Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I know it's kinda early, but are any of you going to dress up, pass out candy, or go trick or treating? My memory is failing me, is Halloween celebrated around the world?
Guest Master O Beans
Posted
Halloween = FALL! I LOVE THE FALL!!!
Posted
Im fond of winter....it makes only a little difference here though. It just rains and it gets a little chilly. Im going to scare babies. Ha ha ha.
Posted
Some cultures don't celebrate it because they're really superstitious.

For halloween, I'm probably going to dress up as Volt from The Bouncer and go trick or treating with my G/F, dressed as Dominique.
Posted
I haven't done Halloween since I was 13... I suppose being 90 degrees out and dressed in some ridiculous costume has nothing to with it, but i just don't grasp the whole deal.... so no i won't be going trick or treatings this year.... probably sit my *** watching TV, working, or on the computer....
Posted
hmmm,i seem to remeber last year i wore this hat that made me look like i had an axe in my head and walked around with 2 of my freinds,shame is we couldnt do much trick or treating because of 2 reasons,one being when we knocked on the door the person inside threw stuff at us or told us to piss off ,and also because our school dance wuz on that nite,man that dance rocked come to think about it:cool: :devil: :laugh:


[B]"most of my freinds including me see halloween as a time to get free lollies for doing nuthin"[/B]
Guest Master O Beans
Posted
Yeah, my halloween will probably be spend one of three ways:

1) Doing MASS AMOUNTS of homework
2) Partyin'
3) On the computer! (YAY!)

so the way I see it, I won't be celebrating all that much...
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Master O Beans [/i]
[B]Halloween = FALL! I LOVE THE FALL!!! [/B][/QUOTE]

Amen to that. :D

I love autumn...

Halloween, though....

Let's review some basic rules parents drill into their kids' heads...

Do not talk to strangers.
Do not take candy from strangers.
For the love of God, if you are dumb enought o take candy from a stranger and lucky enough to walk away, DON'T EAT THE CANDY!!!
Do not stay outside after dark.
Don't run across the street!
Never go door to door!
Do not answer the door if you don't recognize the person ringing the bell.
People in masks are not to be trusted.
No, you may NOT wear your Power Ranger pajamas in public!

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but...:rolleyes:
Guest Master O Beans
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cera [/i]
[B]

Never go door to door!
[/B][/QUOTE]

No door to door!!! AHHH! :eek: You must have lived a deprived life if you weren't able to go door to door. Oh geeze, I cringe just at the thought...
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Dark [/i]
[B]In Greece we don't have Halloween...what dou u exactly do in it? :confused: [/B][/QUOTE]

Well traditionally kids dress up in costumes, whether it be Ninja, Power Ranger, Werewolf, whatever and they go around either with their parents, or group of friends and basically stop at people's houses and say "Trick or Treat" which isn't really an option because most people have treats (or money).. so they open up their pillow sack or whatever they are using and the person puts candy in it.. you do this to many other houses, some more than others... and you get lots of candy and then proceed to fatten yourself over the course of the next month or two :)

Halloween means All Hallows Eve, which I dunno has any resemblance to evil, but it's consider by many religious fanatics to be "Devil Day" or whatever.... i say screw it and have fun....

Anyway, I think that explained it to some extent....
Posted
I love halloween but I don't dress up because I can never find a good costume. I was a vampire for four years running!:(
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cera [/i]
rules
1.Do not talk to strangers.
2.Do not take candy from strangers.
3.For the love of God, if you are dumb enought o take candy from a stranger and lucky enough to walk away, DON'T EAT THE CANDY!!!
4.Do not stay outside after dark.
5.Don't run across the street!
6.Never go door to door!
7.Do not answer the door if you don't recognize the person ringing the bell.
8.People in masks are not to be trusted.
9.No, you may NOT wear your Power Ranger pajamas in public!
[/QUOTE]

Hmm.. Gonna break #1,2,3,4,5,6,8.
Noone comes to our house because it's at the far edge of the wrong side of town, so 7 don't apply.
And I'm not stupid enough to break #9..

Maybe I'll be either Matt or D_E (guess why!!:D )
Posted
is cool. I dress up like some dead thing. And i take my paintball gun, eggs, and toliet paper. I shoot houses then egg them then tipee the tree and the house. I do that for 3 hours.......Im a bad boy:o
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]Halloween means All Hallows Eve, which I dunno has any resemblance to evil, but it's consider by many religious fanatics to be "Devil Day" or whatever.... i say screw it and have fun....[/B][/QUOTE]

Something about spirits being active on the night before All Saint's Day...Demons, dead relatives, and the like....Some people believe it involves worship of the devil, blah, blah, blah....

I love Halloween...costumes, candy, and cool october nights.....ahhh....the memories....

My kid brother's birthday is on halloween, so it's always a big to-do at our house.
Posted
[color=purple] I can't wait!!! I love Halloween!! it's my fave holiday! my friends and I are going to dress up as trashy 80's gals!! haha it's the greatest ever I get to be whatever I want for a day how much more fun can I ask for??[/color]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cera [/i]
[B]


I love Halloween...costumes, candy, and cool october nights.....ahhh....the memories....

[/B][/QUOTE]

Unless you live in Florida where the normal temp on Halloween in upper 80's.... god it's so horrid here....
Guest Imsirion
Posted
i dont like halloween, gotten bad vibes since i was little( dont know Y ) so im gonna lock myself in my room all night and play chrono trigger!:)
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]

Unless you live in Florida where the normal temp on Halloween in upper 80's.... god it's so horrid here.... [/B][/QUOTE]Ya know, Transtic, I like Florida less and less each time you post.....

But I'm in Wisconsin, the leaves are just starting to change, and we're in for a storm tonight....

Sometimes, I love my life.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cera [/i]
[B]Ya know, Transtic, I like Florida less and less each time you post.....
[/B][/QUOTE]

YAY!... i mean.... aww thats too bad...

::adds another name to devious plan to make people realize the horrors of Old people and heat mixed with ocean, republicans and lots of spanish speaking people::.... well the spanish speaking people isn't so bad, but the others... and there's NO japanese people here....
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]

YAY!... i mean.... aww thats too bad...

::adds another name to devious plan to make people realize the horrors of Old people and heat mixed with ocean, republicans and lots of spanish speaking people::.... well the spanish speaking people isn't so bad, but the others... and there's NO japanese people here.... [/B][/QUOTE]Hey, you live there, not me...:p

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...