Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Today I opened the door to an 11 year old arab child with chocolates in his hand. He said "would you like to buy some chocolates." I said "sure, for what charity?" and he goes "umm some school." So I proceed to ask him what school and he goes on to tell me that it is for his school's hiking and camping trips..somewhat flustered I asked again what school and he just looked at the ground. I looked past the child to notice his father in a fully loaded for windstar minivan, and another arab child walking the beat on the other side of the street, then I proceeded to slam the door in his face, mainly cause of the fact the child lied.

I guess I am scratching my head wondering if this is at all illegal or unlawful...hell if they can do this can't anyone just walk around selling stuff door to door? This was strange to me.
Guest Messenger
Posted
It's not illegal.
Have you not lied before?
Posted
[size=1] Collecting money for a faze organization is definately illegal...right? I mean, you can't just go around claiming to give money for some fake charity.[/size]
Guest Messenger
Posted
the kid's the victim, probably would get beaten up of didn't do wha the dad said. u have no proof, besides, they like run off right after they get the money.
Posted
[size=1] Yeah, I believe these kids are forced into doing it...::shudders:: I think they even go as far into abusing them. And Messenger, how is he supposed to give us proof? lol...[/size]
Posted
He was probably too embarassed, maybe because you probably didn't know it but you were probably rude. I mean I've sold stuff to people before for school stuff and sometimes some people just come off rude and they don't intend to so I just ignore them, and really you shouldn't have slammed the door in a child's face and don't you think you were being a little recist about the child too? I mean since he's arab, I mean just the title of this thread sounded racist.
Posted
[size=1] Um....not to sound mean or anything, but two boys and a man following them around in a fully loaded minivan seems a bit suspicious...

But you have a very good point Domon. A lot of small children are nervous when they do these things, and if you talk to them in a harsh tone, they just might get a little too nervous.[/size]
Posted
His father is probably the one behinde it all, child labor laws...hello? The kids were selling candies and out of fear lied about the school fundraiser. That's really too bad for the kids.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Domon [/i]
[B]He was probably too embarassed, maybe because you probably didn't know it but you were probably rude. I mean I've sold stuff to people before for school stuff and sometimes some people just come off rude and they don't intend to so I just ignore them, and really you shouldn't have slammed the door in a child's face and don't you think you were being a little recist about the child too? I mean since he's arab, I mean just the title of this thread sounded racist. [/B][/QUOTE]
I've done fundraisers too, and I'm not too afraid to say what school it's for (note it is the middle of the summer also). I wasn't being racist at all either, if I was being racist I wouldn't even begin to show interest in buying any.
Posted
Well ever hear of year round school Harry? Some school districts do that, or it might have been for a private school, I was just stating that your title of the thread was a little racist sounding and also continually calling the child arab, I mean who honestly gives a crap what race the kid is? That's what I meant by being racist.
Guest Randleman
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Harry [/i]
[B]Today I opened the door to an 11 year old arab child with chocolates in his hand. He said "would you like to buy some chocolates." I said "sure, for what charity?" and he goes "umm some school." So I proceed to ask him what school and he goes on to tell me that it is for his school's hiking and camping trips..somewhat flustered I asked again what school and he just looked at the ground. I looked past the child to notice his father in a fully loaded for windstar minivan, and another arab child walking the beat on the other side of the street, then I proceeded to slam the door in his face, mainly cause of the fact the child lied.

I guess I am scratching my head wondering if this is at all illegal or unlawful...hell if they can do this can't anyone just walk around selling stuff door to door? This was strange to me. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=crimson]Ok Harry, either you are "Dubber" from the SA forums, or you stole this from him. Considering he posted it there first, and this is an exact copy (formatting and all, he even had those 2 dots after "trips", where most people would put 3) of what he posted. Stealing is wrong, and you shouldn't do it. But if you are "Dubber", I'm glad to see a fellow Goon at another board.

edit; but if you are a Goon, I just want to convey here what I said in SA:

the little arab lied, so he is obviously a terrorist. You [i]almost[/i] funded terrorism. But you made the right choice by slamming the door.

edit2; when I first read this thread on SA, I thought it was about a guy trying to sell lying arab children. How sorely mistaken I was.[/color]
Posted
[COLOR=darkblue][i]Randalman I honestly hope you are being sarcastic seeing as how that post was just rude and uncalled for, not all arabs are terrorists, just the fanatics. That's like saying that people of Islam are all terrorists, I have two turkish friends and they are Islamic and they aren't terrorists. So really I think your post was totally spurred on the moment of racism.[/i][/COLOR]
Guest Randleman
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Domon [/i]
[B][COLOR=darkblue][i]Randalman I honestly hope you are being sarcastic seeing as how that post was just rude and uncalled for, not all arabs are terrorists, just the fanatics. That's like saying that people of Islam are all terrorists, I have two turkish friends and they are Islamic and they aren't terrorists. So really I think your post was totally spurred on the moment of racism.[/i][/COLOR] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=crimson]You need to get your head out of your *** so you can see jokes when they are doing the two-step right infront of you. Jesus Christ. :rolleyes: [/color]
Posted
He's selling candy. There's nothing wrong with that. However the cause might have been wrongly stated, he was still selling something and not "taking donations"

So to answer your question, no it was no illegal at all.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...