Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Ok I was sitting here, music playing as it usually is and I got caught up in the lirics for Jimies Chiken Shacks, "High" so I thought to myself, thats an awfully good question -(In response to the line "What does it take to get you high?") So I thought I would ask what other peoples opinions on the song are?

I find that it makes clear the fact that everyone is looking for the next high, I dont necisarily mean drugs either, but to me at least the lirics stike a chord of truth, I await your opinions.
Posted
Live music...Being surrounded by people I don't know, with a kick *** band infront of me playing one of my favourite songs. I am pretty happy with how many times that scenario has occurred. Musically, thats what gets me high? You were talking musically right?
Posted
I understand why you would put this in the Music forum, but if you intend for people to discuss [i]more[/i] than just music, then this belongs in the Lounge.

Although I do get my high off of music (especially when I listen to 60s rock.), other people might get their "high" off of other things (painting, exercise, actual drugs, ect.). This thread is getting moved.

[color=green]Thread Moved[/color]
Posted
I sorta get high on sugar (bet we didn't see that coming ;))

well not just sugar but if i have 2 of my faveourite classes at the last part of the day then i get hyper on that. :p

Music doesn't really make me high, i just calms me down a bit.
Posted
[COLOR=green]Watching any of the [I]Star Wars[/I] movies gets me high. In fact, just about anything to do with Star Wars gets me high.

Oh yeah, computer gets me high too. I'm addicted...[/COLOR]
Posted
What gets me high depends on what kind of mood I'm in---angsty, then probably some loud, depressing music I can howl to. If I'm in a good mood and I've helped someone---I get a rush from succeeding in doin' that. If I'm horny and I get---::coughs:: So. It depends on my mood.

That clock says it's 4:17 PM and I know for a fact that it's 10:19 AM. ::taps it:: I think.
Guest Randleman
Posted
Being around the girl I love gets me high. I just feel wonderful and free when I'm around her. Well, that and sugar. :p
Posted
:cough:
Am I going to be the only one to admit that drugs got me high? Probably.

With the exception of my under-control drug problem, I get my high off Street/Trail BMX riding. It's great when you're pedaling through the forest way faster than you should be on designated trails you've rode a million times before but you still get caught by that root sticking up and you fly head first over your handlebars.
Same thing with street riding. You can grab some air or attempt a trick just like you had many times before, but there is still the possibility of screwups.
I guess the anticipation of pain is what get's me high.
Posted
No drugs get me high as well Knight.I don't smoke much though.But other than that standing in a large group can usually get me high.
Guest Fiasco
Posted
Yeah, I mean besides the obvious, drugs get me high.

Putting getting high as a musical stand point. I'd have to say a live concert to one of my favorite bands just makes me want to go crazy.
Guest Randleman
Posted
Well, drugs obviously get anyone high. I was just stating the not so obvious.
Guest Majin Buu
Posted
REALLY COOL MUSIC! AND cool fight scences! They just get my adreline going SOOO much its a aswome feeling! Thats a cool kinda High, Besides doing drugs :P
Posted
I get high when I color with permanent markers. wich i seem to do alot. hehe. Also i can sometimes get high from boredom. If I sit around too long I halucinate. must be one of those mental imbalances things. (or it could be all those sharpies) ;)
Posted
[size=1] I get high off my faith and my baptism, which is happening next week! There's something about worshipping that gives me a real buzz.

That, and listening to Me First and the Gimme Gimmes churning out wicked punk cover tunes of the 60's and broadway songs. [/size]
Posted
I get high from the deviously delicious sensation of my heart thumping in my chest. My excitement makes my body tingle.

The room is electric with intensity. There are screams of passion and bursts of cursing. That's what happens when we're in the room.

I take control and press and press harder and harder, slamming and smashing, pressing into her so much she's screaming...howling.

I batter her faster and faster. She can't escape. The others watch with amazement at my speed and dexterity. My fingers are almost invisible; just a blur of intense motion.

Her breathing quickens, her face reacts in a contortion of pleasure as she gives in to let me come at her with everything in my power.

I send the final thrust of my stick, and a massive push on a sensitive and precious button. Her shriek fills the room as the torturous session of activity ends.

Sweat beads slide down our foreheads in long, slick trails. We catch our breath and part.

Then, I turn to my friends and ask,

"So, who's up for the next round of Smash Bros.?"
Posted
I hate you, Alex. ~_^


Spending time with my family on some days...sitting in my room, the volume on my walkman as high as it can go on others. Depends...I also get high on Pixie Stix. The kids from my youth group call me their "supplier" because I always bring at least 2 bags of Pixie Stix with me to our outings and all nighters and shtuff like that. ^_^
Posted
i used to get high of any mind-affecting substance i could grab; then came OD and rehab (not a story ill go into).
now, i get high of LIFE. meditation works. friends work. in the immortal words of kurt cobain, "love buzz", if you have significant other with which you are in love, nothing is better than just being with them. still do the occasional substance though...in moderation....don't do drugs.
Posted
[color=darkred]Smoking, drugs, alcohol, music (live or not), the company of someone I'm in love with, OtakuBoards.com ^_~, talking to somone I admire, writing, eating a delicious meal. They all get me high, but in very different ways. But yeah, drugs....[/color]
Posted
i think if i'm in a class where the teacher lets us talk and sit together while we work, and i have a lot of friends in that class, i get really really hyper....i haven't used drugs--don't plan to, so i wouldn't know about that...umm, being the band geek that i am, if i do really really well (like being a freshman and making the top band at the high school, unexpectedly) then i get really exstatic! (sp?) anywho..that was my two cents
Posted
When I'm BMX riding.. mostly when I'm in a group, say about 5 or more friends. Really makes my day alot better.

And of course, I can't go riding anywhere, even with mates, without my music.

Cruising down a street, with music playing real loud in your ears, with a group of mates to hang out with, it's all good. Just say it's like 5:30pm, when the sunsets up, that's like the greatest time you can go riding here. Between dark and day, awesome.

Usually when I go riding, it's all day. From 12pm. I'll stay in town all day to about 10pm, if it's with my mates.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...