OtakuBoards

Opinions about war

Ice Dragon v2

thanks. heres a better one tho:
"Nobody wants to get involved in wars, but those who can fight, should fight. At least that's what I think. I know it seems the wrong word, but those pilots are what I call rightous..." -Sally Po's thoughts on the Gundam Pilots

i have a bunch more quotes frum Gundam wing on my old website:
[url]www.animeaka.homestead.com/gwquotes.html[/url]

I have a warrior nature, heck, my last name means Warrior in a foreign language! i'm trying to fight it off, most of you people have seen my posts trying to prevent a war from happening, but i love fighting, i want to go out their and show 'em what i've got, but i also know its wrong, and it will only cause pain and suffering and death.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Flik [/i]
[B]No The Prez is pretty sure he wants to start a war and blast the d@mn country to bits. I am a warrior more then a pacifist!!!!!! [/B][/QUOTE]

Where's my A/W Magnum? Don't forget the C4. I forgot about the HE grenades, I hope the shop Isn't closed yet......

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Ice Dragon v2 [/i]
[B]if war does break, im goin whether its my choice or military draft [/B][/QUOTE]
id like to believe that id goto war if i cood, but theres always a chance that i cood get killed. but how can u say no to doing cool stuff like parachuting outta a plane and firing automatic weapons?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by No-Name [/i]
[B]
id like to believe that id goto war if i cood, but theres always a chance that i cood get killed. but how can u say no to doing cool stuff like parachuting outta a plane and firing automatic weapons? [/B][/QUOTE]
i know its pretty cool to jump out of the plane and fire automatic weaponry. but we see its really cool from a civilain point of view. in a soldier's point of view, he/she can be scared half to death because its the real thing, not knowing on whats gonna happen.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Ice Dragon v2 [/i]
[B]
i know its pretty cool to jump out of the plane and fire automatic weaponry. but we see its really cool from a civilain point of view. in a soldier's point of view, he/she can be scared half to death because its the real thing, not knowing on whats gonna happen. [/B][/QUOTE]

egg-zacktly

As I think about Bush declaring war a feeling of dread passes over me. One of my friends who is 18 and went through basic training this summer may possibly get drafted to go fight in some desert hell hole. All I can say is I hope he comes home alive. The bad thing is the wars probably gonna' be over in a few weeks, I mean the Gulf war was over in about 4 days. That means I won't get to help. And I really wanted to kick some mid-eastern *** too!

[b][u]I was gonna post this as a new thred, then I asked Transtic for permission, and he said ppl'd go mental at me,..then I saw his thread,..so meh,..here goes..[/u][/b]

[b]I guess you?ll all think of me as a crook now,..now that you know that I?m almost neutral (but towards the Afghan side) in this WTC&Pentagon attack thing?but anyways,..here are a few interesting things I found while researching this whole dang thing?I can?t keep my feelings on this topic botled up forever
(I was like, supporting Bush 95% at the beginning of this thing)
BTW, all bold brackets are my comments,..and the normal brackets are actually there..[/b]

[b][u]Pieces[/u] [u]from[/u] [u][I]The[/u] [u]Independent[/I][/u][/b]
[b][u]Piece one?[/u][/b]
[I]BUSH IS WALKING INTO A TRAP- By Robert Fisk[/I]
Retaliation is a trap. In a world that was supposed to have learnt that the rule of law comes above revenge, President Bush appears to be heading for the very disaster that Osama bin Laden has laid down for him. Let us have no doubts about what happened in New York and Washington last week. It was a crime against humanity ([b]Yes,..it was extremely cruel and many innocent lives were lost[/b]). We cannot understand America?s need to retaliate unless we accept this bleak, awesome ([b]awesome?[/b]) fact But this crime was perpetrated-it becomes ever clearer-to provoke the United States into just the blind, arogant punch that the US military is preparing.
Mr. Bin Laden ([b]Mr?[/b])-every day his culpability ([b]Huh?[/b]) becomes more apparent-has described to me how he wishes to overthrow the pro-American regime of the Middle East, starting with Saudia Arabia and moving on to Egypt, Jordan and other Gulf states. In an Arab world sunk into corruption and dictatorships-most of them supported by the West-the only act that might bring Muslims to strike at their own leaders would be a brutal, indiscriminate assault by the Untied States. Mr bin Laden is unsophisticated in foreign affairs, but a close student of art and horror of war. He knew how to fight the Russians who stayed on in Afghanistan, a Russian monster that revenged itself upon its ill-educated, courageous antagonists until, faced with war without end, the entire Soviet Union began to fall apart.
The Chechens learnt this lesson. And the man responsible for so much of the bloodbath in Chechnya-the career KGB man whose army is raping and murdering the insurgent population of Sunni Muslim in Chechnya-is now being signed up by Mr. Bush for his ?war against people?. ([b] How ironic[/b]) Vladimir Putin must surely have a sense of humour to appreciate the cruel ironies that have come to pass, though I doubt he will let Mr. Bush know what happens when you start a war of retaliation; your army-like the Russian forces in Chechnya-becomes locked into a battle with an enemy that appears ever more ruthless, ever more evil.
But the Americans need look no further than Ariel Sharon?s futile war against the Palestinians to understand the folly of retaliation. In Lebanon, it was always the same. A Hizbollah guerilla would kill an Israeli occupation soldier, and the Israelis would fire back in retaliation at a village in which one civilian would die. The Hizbollah would retaliate with a Katyusha missile attack over the Isreali border, and the Israelis would retaliate again with a bombardment of southern Lebanon. In the end, the Hizbollah- the ?centre of world terror? according to Mr. Sharron-drove the Israelis out of Lebanon.
([b]End of one of the five columns of this ?column?[/b])

[b]I?ll type out the other columns one by one to this thread (and the other pieces),..and I?d like feedback,..good or bad about this..I don?t really mind. I only hope that you will respect my POV, as I respect all of yours, and that you?d still think of me as the same AJ2K1 as you did before this thread. I also hope that you realise that these are [u]my[/u] personal opinions, and do not represent the opinions of all the Muslims in the world, or any Arab etc. (This is an individual POV, and not a religious, nor an Islamic standpoint)
Please understand that these are my opinions and are not SPAM.[/b]

Well everyone knows i have a different opion on this. First of all everyone read the sig. That man was a true amwerican leader. Second. Wars are useless and only kill people. But this calls for war. I know many of you say we dont need to get revenge or kill others but what if we dont do anything. Next time it might be you or your family. I dont understand why no one cares if they die. Im scared. You saw how easily they did the bombings. They could easily do it again at the next football game you go to. we should not have to live in fear in this land of the free. We have to strike them so that me, my family, you, and your family dont have to be the next ones to die. You all agree murderes should spend life in prison or be executed right? Well whats different here. These peopel are 20x worse than murderes. There crazy and there goal is to kill as many of us as possible. I dont understand why you poeple want these terrorist to live when all they do is devote their life to killing us. I just dont get it.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Seifer [/i]
[B]Well everyone knows i have a different opion on this. First of all everyone read the sig. That man was a true amwerican leader. Second. Wars are useless and only kill people. But this calls for war. I know many of you say we dont need to get revenge or kill others but what if we dont do anything. Next time it might be you or your family. I dont understand why no one cares if they die. Im scared. You saw how easily they did the bombings. They could easily do it again at the next football game you go to. we should not have to live in fear in this land of the free. We have to strike them so that me, my family, you, and your family dont have to be the next ones to die. You all agree murderes should spend life in prison or be executed right? Well whats different here. These peopel are 20x worse than murderes. There crazy and there goal is to kill as many of us as possible. I dont understand why you poeple want these terrorist to live when all they do is devote their life to killing us. I just dont get it. [/B][/QUOTE]

[b]If you want to define terrorism as the attacking of innocent civilians. Then Osama bin Laden is certainly not the only terrorist around. In fact he would be a very minor terrorist compared with the US or Israeli military. Or for that matter, the Iraqi or Indonesian military. Or the Columbian, Chinese, Indian armies... the list goes on and on. Bottom line, governments like to kill innocent people. Especially the US. While the US has (more than) it fair share of blood on it's hands, it constantly condemns other countries/people for doing things that are miniscule compared to it's own actions. The US and UK are directly responsible for 2 million civilian deaths in Iraq over the past 10 years. That includes 500,000 children. The US had no qualms about dropping bombs on civilians in Serbia during the balkan war. The US has no problem with Israel using US provided weapons to destroy palestinian neighbourhoods. The US has no problems providing support and weapons to the Columbian government which is well known for murdering its own populace. Or the Indonesian military which carried out a massive bloodthirsty campaign against the East Timorese. Or over a decade ago, providing Iraq with biological weapons (that it later condemned...) that Saddam Hussein used against the Kurds. [/b]
You see, I have my many reasons..

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by AJ2K1 4 Life [/i]
[B][b]The above post was a quote by an american..I forgot who,..but it's online somewhere,..I was doin a little research, and I copied and pasted some of the most interesting thoughts, whether or not I agreed with them...[/b] [/B][/QUOTE]
i dont really agree with that post but i respect its point of view

Hmm.....im not sure what all this guy was talking abuot, and the fact that he is wrong or that hes been talking to mr canibus for way to long. but we sure dont kill innocent people just cause we dopnt like the values of another country. We have always attacked military targets and none other. there was that accident with the pharmecutical plant but it was an Accident. We are different from them and the fact you believe we are not is absurd.

In Iraq we did not kill any civilians.yes some might have died but its war you have to expect a few deaths of innocent people. If we killed as many as you say bill clinton and the commanders would all be in belgium right now in a court being tried for war crimes.

You really need to quit believing everything you see or hear. That thing about Iraq and Serbie is the stupidest thing I have ever heard. If thats true I am Micheal Jackson.