OtakuBoards

Lets go to Japan

Seifer

Im about getting sick of this country and im about ready to go to japan.

Ive been reading and researching some stuff on japan. And its wierd how they have such free and open markets and lives. They allow nudity, cussing ,and other things on tv. Prostitution is legal. Yet they still live in a civilized world with one of the lowest crime rates in the world. But here we are with most of this banned and everything and we cant even walked down the street without the fear of being mugged.

I think it all goes back to Parenting. America is growing lazy, we wont the goverment to do everything for us. Also we bann so much stuff that just about anything a person does can be a crime, then you get more crime, and its al just ridiculous. Im gonna join the navy and get assigned to japan or something.

Exactly, when all the school shootings happend. It was automaticlly, he shot those kids cause he watched a movie that had a guy shoooting someone. They did not say, he shot people cause his parents SUCKED! and didnt give a d@mn about there kid.

If it was true that games, music, movies ect, cause people to do this I would have done killed thousands of poeple cause every day i listen to music that has cussing, watch violent movies, and play violents games.

I have not even killed a deer in my life. I have shot one bird and thats it. And he died cause he liked to shurp beside my window at 5 am.

Well..... yes all those are true but japanese don't like foriegners all that much... as long as you have money they love ya, but if you bother them, they'll get on your back....

Other than that, yeah alot of stuff they do allow but they have alot of restrictions.... so yeah.... but it's sometimes better than this country and it's "censorship" problems...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Seifer [/i]
[B]But here we are with most of this banned and everything and we cant even walked down the street without the fear of being mugged.[/B][/QUOTE][SIZE=1]Lol, I learned today that if you get mugged by a guy, to get him off you, you grab his testicles and squeeze them like they were grapes! My freind learned that in ROTC and then he told be, I thoguht it was hilarious. But anywho, moving from america to japan would be a rather big move. I wouldnt do it just spontaneously..[/SIZE]

heh, I've been thinking of moving to japan for a long time now, and like I said before, in a few years, expect me, my fiance', and my son/daughter to be, to be living there....

parenting has got a lot to do with the way their kids grow up, sometimes though that is not the case, I loved my mother and she loved me, me got along just fine, but my father on the other hand, we'll lets not go into that, anyway, since I was 17, after my mom died, I've pretty much been taking care of myself....

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Seifer [/i]
[B]Im about getting sick of this country and im about ready to go to japan.

Ive been reading and researching some stuff on japan. And its wierd how they have such free and open markets and lives. They allow nudity, cussing ,and other things on tv. Prostitution is legal. Yet they still live in a civilized world with one of the lowest crime rates in the world. But here we are with most of this banned and everything and we cant even walked down the street without the fear of being mugged.

I think it all goes back to Parenting. America is growing lazy, we wont the goverment to do everything for us. Also we bann so much stuff that just about anything a person does can be a crime, then you get more crime, and its al just ridiculous. Im gonna join the navy and get assigned to japan or something. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=darkblue]The funny thing is, overzealous censorship actually [i]encourages[/i] civil disobedience and criminal activity.

So in actuality, the US government is shooting itself in the foot with these kinds of laws.[/color]

Hey you guys stop bad mouthing my country.

First of all, America is not lazy. People in general can be lazy. America is the most powerful country in the world because it is based on the Puritan Ethic. What is the Puritan Ethic you say? Why, it's the way the Puritans lived. We inherited the values of hard work, education, and frugality from them.

As for education, students from all over the world come to study in America because it has the best opportunities higher education(college, technical school,etc.) Japan might be a technological wonder, and there's nothing wrong with the country, but I'm afraid that it'll never stack up to the United States(at the very least in military power). Think about it: the U.S is still a young country and it's more powerful than any other land out there.

And let me get this straight; you actually want to move to Japan because prostitution is legal and they show a couple of boobies on t.v? Well, with all that stuff like prostitiution being legal, their crime rate has to be lower, because there's no laws to break. And if you want to hear cussing and see those titties, you have about twelve HBO channels to pick from and a dozen Showtime or Cinemax channels filled with your idea of entertainment.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Crazy White Boy [/i]
[B]As for education, students from all over the world come to study in America because it has the best opportunities higher education(college, technical school,etc.) Japan might be a technological wonder, and there's nothing wrong with the country, but I'm afraid that it'll never stack up to the United States(at the very least in military power). Think about it: the U.S is still a young country and it's more powerful than any other land out there.

And let me get this straight; you actually want to move to Japan because prostitution is legal and they show a couple of boobies on t.v? Well, with all that stuff like prostitiution being legal, their crime rate has to be lower, because there's no laws to break. And if you want to hear cussing and see those titties, you have about twelve HBO channels to pick from and a dozen Showtime or Cinemax channels filled with your idea of entertainment. [/B][/QUOTE]

You've obviously never studied Japanese laws, culture, life, or History....

There's laws in Japan.... oh yes... many many laws... people don't break them cause breaking the law is stupid... and Japanese aren't very stupid... they know better, unlike here.... but there are alot of crimes that go on in Japan, it's just so overpopulated not everyone gets reported... kinda like in New York City....

There's better education in Japan than there is here.... you just gotta pay more...

Japan DID have a stronger military force than the US.... ofcourse we used the A-Bomb and that kinda scared the crap out of the Japanese... and now WE, as Americans, regulate the Japanese military... they don't have very much of one cause we don't let them.... and we basically back them up, as they back us up.... from enemies to friends... and they are one of the best friends America has ever had.... but be assured, if we didn't make that A-Bomb and use it, we'd all be Japanese right now... guranteed.... or Nazi's.... depending on whether Japan and Germany could coexist together, which I'm sure they couldn't so yeah....

Japanese are smarter than the US... they don't go to school 6 days a week and for 9 or so hours a day to look funny... Imagine where the US would be without Japanese technology.... no computers this good, no good cameras, TV's, VCRs, cars, music.... all this stuff was made better or invented by the Japanese... we'd be stuck back in 1990 if it weren't for them....

And hey, they can bad mouth the US all they want.... I suppose you don't know about the first admendment of the consitution either..... as long as they are over 18 they can.... i do it all the time, and there's not a d@mn thing you can do about it... a true American would respect the freedom's given to everyone in the constitution... whether you like what we say or not....

Actually Transic Nerve, that statement you made about Japan's computers and technology isn't true. Although you would think their comps and stuff are better, they actually really aren't. The best computers are made in America, believe it or not. Japan just makes better video games and animation; but technologically we are more advanced than them. Trust me, I'm studying this type thing in World History right now in school, I know. But don't get me wrong, living in Japan would be a dream. If only I knew how to speak Japanese.......

It's funny, I knew that you were going to bring up freedom of speech. No, I didn't study Japanese culture either, I cannot tell a lie. Anyway though, I didn't say they couldn't bad mouth U.S.A, I just said to stop. Anyway, though I did look up educational studies before I posted that, and there wasn't much of a difference between the two nations statistically. As a matter of fact, I read that women have a better chance for education here. Furthermore, I find the hinderance of censorship, illegal prostitution, and so-called lack of naughty t.v. a humorous reason to ditch one's nationality. But heck, that's just my opinion, and since I'm American...it counts. I have to agree with you on technology, and I did give Japan it's credit in that area. As for dropping bombs, that's irrevelant now. Literally any impoverished land can and does buy nuclear weapons. If say, Turkey wanted to do some major damage to the U.S or Japan they could do so.

maybe i said somethign wrong. I did not mean i wanted to go there because of prostitution or boobies on tv. I was using that as an example as to the stuff they allow yet they dont have many problems at all.

As to your statement about ther ebeing no laws to break im not saying that either.

Can someone tell me one time where a japanese kid brougth a gun to scvhool and shot a bunch of kids?

Can someone tell me the last time, a store owner was beat to death by kids with baseball bats cause they didnt like him?

Can you tell em the last time a Homsexual was killed because he was gay?

These are all roblems we face and need to be fixed. You hardly ever hear about these probs in japan. Yes they have probs, everyone does. Its part of life. Evil is and always will be part of life. But they parent, and protect their country.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Nothing674 [/i]
[B]Actually Transic Nerve, that statement you made about Japan's computers and technology isn't true. Although you would think their comps and stuff are better, they actually really aren't. The best computers are made in America, believe it or not. Japan just makes better video games and animation; but technologically we are more advanced than them. Trust me, I'm studying this type thing in World History right now in school, I know. But don't get me wrong, living in Japan would be a dream. If only I knew how to speak Japanese....... [/B][/QUOTE]

The best computers may be made in the US today, but guess where we got the technology ideas to make them better? Sure Bill gates made the most used OS on the planet, but the Japanese made faster computers, bigger monitors, and everything else... well not everything else... we get the technology here and we use it too... then we make the compters with their new found technology and sell millions... Japan is farther ahead of the US in tehcnological development... just not that far....

Japanese intelligence is better rated than American intelligence... you may have a "better opportunity" in America (which includes costs and all that junk) but you'll learn more in Japan...

There are lots of things that go on in Japan that America never hears about... last year i think I guy walked into a school and shot a buncha people... i think... i'm not to sure on that...

Anyway, Japan and America are not better than one another, each has it's pro's and each has it's con's... you like Japan, ok, you like America, ok.... each is just as good as the other...

[B]It's funny, I knew that you were going to bring up freedom of speech. No, I didn't study Japanese culture either, I cannot tell a lie. Anyway though, I didn't say they couldn't bad mouth U.S.A, I just said to stop. Anyway, though I did look up educational studies before I posted that, and there wasn't much of a difference between the two nations statistically. As a matter of fact, I read that women have a better chance for education here. Furthermore, I find the hinderance of censorship, illegal prostitution, and so-called lack of naughty t.v. a humorous reason to ditch one's nationality. But heck, that's just my opinion, and since I'm American...it counts. I have to agree with you on technology, and I did give Japan it's credit in that area. As for dropping bombs, that's irrevelant now. Literally any impoverished land can and does buy nuclear weapons. If say, Turkey wanted to do some major damage to the U.S or Japan they could do so. [/B][/QUOTE]

thank god a true american like you is supporting our country. american has been struck and the last thing i wanna here is how bad we are...

[EnD]

Hey all I have to say is that, no matter how many bad things go on here, I'll still stick up for America simply because it's my home. Along the lines of what Transtic said, bad things happen everywhere, but it's important to look at the good. To me pride is important. Without pride, you're a shell of a human being. I don't care if you're from the poorest country in the world, you should die to defend it because it's that's your poor country and noone else should be able to take that away from you.

Now that's the new moral of this lesson and unless somone can add something valuable to that this is truly

The End.

[B]Hey all I have to say is that, no matter how many bad things go on here, I'll still stick up for America simply because it's my home. Along the lines of what Transtic said, bad things happen everywhere, but it's important to look at the good. To me pride is important. Without pride, you're a shell of a human being. I don't care if you're from the poorest country in the world, you should die to defend it because it's that's your poor country and noone else should be able to take that away from you.

Now that's the new moral of this lesson and unless somone can add something valuable to that this is truly

The End. [/B][/QUOTE]

*applauds* http://mysmilies.com/salute.gif
now thats what being a real americans all about. not about abusing our countrys privaleges or taking advantage but basically what cwb said. sticking up for the country and helping each other out.

*shakes her head* my gosh. First of all, America is MY home too. But I don't think it's fair for people to go around and judge other countries like that. I think every country is great in it's own way. I often dream about visiting Japan, but I have no intention of living anywhere besides good old USA. But it's not because I'm judging other countries and I favor USA. It's because it's my home and I grew up in America. I may dream about visiting Japan, but my real dream is that one day, everyone will be able to speak the same language. I wish that one day, every country will be able to shine it's own colors, but also that the wars will stop and that people won't hate other races. How did other Americans feel when they saw those children laughing and throwing candy across the oceans? I hope you felt the way I did. And that's going on every day. I want it to stop, not just for Americans, but for every other person. Not race, but person. I know that its impossible, but it'd be nice for this to be even just a little close to my dream.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by CottemonRuki [/i]
[B] How did other Americans feel when they saw those children laughing and throwing candy across the oceans? I hope you felt the way I did. [/B][/QUOTE]

How do you think all The Innocent German people felt when we bombed them during WWII and were cheering and laughing? How do you think the Japanese felt when we IRRADICATED Hiroshima and Nagasaki and killed MANY more innocent people and we sat here and cheered and laughed at them?... How do you think the Iraqs felt when we bombed Bahgdad and killed many innocent people and we sat here and cheered and felt good?.....

Before you even THINK about making that comment, you have to look from ALL perspectives.... We've done much worse and you make it out that they were the bad guys.... We have been, and aren't any better.... They called the WTC stuff and act of war... was not the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki and act of war?... and we killed MILLIONS not just a few thousand... and we cheered... We were terrorist too, does that make us any better?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Transtic Nerve [/i]
[B]We were terrorist too, does that make us any better? [/B][/QUOTE]In a word...no.

I think I understand what you're saying, and if I do, then I agree with it...but after a rotten week--gah, it's only wednesday!--at school, I guess I have to stop assuming that I understand what people mean...