Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Hey, I watched .hack//liminality and saw what I think is the answers. The Computor that they play on has VR googles, what looks like a webcam on top of the screen, a speaker on each side of the screen, and what looks like a Playstation controller to control the charicter. I think actions, like crying or Crim taking his shirt off, are caused in response to actions that one playing the game does. ex. Crim offline is sweating or something like it is simulated by crim in the world taking his shirt off. see what I meen?
Posted
Hm.. Tsukasa_hack, good deduction.

I was on a site talking about .hack//AI BUSTER and apparently the book says that one way that people play The World is they speak into a mic (Oh the visor) and the computer translates the words into text, unless the people talking are all using the voice chat option. Despite the many similar words in Japanese, the language is translated into text with a 95% accuracy rate.
Posted
*twitches* Crim with his shirt off.....*grins*
Sorry about that. So, what your saying, Tsukasa_Hack, is that what they do to the character can sometimes effect them in real life? Like crying or sweating? That sounds cool. ^_^ looks like my idea on speeking into something was right.
Posted
i think speakin into the mic makes sense. i think that the visors manipulates the brain waves or taps into the brain and transfers the messages into the game. that might explain the people going into comas. something probabaly goes wrong like a glitch in the game and messes up your brain in some way.

P.S. does this sound stupid
Posted
Actually, I think that would explain the people going to comas or being knocked unconsious. Good idea Ace... hm... I'll have to think on this....
Posted
Ace's theory isn't far off I think. I've actually thought about this some in the start of .hack//SIGN and have come up with similar ones such as that. It's funny though because the other day I was reading something along the lines of that (off topic e.e) about a cripple man having something implanted into his brain so that he can move his wheelchair around without having to use his hands, not quite as similar to Ace's theory but it seems that reality is starting to come along the line of creating the technology almost effective as the VR visors in DotHack.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...