Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
My first haiku on OB. I will hope everyone will try haiku. It?s Japanese, and this is a generally Japanese fanatical anime board :).

The rules: Three lines/stanza. First line 5 syllables, Second line 7 syllables, Third line 5 syllables. As many stanza as you may wish. I think this can possibly be a fun thread! :)

[size=1][color=firebrick][center][i]Within a fire it
Ceases to shelter water
Because it is sweet

About a stinging
Pain that is feared, to touch me
And smart all within[/i][/color][/center][/size]
  • Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
[center][i][size=1][color=firebrick]In genes, lies nothing,
Literally, you're quite good eh?
At writing Haiku.[/color][/size][/i][/center]

[center][i]Wednesday, July 30[size=1][color=firebrick]

A mosquito, Yedo?s
Most flagrant of nuisance. A
Must-kill insect, aye.[/color][/size][/i][/center]
Posted
[color=green][i][size=1][center]To depressed to think,
Mind racing, tears billowing
Down a façade, fast.

Trembling inside, With
Hidden fear, hiding worries.
Mind ablaze from flaws.

Sullen, saddened. Tears
Of joy, only a trance
Suspended in me.
[/color][/size][/center][/i]
Posted
fire is ablaze
living always inside me
unseen in my heart

hatred welling up
under my skin, inside me
ready to explode

im bad at haikus
im sure that you can see that
poetry is hard...
Posted
[color=firebrick][i][center][size=1]Here, alongside me
You stand. Beside me, free of
All pain and anguish.[/center][/size][/i][/color]
Posted
[color=blue]Dustin is my man,
I want to kiss him so bad,
He's mine and I'm glad.

The above was written by a non member of Ob, Stephanie Gauthreaux.
Steph: Wow, my poem is so bad. lol[/color]
Posted
[i][size=1][color=firebrick][center]I?ll stand by you, I?ll
Be with you, evermore and
?til death, together.[/color][/center][/i][/size]
Posted
[i][center][color=firebrick][size=1]To prepare them for
the game of life and the one
meaning. Full demise.[/color][/size][/i][/center]
Posted
[COLOR=blue]Unsubstancial Water
it cannot be grasped
Be like water.[/COLOR]

I think thats how you do it.
Yeah, a shortened form of my signature.
Posted
[color=firebrick][i][center][size=1]Florid, ornate... hai,
Felled leaves, both colorful and
Dull. Sakura... hai.[/color][/center][/size][/i]

...About fall.

[color=firebrick][i][center]August 02, 2003[size=1]

A fool, a child I
Am. Weak from humanity.
From weakness I dwell.[/color][/center][/size][/i]
Posted
Thou shalt not suck-eht
It is cool not to suck-eth
Thou should be cool-eth
Dang, had it all worked out and it was 4-6-4! Added -eth, made it all bible-ish.
Posted
[color=indigo][center][I]Drifting away from,
The pain i used to know well,
Most the pain is gone.[/I][/center]

Feels good to let it out with a poem.[/color]
Posted
[i][color=blue][size=1][center]Fallen, driven, down
into the gully of life.
Into the abyss

I fall, drove, upon
the mountain of eternal.
Atop the cliff.

For thou art kind and
to me, all knowing. Alas,
be it true to mark.

Giveth me thy aim,
and I shal anchor myself
to thee. Forever.[/i][/center][/size][/color]

..That felt good... You know? To get it all out.
Posted
[center][i][size=1][color=red]A call. Paid for by
a nation. A company
wrought from the bottom.[/color][/size][/i][/center]
Kinda an odd one..its about a phone card lol.
Posted
[color=deeppink][I]Lovers in shuch bliss,
I hope lifes always this wonderful,
I love my darling.[/i]

[quote]..That felt good... You know? To get it all out.[/quote][/color]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...