Jump to content
OtakuBoards

The Brief's Names


Recommended Posts

Guest dayday
Posted
I don't know if this has been done before but has anyone noticed the Briefs. How come they're named after underwear. Trunks and Bra. Who would name their kids that. Plus why would you have the last name Brief? That's a type of underwear.
Posted
[size=1]Yes, people have noticed it before.

It is all part of the humor of the show. I believe most of the Ginyu force were named after dairy products. Vegeta go with [i]vegeta[/i]ble. Kakarot and carrot. Pan is Japanese for bread. I think it is Gohan who is named after rice. Raditz and radish. Piccolo and his spawn in DragonBall were all named after instruments. Namek (or some variation of the word) is Japanese for 'slug'.

That is all I can think of right now aside from your statement about the Brief's family.

It is supposed to be funny. Laugh at it.[/size]
Posted
yes, it was Garlic Jr.'s men.

Salt, mustard, vinegar,and spice.
all the ginyu force had fake accents

Jeice: australian
Zarbon: English

cant' matc the others, but they had fake accents. just cant' match them...
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by vicky[/i]
[B]No, the Ginyu force weren't named after dairy products...I think it was Galic.jr's men that were. Salt, was one of them... [/B][/QUOTE][size=1]What is funny is that salt is not a dairy product.

Burter (or however you spell it) is a play off of 'butter'. Jeice is a play off of cheese. Ginyu I believe it Japanese for 'milk'. Guldo has something to do with yogurt, I think. Rikkum has something to do with cream...

I do not completely remember, but they were something along those lines.[/size]
Posted
[url]http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=19889[/url]

Yep. All you need to know right there.

And lets not forget about [url]http://www.theotaku.com/dragonball/names.shtml[/url]

Your welcome. ^_^
Posted
[size=1]Apparently, you did not even take a look at the links Jin17 put up. If you did, then you would know the answers to your question as well as some others I am sure.

Being that those links answer any questions one might have, I see no real reason as to why this topic should stay open. If for some reason any of you still have a quick question about something, you can PM Jin17 or myself and we shall get back to you as soon as possible.

[b][color=red]Topic Closed:[/b][/color] Question has been answered leaving no room for any real discussion.[/size]
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
×
×
  • Create New...