Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[img]http://images.deviantart.com/large/indyart/anime/-_Dragon_Slay_-.jpg[/img]
I should draw more fanart lol. This is Lina Inverse from my fave manga, Slayers. I just love her costume and the manga as a whole cus it's so hilarious and cool.

I am not that good at drawing effects like light or wind or something, but I tried o_o it looks like sheets of paper jetting around XD;;... Her body is off o_o. I liked the pose, but the fact that I have to draw it from in front annoys me. I can't draw ppl from the front cus the face will be unbalanced, like this one, although I can't see how unbalanced it is without flipping it around.

As you can see, this is pencil shading. I like it when i can do details, but i hate it when i have to shade a huge area that has no texture, like her cloak =_=

The Chinese writing is the spell for Dragon Slave(slay?), since it's the only language I know it in. I would have typed it in if i can type chinese on my comp, since my writing is so ugly. Here's the translation, read vertically and from left to right:

Darker than the evening gloom,
Redder than the shedding blood,
With your great name hidden in time, (3rd and 4th line)
I swear in this darkness,
All fools who stand in our way
will meet their doom,
Combine our power,
Let the curse come to life!


... or something like that.

Lina Inverse © Shoko Yoshinaka
Guest Chris
Posted
[color=#707875][b]wow, very impressive. i must say that you might possibly be one of the best artist on otaku. if only you weren't a newbie. heh. you need to post more. then i'd gladly give you a spot on the oae, if you're interested.

you're right, the effects don't look that great, but the person herself look astounding. as i said before, very impressive.

now, before i asked you if you cell-shaded, well do you have a lot of time on your hands and would you be willing to help be out on a project i'm doing for my church? if so, pm me and we'll have a talk. if not, i'll just find some one else. there are plenty of good ccgers on otaku.[/b][/color]
Posted
*clap* you've done it again, almost perfect in every aspect. 10/10
By the way, i'd really like to chat over aim and stuff, your stuffs really amazing.
Posted
yeah, I did it from scratch XD;;... I think I am gonna leave it black and white, since there is nothing so great about it that i should make another copy >_>;;;

and.. i don't know what to post about, cus I don't really know how to comment without making a spam on a picture, and I don't know anything about games or anime cus I haven't been watching tv since december... u_u
Guest Chris
Posted
[color=#707875][b]do what i do and just bs your way through it. heh, if you notice i fluff up my posts with repetitive nonsence and always use 'heh' and 'nice job'. it's quite easy really.[/b][/color]
Posted
[size=1] O_O Nicex1000 times! I love this picture! I agree with Chris, I think you're the best artist around here. ^_^ I really admire how you shaded the whole thing, I don't know HOW you do it. Anyways, very very very good. ::is currently in awe:: I wish I could write Chinese. Korean is ugly. >_< Woooooow.....O_o;; what kind of pencil did you use?


Well, good job. Sometimes, I get the feeling that shaded black and white pics aren't appreciated as much. ::gets angry::[/size]
Posted
[size=1] Clicky pencils, huh? ::looks around:: YOU ARE NOW MY ULTIMATE ARTIST-PERSON ROLE MODEL! That's very impressive, doing it with the clicky-pencils thing. Very good job. ::is still in awe:: [/size]
Guest Chris
Posted
[color=#707875][b]i thought i was your ultimate art role model? i use clicky pencils too! heh. but yeah, you are really good. i might be able to make an exeption to the rule, but i'd have to get at'east ten members to agree on it with me. heh, would you like the spot?[/b][/color]
Posted
I am a fan of slayers and I say that is a very good picture of Lina Inverse.You have done very well on the shading to!Oh I wish I could draw like that,I give you a 10/10!^^You are now my role model to drawing manga/anime!
Posted
[color=red][font=times new roman]Jeezum...That is excellent work Mystikal...It would be nice if you did one of your excellent CGing jobs on it but its still a fine piece of work in and of itself...

Ill def. look forward to you posting some more pics... :D [/color][/font]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...