OtakuBoards

Friends

Guest dayday

I feel your pain Metatron. My dad is in the military so we move every 2-3 years. I'm 13. I've moved 8 times in my life. I've been to germany and about 5 different states, so i have to learn to make freinds easily. In my last post, thoughs were freinds from were i live currently.:D

*hits dayday*

Yes, I'm late. ^^; Anyways judging from dayday that'd make me have to loud mouth friends. Most of my friends are loyal, and would take serects to their grave. And we usually beat the crap out of each other, but beat each other up for fun. My online friends are usually loyal, polite, smart, funny, or have major issue problems that most keep inside aka physos. So yes, my friends very loyal....except for one online firend who isn't so loyal as I'd like. *glarces at dayday*

Guest dayday
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Ruby [/i]
[B]*hits dayday*

Yes, I'm late. ^^; Anyways judging from dayday that'd make me have to loud mouth friends. Most of my friends are loyal, and would take serects to their grave. And we usually beat the crap out of each other, but beat each other up for fun. My online friends are usually loyal, polite, smart, funny, or have major issue problems that most keep inside aka physos. So yes, my friends very loyal....except for one online firend who isn't so loyal as I'd like. *glarces at dayday* [/B][/QUOTE]

Would you relax sometimes, geez. I didn't even say that much. And I think you put the physco up for me too. I keep most of everything in. And I am a loyal friend. I just have some things that I let out sometimes. You just know the light side of me. I haven't said anything yet that's serious. So you didn't have to hit me. :p

Guest Taylor Hewitt
Am I one of your phyco friends? I mean I hardly have problems but anyways that's off topic *hits self*.

If I have any friends in real life it would have to be my friend Mark. So he's short. Nerdy. And wears glasses. He is my best friend. He wasn't very popular in middle school and even though I was very popular I stood up for him

So Taylor, correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't you say something like you only have one or two friends in real life? Well if you're sticking up for your nerdy best friend (which is wonderful!) How can you be popular and only have one or two friends?

I would have used quotes but I'm incredibly lazy.

Guest Taylor Hewitt
I'm a funny man see. I make people laugh. Some people don't like me though. Not as many as DO like me ;). But by popular means I guess everyone is my friend. But not a friend where you see them out of school.

Um...dayday and TH. I wasn't really talking about you two. The key is watch out for the quite ones of my friends. TH your not a physo nor a nut case. You too dayday, you two considered to some of my friends would be sane. Most of my friends are usually beat each other up. Those are the one's I was taking about for being crazy and physo.

Guest dayday
Then why'd you put

"So yes, my friends very loyal....except for one online firend who isn't so loyal as I'd like. *glarces at dayday*"

That kind of means you're referring to me.

As you saying secrets, when I had said physo, crazy, watch out for the quite ones. I was referring to the my firends off line that tend to try and get ride of each other. I was referring to you as one of my friends who can't keep things kept away from people.

Guest Taylor Hewitt
Ok you girls break it up ^^.
Ruby you have helped me with some issues and I thank you, you are a real friend.

And dayday... I don't know what to say. You have changed me in more than one way. It's unbelievable.

Guest dayday
I can keep things from people but you never told me not to. And I still don't think you should kill yourself so early in life. Then no one would be able to stop your friends from killing each other. As soon as they saw each other at the funeral guns would flying. ^_^;;

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ReTarr [/i]
[B]Sounds like you're easily changed Taylor. [/B][/QUOTE]

:laugh:

I found this incredibly amusing.

I have all sorts of friends. Different in any aspects imaginable. Of course, this makes some better for certain things than others. Some I could really talk to deeply, some I can't. Some are spontaneous and fun, some are quiet and never want to do anything. You never know really.

Makes it more interesting at least.

I have tons of friends in the "real world" (it's not really the real world, I dont' know what else to call it), but here at the OB I only have one friend and I only started talking to him like two days ago. I'm not very good at making friends online.

Guest dayday
Oh, I have to say my friends. Well I don't really have friend,s just about 500 aquaintances. Everyone knows me and we talk sometimes but we're not friends. Some people talk to me like I'm trying to be funny. I don't try, it's a talent of the Ashton's. And she laughs at everything I do and say too. I had one friend we fell apart. I had another friend I dumped her, she was too snobby. I had another friend she moved away and everyone thought we were gay. O_o;; I don't see where they got that. We were just close friends. So I have two people following me around all day saying I'm their friend and fighting over it. Then another one who's funny and she calls me here friend but she plays around a lot. Most of my friends are online. They either think I'm a slut or crazy. I ask questions that are not normal. And I have two who talk to me like they want to do something. ^_^;;; And one I laugh at everytime I ask her I question cause she'll ever freak out or try to skip to the next one.

my friends are all weird but I'm still the wierdest. heh. Two of them are quiet and very intelligent.they has great jokes and smile most of the time. Another one of them is loud and intelligent a little immature but she did get boosted up a couple grades so whatever. Another one is loud and not so bright. She is soooo funny though. You go girl! And my last closest friend is kinda inbetween. she's not dumb but not really smart. she's pretty funny too. she's my zelda buddy. me. I'm loud when I'm with my friends. I talk way to much. I'm pretty dang smart. and I laugh all the time (well when I'm w/my closest friends and family). I'm extremely hyper around friends but very quiet and filled with thoughts alone. oh wait. I wasn't supposed to describe myself. oops. i know this wasn't the main thing but i don't go to yaoi sites. i personally don't like them.

Guest Natedogg
i think i have 4 real friends total in real life, but on the internet i can be who i really am since looks aren't important, i think people at school think i'm so kinda of freak or something...oh well screw em, anyways i don't have much of a problem at all finding friends on the internet...

Problem with online friends is the fact that you can never really be sure if you are talking to a person that your "friend" makes themselves out to be. I guess that can be resolved here in the forums since theres a pictures forum and everything, but I still tend to be a bit guarded against people I meet online. I try to stay casual with them before I can figure out if they are actually what they say they are. But most people I met so far seem to be nice.

A thread with dayday and Taylor...do I dare mention the name? -shifty eye glance...grinning- Chill you two, I'm kidding around. ~_^

Anyway, yes. PoisonTongue is my best friend. I've known him since my Frosh year of HS...which I know isn't exactly that long, but time is not an issue. He has become the only person on this earth who I feel totally comfortable in front of, no matter what my mood is. It's rather hard to explain how well we get along...I'm not gonna try, but yes. He's my best friend.

My other friends are good ones. I've known them since gradeschool. They are loyal, they help me support my dreams while I help them with theirs, they have opinions different from mine own about almost everything, they enjoy going to the mall and video games and hanging out and driving to no where and back. They are quiet and loud, they argue with me, they laugh with me, they keep me insane. ^_^

I am very lucky. I have very good friends.

[quote]Problem with online friends is the fact that you can never really be sure if you are talking to a person that your "friend" makes themselves out to be. I guess that can be resolved here in the forums since theres a pictures forum and everything, but I still tend to be a bit guarded against people I meet online. I try to stay casual with them before I can figure out if they are actually what they say they are. But most people I met so far seem to be nice.[/quote] That sounds a lot like me. I never get "personal" online unless I'm talking to someone I know in real life. I don't change my personality, but if someone asks for a real name or a phone number, I don't comply unless it's someone I know. In other words, I try to be myself as much as possible, without actually being myself. :D

I wonder how other members treat online and offline friends. Is your behavior different online than offline? [quote]My other friends are good ones. I've known them since gradeschool. They are loyal, they help me support my dreams while I help them with theirs, they have opinions different from mine own about almost everything, they enjoy going to the mall and video games and hanging out and driving to no where and back. They are quiet and loud, they argue with me, they laugh with me, they keep me insane. ^_^[/quote] Yeah, I used to have a childhood friend. Then he moved, which was too far for him or me to walk, and we would have to get parental transportation. Unfortunately, that was limited, so we met very rarely. He moved again, and I lost track of him until HS, where the first words I heard from him (talking to someone else) was, "I was so wasted in the bathroom." O_o We obviously went separate ways...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Metatron [/i]
[B]Problem with online friends is the fact that you can never really be sure if you are talking to a person that your "friend" makes themselves out to be. I guess that can be resolved here in the forums since theres a pictures forum and everything, but I still tend to be a bit guarded against people I meet online. I try to stay casual with them before I can figure out if they are actually what they say they are. But most people I met so far seem to be nice. [/B][/QUOTE]

I used to think the same thing about meeting people online, but my sister met this guy online and she ended up getting married to him. They are perfect for each other.:heart:

Now I think that if you are really friends with this person that you meet online then you won't have any doubt that they are, in fact, who they say they are.

[color=blue]I need friends with similar interests, stlye and mental capacity. I realised just the other day, while I was downtown with some friends of mine, that they need to be funny. I was extremely bored while I was there and the jokes they were making didn't do anything for me at all. I can't hang around with people who are overly serious, or have a shithouse sense of humour.
I also have to have something in common with people I'm with, other wise there is no common ground and all you do is talk about crap that niether of you really care about.[/color]

Well bare with me... I've only read the last page of this thread O_o

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by AzureWolf [/i]
[B]I wonder how other members treat online and offline friends. Is your behavior different online than offline?[/B][/QUOTE]

I just wanted to respond to this ^_^

My thing with people I meet online is, I'm willing to reveal my location, if I like them even more I might reveal my approximate region. My age isn't a problem, if they ask they shalt recieve. If I like someone, and they ask for it (or it comes along in conversation) I'm willing to give my first name. I think that a friendship can grow with someone without you having to part with personal information. It's not like you have to gain their trust, or they wouldn't be talking to you in the first place.

I used to be really paranoid about what I told people about myself online... but just recently I've loosened up a little bit. Phone numbers, addresses and such are a huge nono :nono:... but gender, location, first name, age etc... things that can't be used to track you down, are fine.

Although I'm sure the main point was "behaviour" O_o *twitches*

And I act pretty much the same. I'm perhaps a little more excited and bouncey than I would normally be, but that's normal for me too. I mean I'm meeting a new person, I get excited if I'm making a new friend ^_^ -- If I know them offline I'm a little more... docile. Yes... docile is a good word :twitch: