny at times and I would give examples, but I don't want to ruin it for any one.
Once again Freddy comes up with intreasting was to kick peoples a**.

You might jump here and their, you'll absolutely jump if a couple of under age kids keeps coming in and out and one of them all of a sudden screams at something on the screen.

It happened when Freddy popped on the screen. Any way if you're not weither or not you want to see it I advice you go see it at least once.

If you don't like it then don't go see it again, but I think the movie was awsome.

This movie was something else(in a good way). BTW, [spolier]Jason had a huge a** head, and i guess it was a tie[/spoiler]

To tell you the truth, I found the movie more hilarious than scary! XD Even the people in the theater thought so as well. Not one person screamed, LMAO! But really, I never thought I would watch [i]Freddy vs. Jason[/i]. I only did it because my friends were curious about it. Hehe. Plus the one calling the shots that day was the birthday girl, so I can't be a meanie about it. ^_^