Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
The best opening theme of all time has got to be soultker. You dont even wanna get me started on that song. MillionKnives88 got the last Trigun DVD and the opening is of the chain. Tank is very good but it doesnt really appeal to me since im more into rock. Another good one is the opening theme to King of Bandit Jing. Its video is EXACTLY like the one for soultaker and almost as good a song. Rurouni Kenshin's "Sobakasu" or "Freckles" is very good but the Sobakasu version is much better. I have always licked the Inu-Yasha theme. I was so friggin angry when AS stopped playing it. A good english one is Pokemon. It always got good ones bt the first is by far the best.
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Double_B_Daigo [/i]
[B]I watched and heared the opening theme for RK. I hate it to death. It totally clashes with the attitude of the show and deffiently doesn't go with the opening footage. When i heard the song start, i thought it was going to be a Heavy Metal J-Rock and it quickly turned into a quirky pop song with squeeky voices. The music director needs a little bit of tuning up. [/B][/QUOTE]


AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!! The beginning of that song doesn't match the rest at ALL, and the whole thing doesn't go along with the show. It pains me to listen to some of this stuff.

But "Half" is worse than "Freckles". MUCH worse. It's disgusting.
Posted
yeah, its like the music director mixed it up with a shoujin anime's theme song. Growl. I wish they would have used the j-rock band, "THe Pillows". That would have kicked serious A-word. FYI: Ther Pillows did FLCL's sound trck.
Posted
Hey hey hey, its not horrible. the japanease versions better. And if you here the whhole thing its not bad. but i agree it has nothing to do with the show. the lyrics seem to be an opposite of the show
"memories i have are always beutiful in my mind"
I remember kenshin having bad memories.
"it was heavy the love that i once shared for you but it dessolved like it was just a sugercube"
but kaoru does love him!
Posted
Well, they deiifinelty used the wrong artist then. They should have, like i already said, used the Pillows. They could have tore it up!
Posted
Well, I can stand to listen to Freckles, but that doesn't mean I have to like it...and I did say that the Japanese version is a lot better.
Posted
Actually the pillows wouldnt work either. They shoulda used the people who mad Trigun theme. Hard rock action! But I think these post are gettin spmmy. were or topic
Posted
Tank!, Ai yu Chu, H.T., those are just really great. It's way too bad that Adult Swim had to cut H.T. from Trigun... It's really a great song. I'm not sure if I like that really pumped up version of it, though, on the soundtrack.... Yeah. I can't remember the name of it. And Tank! of course. It seems to get the popular vote, huh? Except, once my computer got stuck while playing Tank! so... it really just scares me whenever it plays. In fact, I love Tank! so much that if I hear it again I'll puke. And Ai yu Chu from Excel Saga is just.... I'm not sure. Let's say, "Good." Mmmhmm. I'll stick with that for now. The Pillows are really good, too. But Ride on Shooting Star isn't really the opening theme to FLCL, is it? Hahahaa... no. No, it isn't.
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by DVL [/i]
[B]AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!! The beginning of that song doesn't match the rest at ALL, and the whole thing doesn't go along with the show. It pains me to listen to some of this stuff.

But "Half" is worse than "Freckles". MUCH worse. It's disgusting. [/B][/QUOTE]

GOD!! You guys need to lighten up on RK! I personaly like the begining song! I mean it could have different words, but the beat isn't THAT BAD. And it isn't DISGUSTING, it's just, weird.
Posted
Ok, sure "Freckles" isn't great, but its still pretty good. I personally like the Japanese version better.

Rurouni Kenshin has alot of great opening/ending themes. My favorite is "It's Gonna Rain," by Bonnie Pink. Its the third ending theme, I think.
I guess I like it because it just has a good sound, and is kinda uplifting.:D
Posted
Opening Theme? Hm.. Hehe, well I enjoy Freckles of Rurouni Kenshin.. It is sorta annoying at first, but it catches on in your mind.. Then you find yourself singing it over and over and over again.. It is quite cute.. My favorite used to be Obsession by See-Saw, but it started to bore me.

However, my favorite ending theme is Yasashii Yoake by See-Saw.. .hack//SIGN ending, very good. The lyrics really touch me, and the melody and singing are top-notch.. Hehe, it reminds me of a special someone.. Of course, this thread is about [u]Opening Themes[/u] only, so why am I saying this..? :sweat:
Posted
The best opening theme i think is 'Tank'.

Why,because its just one of those songs that makes you want to get up and dance.Another one is the opening song for the cowboy bebop movie,not the one when there at the store the one after when its showing all the stuff it has like lyrics of something like "dna" and that all i remeber....
Posted
I like a lot of the openings to anime. I'd probably have to say that Excel Saga is my favorite opening but I really like "Freckles" in japanese and Obsession from .hack//SIGN is really good,too. I don't really see why people like Tank! from Cowboy Bebop so much. I find it kind of boring but thats just my opinion. Personally, I think that the closing themes to most animes are better than the openings, though.
Posted
Go OS Spotg and WW2! At least someone aggres with me. Every time i hear that song i sing with it at the top of my lungs.
I brush against the freckles that i hated so
time goes on and i heave a little sig for you
it was heavy the love that i once shared for you
but it dissolved like it was just a sugarcube
and now the little pain sitting in my heart
has shrunken a bit but it really does hurt me now
those silly horoscopes i
guess i cant trust them after all.......
If we could get farther away......
I wonder what it would be liiiike yay!
Id be so happy
inside my heeeaarrt
memories i have, are always beutiful in my mind
but they dont feed the hunger deep inside my soul
and tonigt i thought, kd just be sitting in my sorrow
and now I must wonder why
what did it really mean to you I just cant see it anymooooorrre
I just cant see it anymooorrre
oooooooooooo!

I now the subbed version to.
Posted
yaya tamks good but hellsing and martian successor nadesico and ex- driver but nadesico has the best to me i cant stop watching afterwords ranmas is good tho`
Posted
...Sorry if I sounded really mean to RK. It's just "Half" I really hate. And "Freckles" has actually grown on me to the point where I don't really hate it...and I always sing along at the end. ^^;;; I can't help it.
Posted
[size=1][color=crimson]I would have to say Rurouni Kenshin has the best opening songs. But because I have missed so many episodes I dont know all of the Songs name. But any way I say Rurouni Kenshin because most of the songs has like a good beat to it. And some like WW2 its sorta uplifting.[/size][/color]
Posted
Triguns' H.T. is the best becasue the guitar and effects work is really well done, also the H.T.-destroying angel mix is also really techno and rock at the same time. It's just a good jam that I can't help but move to. *unfortunatly making a fool of myself in the process.* ^^;
Guest Anime_Forever
Posted
I found out HT stands for Humanoid Typhoon. Just go to the otaku Jukebox and click Humanoid Typhoon and it will play the HT midi.
Posted
I must agree with the general concensus (did I spell that right?) that Tank is a truly awesome song. Also, Duvet(Lain), ride on shooting star (FLCL), and The Real Folk Blues (Bebop) are really good. Some slightly more obscure songs that are really good are Peony Pink from Clamp Campus Detectives (cute and catchy), WILL from Soul Hunter, and Fukai Mori (Inuyasha). I also love just about any Slayers theme song. Then again, maybe it´s just me...
  • 2 weeks later...
Posted
I love the opening theme for Love Hina Again. It's odd but its awesome. lol. Not to get ff subject but I hate Sailor moon's. Its pointless. The Tenchi Muyo one is pretty ok also.
Posted
Sailormoon is a amazing. Who ever wrote those lyrics should win a Grammy. The images that appear during the song are good also. Fight Evil by Moon Light. Winning love by daylight come on now that gold
Posted
I like Freckles (from Kenshin). It's just so bright and happy. Fukai Mori (an Inuyasha ending song) is also really great. I can't quite describe what sets it apart, but I love it. The Tenchi opening song is good too.

Probably my favorite anime opening or ending song is Hiru no Tsuki, from Outlaw Star. Some people may say that it doesn't really fit the show, which I respect, but it's an incredibly beautiful, haunting piece of music (both in terms of lyrics and melody).

The English translation (which I got off theOtaku.com's fantastic Outlaw Star site) is:

One soundless midday,
The wind was fresh and clean,
And the flower petals swayed as if they were asleep.
This serene feeling...
Tell me, what's the name that people give it?
Tell me a story that's locked away in the white sand of the Moon, Let me hear it as gently as light shining down.

Nice stuff, neh? ^_^

~Dagger~
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Hiei Jagashi [/i]
[B]The best opening theme i think is 'Tank'.

Why,because its just one of those songs that makes you want to get up and dance.Another one is the opening song for the cowboy bebop movie,not the one when there at the store the one after when its showing all the stuff it has like lyrics of something like "dna" and that all i remeber.... [/B][/QUOTE]

It's called "Ask Your DNA," and I agree that it's a very good song. I could listen to it all day! I also the ending theme to that. I don't remember what it's called though.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...