mystikal Posted August 16, 2003 Posted August 16, 2003 [img]http://images.deviantart.com/i/2/b/4/violinist_girl_thing.jpg[/img] lol, I was planning to sell the original for like 20-30 bux if anyone ever wants it, but then after i finished it, I grew on it so much that i don't want to lose it at that price, I don't know why. This is done with one pencil, no smudging involved. Her name is Shiori Ranca (sri lanka?) and I just made her up one night. I like the costume a lot... and I was in the massive north american blackout (not convenient, but fun experience) so i couldn't do anything at all, so i decided to pencil shade the pic and cg it as well. This is the first time I tried to do bg with pencil, it wasn't bad lol XD I think. I hope. I like her character design a lot, so now I am designing a thief boy to go with her and planning to make a plot for her so i can maybe do a manga on her in the future :D
tattoi nobori Posted August 16, 2003 Posted August 16, 2003 Holy cow! That's awesome Shilin... Really, just stellar! How long did it take you to shade that? ?_?
Stuart Posted August 16, 2003 Posted August 16, 2003 [color=brown][size=1]ummm is it just me.. or is there nothing there to look at O_o.. might be just me.. ohhh well whoops nevermind I see it now.. WOW that is awesome.. It looks like the real thing to me.. I cant draw worth poop, but so too me that looks awesome, very nice ^_~[/color][/size]
Sara Posted August 16, 2003 Posted August 16, 2003 [size=1]That's amazing. Not to knock your computer skills, but my respect for your art just doubled after seeing you can work with "normal" media just as well. I adore her hair. [/size]
Guest Tical Posted August 16, 2003 Posted August 16, 2003 THAT IS FRIGGIN AWESOME!!! You should write shoujo manga.
eino89 Posted August 16, 2003 Posted August 16, 2003 [COLOR=blue] That picture is really great!!!! How long did it take? Good job :)[/COLOR]
Stuart Posted August 16, 2003 Posted August 16, 2003 [color=brown][size=1]Yeah how long did that take you? I would think it would take you awhile but then again.. I dont draw[/color][/size]
IkkiMechaPilot Posted August 16, 2003 Posted August 16, 2003 Thats just amazing! All at once i want to cry worship it and smash my head into my desk. I mean im like the best pensil shader in my area but damn thats just way beyond me then again i shade with mechanical pensils most of the time. Its just great.
Lord Prozen Posted August 16, 2003 Posted August 16, 2003 [COLOR=royalblue][SIZE=1]yea you should make a manga! thats a really good drawing! lol i cant draw ether so i think its really good. like everyone else has been asking...how long did it take you? making a theif boy to? well i hope that comes out just as nice as this one.[/SIZE][/COLOR]
klinanime1 Posted August 16, 2003 Posted August 16, 2003 Well, that's damn good. The violin... eh. Sorry. It looks a little boxy. That's just me. I nitpick on minor details. It's really, really, really good. And I thought I shaded well.......That just means I have a lot to learn!
mystikal Posted August 16, 2003 Author Posted August 16, 2003 yeah the violin is skrewed XD it took a while, probably 6 hours or more? I didn't draw it from the beginning til the end though, I had breaks in between. a lot of, food breaks :3
eleanor Posted August 16, 2003 Posted August 16, 2003 [size=1] Other than the blocky violin, the picture is [i]amazing[/i]. I have no idea how you can shade so smoothly and...correctly! Lol. Great job again, mystikal. Where did you learn how to shade like that? :D I wanna shade well....:P Lol, 20-30 bucks? How big is that picture? [/size]
mystikal Posted August 17, 2003 Author Posted August 17, 2003 the pic is just on normal 8x11 paper. I know it seems like it got over priced a little, but if you take the canadian minimum wage and the time spent, 20-30 isn't that much at all XD I started to learn to shade by pencil by myself one night cus i was banned from the comp, and i got obsessed. I just looked at a really good shader's pictures adn tried to learn from it. I think this is the link: [url]http://elfwood.lysator.liu.se/loth/j/o/joannac/joannac.html[/url]
KKC Posted August 17, 2003 Posted August 17, 2003 O.O Awesome!! The shading and picture are both sooo awesome. I really suck at pencil shading. I think the music note BG is really cool too.
Tix Posted August 17, 2003 Posted August 17, 2003 Gah! Gah! *thuds* Wow! Shilin once again you did an awsome job on that pic. I luv it, but then again I luv all your drawings...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now