OtakuBoards

Otakuboards Database Problem

Epitome

This is basically something that is on the host's end of things. I don't know that much can be done on OB's side. Something we just have to bare with when it happens at this point in time.

Anyway... I look to it as a push to really get off the stupid computer and go have some real fun. Go outside, play some games, anything.

I think everyone can do without OB in totality for a few hours at a time.

[color=#335062]Oh, you'd be surprised. ~_^

Hehe, but anyway...yeah, this is something we have no control over at the current time.

We will do our best to solve the problem though, which might possibly include moving to a new server. But we'll see. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=#335062]Oh, you'd be surprised. ~_^[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=indigo]Yes. I need my doses of OtakuBoards on-demand. Otherwise I get cranky and annoy people over AIM. And trust me, you do [i]not[/i] want to find yourself on the recieving end of one of those IMs. :twitch:[/color]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=#335062]We will do our best to solve the problem though, which might possibly include moving to a new server.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
[size=1]This is our third server in the past two years, isn't it?[/size]
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Desbreko [/i]
[B][color=indigo]Yes. I need my doses of OtakuBoards on-demand. Otherwise I get cranky and annoy people over AIM. And trust me, you do [i]not[/i] want to find yourself on the recieving end of one of those IMs. :twitch:[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
[size=1]The secret is to stay off your IMs until the boards go back up. I remember last summer when OB was down for a month and every day threee or four people would ask me when it would be up again. It got really annoying after a certain point.

-Shy[/size]

[color=#335062]Well, we moved servers from v3 to v4. But that was a very short move. The boards were only down during that time because v4 was being worked on.

And we moved again from v5 to v6. That was the month-long move. It would have been shorter, had our host not made so many mistakes. lol

If we move again, it will be because we need to. Adam and I both dislike moving the entire site, because it can be very troublesome.

But, we'll do what we have to so that OtakuBoards works. Hopefully, if we do move again, it'll be our last move for a long time.
[/color]

I dont like having to wait to get on either Desbresko and I do get out Semjaze but I like the boards. Its the only place that I can talk to people about anime and art and stuff. My school is a bunch of hicks and they are always like "ANIME SUX!!" and I say "YOU KNOW WHAT, YOU SUCK" or something like that. So thats why I like to chill out on the boards.