Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
I am just wandering, Why Hankies? WHy tissues. WHich is better, which do you use, and why? I use tissues. I can't think of putting something with your *Bleh* on it back into your pocket. And then re-using it. It just seems gross, and dirty. It is better for the environment, but which do you use. Why? Do you even care? Just thought this was a needed topic.:p But seriously. It seems strange, thats all......
Posted
o_O;;

Um... I'd have to say I use tissues- They seem to hold it all better, and you get much more for your money than with a hankie, which you have to keep washing. My dad has hundreds of them, and I can't really see much point to them save for looking a bit nicer. Although, why bother having something nice-looking if all you're going to do is eject phlegm onto it?
Posted
good question :p, i use tissues normally but if i have a cold ill tend to use a hankey, otherwise i go through boxes of tissues where as i might only use a couple of hankeys, but i must admit it isnt very hygenic!!
Posted
Your shirt sleeve??? Well, there is no saving some people from their DIRTY SINS! lol. I think that it is awful, and disgusting to see a person, and they have *Bleh* stuck on their nose, or hanging out from underneath. That just makes me feel sick inside.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Fall [/i]
[B]I use neither. The right-hand sleeve of my shirt or jacket comes in handy for that purpose.[/B][/QUOTE] *grin* Das funny.
I can't understand people that use hankies.. I like yourself, find it to be kinda gross to use something over and over again.. espeically keeping in mind what exactly that hanky contains... *icky germs*
I use tissues, Puffs plus with Aloe to be exact... my nose deserves the very best.. hehe. ^_^
Posted
[size=0] [color=silver] i definitely choose tissues! They are disposable, so they arent nearly as messy, and they save water, cuz u dont hafto wash them. [/color] [/size]
Guest yalborap
Posted
tissues. That, and when I sneeze, I make fart noises!:p
Posted
[color=#707875]I don't know what's so unhygenic about hankies. Sure, you get your goobies all over them, but they're [i]your[/i] goobies. If you have a cold, it's not like you're going to catch your own cold a second time. o_O;

It's more a question of whether you want to dispose of your goobies immediately (with less comfort) or keep them hanging around a bit longer (with more comfort).[/color]
Guest yalborap
Posted
Well, tissues are cheaper, and you can use them like a disposable hanky.
Posted
Tissues. Deffinatly Tissues. I have Hankies with designs on them. But they're just collectables. I use tissues, they're softer, especially the lotion ones:D
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by James [/i]
[B][color=#707875]Sure, you get your goobies all over them, but they're [i]your[/i] goobies.[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

That made me laugh [i]so[/i] much. Goobies...

Anyway, I don't think either is more unhygenic than the other, really. Bogies will out, in this situation. Although with tissues you run the risk of getting them all over your trousers, seeing as the... soaks through and all.

One thing about tissues- if you forget to take them out of your trousers before you wash them, you have a big mess waiting for you when you open the washing machine. So hankies definately have their advantages.
Posted
heh.I would much rather use tissue.Even when I am sick and have a runny nose,I don't go through very many tissues. *sarcasm* Because I listen to my mom and "blow it all out!" *end sarcasm* That's seriously what she says. I'm like I did! I did! There is nothing left to blow out!Sheesh! hankies...I know they're
my germs and all but I just don't like the idea of reusing it.
Posted
Definitely tissues! Hankies just seem so unsanitary, you sneeze all that junk out of your nose and then later when you have to sneeze again it gets all over your nose and eww! Tissues are nice and soft too!
Posted
[color=teal][b]Actually, I usually just hold my nose. It's not the safest thing to do, but it works. But if I don't see it coming, I use a tissue. There's alot of them in a package and you don't have to go looking for just one everytime you sneeze.[/color][/b]
Posted
Holding your nose isn't all that safe- the pressure can give you nosebleeds, and sneezes are meant to eject the [i]goobies[/i] *giggles insanely* as they're what trap incoming dust particles and airbourne bacteria. They stop things form getting into your lungs, so it's a good idea to get rid of it every once in a while.
Posted
As well as nose bleeds, by plugging your nose you could also blow out your ear drums... and that can't be too fun.

I used to hold my nose to, until the fateful day that I managed to cover myself in my own, erm... "goobies" whilst in a lab class in college. laf. That was not cool. At all. An explosion of embarassment. *grin*

I dunno, when I'm sick, I just dont wanna keep pulling out some rag that is all slimy and nasty from getting used over and over.
Posted
*falls out of chair* ........... Juna, you have just given me one of the best laughs today.... I feel so sorry for you. WHy would you hold your nose then anyway? coz then it clogs up 'an you have to breave fwoo your mouf like this see coz your nothe is blocked up'. And when you do try to breathe through your nose, you start choking because no air is coming through....

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...