Jump to content
OtakuBoards

What Voice acting do you like?  

18 members have voted

  1. 1. What Voice acting do you like?

    • English Voice actors
      3
    • Japanese Voice actors
      2
    • I like them both
      13


Recommended Posts

Posted
I'v been watching the .hack//sign episodes lately in Japanese and English. I'v noticed on other boards that a lot of people like the Japanese voices more, but some do like the English better.
So, who do you think did a better job at Voice acting and why?
Posted
Well that is a hard one..

I think that the American versoin of .hack//SIGN has the best voice actors for an anime...

But at the same time, the Japanese voices really fit the characters perfectly as well....

But Mimiru sounds really squeaky (squeakier than American) in Japanese...

I'd say American... ^_^ *waves an American flag*
Posted
i like them both even Mimiru voice but if i have to choose it would be english becouse i under stand it better then Japanese.
Posted
I liked both equally, since both fit just as well as the other. However, even though both voice actors fit, Crim is so different between Japanese and English. Still, it's not like it's badly done.
Posted
I think that both did good jobs when acting out the characters. Except Tsukasa in Japanese was a bit odd in episode 1-5, but then it seemed fine.
Lol, Crim does sound funny, it makes me chuckle.
Posted
I like both versions pretty much equally. However, for some reason, Sora and Krim's Japanese voices just seem to fit them better. A few of the characters sound almost exactly the same in both versions (Bear, the shopkeeper NPC in episode 1).

Does the fact that Rie Tanaka (Chii's Japanese voice actress) voices Morgana creep anyone else out?
Posted
::finished drooling over new .hack DVD that contained [I]Castle[/I] episode:: I know this comment sounds pretty pointless, but I think Tsukasa's Japanese voice actor did a better scream for Tsukasa's "death": it was more emotionally appealing, plus it a really awesome echo effect! :D
Posted
Japan_86 wrote:

[quote]
Does the fact that Rie Tanaka (Chii's Japanese voice actress) voices Morgana creep anyone else out?
[/quote]

When you say Chii... Do you mean Chii from Chobits?..

But Morganna.. Both languages.. Is pretty creepy...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest 9Eagle7Dragon
Posted
Vash's problem is he, like me, watched trigun, which forever scarred his view of Japanese voice acting. If anyone has ever heared Meryll when she's mad... OMG... @_o

Both have thier aspects, but having only watched a little bit of a friends DVD, I think the American sounds better.

*rings down Jolly Roger off of flag pole... Puts up Old Glory*
yaaaaay american voice actors!
Posted
both are fine to me . i dont know the voice actor's name but is he the guy who speaks for crim in english the same dude who talks for sano in rurouni kenshin. they sound alike
Posted
Lex Lang, ^_^ Yep, He does Sono and he does someone from Lupin 3rd. Also known as Walter Lang, Alex Lang, Lexis Lang. ^_^ I used to have a lot of time on my hands.

I listened to the first DVD in Japanese again and I think the gruntys sound better. XD Expesially the one that Tsukasa makes an adult, in english it sounded like a moron O_o

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...