Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I've just recently started downloading some of thier stuff. It's not quite Radiohead, not quite They Might Be Giants, but sounds like a combination of both. I heard they draw some of thier influance from the meat puppets, but I can't really pick up on that. Any opinions?:devil:
Posted
Don't randomly post pictures for the sake of hosting.

The Flaming Lips hadn't really sounded like Radiohead until rather recently. Even then, I don't think they are all that similiar other than their reliance on computer aided sounds.

Since you're just getting into them, I'd really recommend the tracks off The Soft Bulletin. The last CD, Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots, was very good too... but not quite as great, in my opinion.
Posted
[color=darkblue][size=1]I was really into them a long time ago. Can't remember a damn thing about them anymore, really. Too many drugs since then. *_*

I'll have to download some stuff, since my CDs got destroyed and you've got me all nostalgic.[/color][/size]
Posted
[color=ff00cc] [size=1]I've only sampled about two of their songs, but they've been pretty good so far. ^_^

I've actually been trying to download a few of their songs, but Kazaa hasn't really been working for me. - .-;[/color] [/size]
Posted
Yeah, that image you uploaded didn't really serve any purpose. And if you did that to use OB as an image host, that's just plain not right.

So because it holds no ground in this conversation, I'm deleting it.
Posted
I like them a lot, and I especially like there older stuff. There newer stuff is good too, it just sounds a tad bit different. I burned my brother's Flaming Lips CDs and now I have all of them.

-About that image he posted, he was just trying to use it as an avatar. I made an avatar for him and showed him how to use it. I just thought I should clear that up.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...