OtakuBoards

Yanamaria (Finished character, take a peek.)

Sara

[SIZE=1]This is a pic of Yanamaria, one of my plethora of characters.

I actually stuck to this picture (well, relatively so) and finished in in what I think was two days. I'm rather pleased with myself--it took a lot of patience to brave Photoshop; the silly program keeps crashing my computer.

Anyway. Yana's a doll--and a broken one, at that. (Note the gaping hole in the side of her head.) I really like her hairstyle, though; it's a lot of fun to work with. (Incidently, it's the only reason I keep drawing her all over the place...I just love drawing her hair, heh.)

On a slightly different note, the fact that she's a doll means that I don't have to draw detailed hands for her. Heh. ^_~ A nice aspect of the not-quite-human world.

As per always: Questions, comments, criticisms....and no ratings, please. ^_~

[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?postid=424006[/img]

This is the smaller version.[/SIZE]

Very nice Sara, I luv her!

One suggestion, try putting a lighter border (maybe the highlight gray colour in her hair?) around the face where she is broken, I think that may help the missing piece of her face stand out a bit more.

Once again, very nice. ^_^

[size=1]That would probably work. I may do that, actually. I don't know if the colors/shades were just easier to distinguish in photoshop, or if I just saw what I knew was there, heh. Or maybe shrinking it down a size lessened the distinction, who knows?

Chris~ [i]How[/i] long have you been a member here? And [i]how[/i] many times have you seen me ask people not to rate my artwork? :p[/size]

Guest Chris
[color=green][size=1]well, i don't usually like to post ratings, but for some reason i felt obligated to rate this one. heh, i don't know why, but i just had to rate it. who knows?

i think the hole looks fine. i can see it well, but it may just be my flat screen.[/size][/color]

[size=1]Eh, I posted a [url=http://www.otakuboards.com/showthread.php?threadid=24151]thread[/url] about it a while back. I don't see the point in them, and I think it gives people an excuse to avoid posting something I might actually want to read.[/size]

[size=1]... That has to be one of the coolest things I have ever seen... o_O If it were really a doll, I would buy it. I would [i]pet it[/i], and [i]stroke it[/i], and [i]massage it[/i]... Hahaha, you are a naughty doll! Naughty!

Ahem... sorry... Tommy Boy moment there. o_O But seriously, it is just absolutely amazing.

I give it 23,409,584,690,289,034,850,435,849,058,240,956,872,096,845,669,085,409,684,564,506,984,609,835,608,455,440,359,817,450,987,235.00034530034594842349585 / 10.345342

( sorry, ^__^; I could not help myself... I am weak and succumb to the path of [i]fear[/i]! )

Do not bite... [i]hard[/i]... >.>[/size]

[size=1]*laughs delightedly and hugs Piro*

I [i]tried[/i] to PM you to make sure you saw it, but my silly computer froze and wouldn't let me. Oh well.

^_^

Anyway, this is another picture of her. Different style, same chara.[/size]

[IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?postid=425731[/IMG]

Guest Chris
[color=#707875]heh, i prefer the first one better. the style is in a leage of it's own. this one looks more sketchy and less profesional. also, her armpit looks a little funny. nice job overall though. better than i could do.[/color]

[size=1]Heh, well, it [i]is[/i] more sketchy. I haven't played with it in photoshop yet--it's meant to be a sketch, not...a piece of art, I guess.

I do prefer the first picture I posted, but that might be just because I ended up spending a lot of time over in the day or so I was working on it. I really do like the way it turned out, though. ^_^

Here's another picture of her I found in my sketchbook....I'm not sure why the broken part is on the wrong side in this one. Maybe she was looking in a mirror? Who knows. Again, another style...*laughs* She looks...Huh. I don't really know [i]how[/i] to describe what she looks like. The fact that the hole is on the wrong side is bothering me, hmm.[/size]

[IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?postid=425767[/IMG]

[SIZE=1]EDIT: Oh, yeah. And she has jingle bells in her hair. I don't...remember why. o0'[/SIZE]

EEE!! As incredibly disturbingly cute as it is, I just wanna huggle your little doll! And yes, I too like the first picture the best. Maybe because I'm used to seeing that style in your drawings (such as Picobyte)

The sketches are interesting, and I like the little dots on Yanamaria's cheeks in the second one. It almost makes her look like she's crying. Suits her well.

Very good! ^_^

--Sere

[size=1]Heh, problem solved.

[img]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=425866[/img]

I am rather surprised you [i]laughed[/i] (delightedly even) at my first post... I was expecting a slow, painful, and lonely death. >.O

You always like to keep me on my toes, lol...

Great sketches, Sara. ^__^[/size]

[SIZE=1]Hehe. Yeah, she looks [i]so[/i] much better backwards, eh? *laughs again*

Oh well. ^_~

As long as I have this thread, I might as well keep the rest of my pictures within it.

This is just done in pen. And she looks a bit...goofy...Oh, well. [Her shoes are too dark, heh.]

Eh..."Jean." Named after my...er...[i]friend[/i] Jonathan, just...because. I think he has a similar shirt, or something. :whoops: This took all of twenty minutes. o0[/SIZE]

[IMG]http://www.otakuboards.com/attachment.php?postid=425875[/IMG]

[size=1]Oddly enough, I find myself standing in that same position sometimes.

I like it. ^__^ Pen is fun to draw with. You cannot erase it so you just have to go with what you put down (or crumple up the paper and throw it across the room in a fit of angsty artist rage).

Well done.[/size]

Guest Chris
[color=#707875]very nice, as always. his leggs are very long, but it's nice none the less. good job.[/color]

[size=1] I love dolls! I love the picture. [The only slightly disturbing thing is that I have a friend called Yana Marie.] The broken head is just brilliant, although I still like the first Photoshop picture better. ^_^

I like Jean's shirt. And the flick of hair.[/size]