OtakuBoards

SMA4: Super Mario Bros. 3

Desbreko

[color=indigo]You know, I still get confused about how they switch the Super Mario Advance part of the title to different sides of the rest of the title... First it was just Super Mario Advance, then Super Mario World/Yoshi's Island with the the SMA part on the right, and now it's the SMA part on hte left and the SMB3 part on the right. :cross:

Anyway, if you don't know already, Super Mario Advance 4 (if you couldn't tell from the title or above musings) is a remake of Super Mario Bros. 3, which originally appeared on the NES and later as part of Super Mario Bros. All-Stars on the SNES. (And, as with all the other SMA games, it includes the original Mario Bros.). It comes out on October 21, in the US.

So, anyone out there planning on getting this game? I'd like to, since I never did get to play all the way through the original SMB3, but there are completely new games that I want to get first.

And while the idea of new levels and stuff like that is appealing, it annoys me that you have to use an e-Reader and e-cards to get them. And not only that, but you have to have [i]two[/i] GBAs and a link cable; one for the game cartridge, and the other for the e-Reader. Now, I have the two GBAs and a link cable, but I'd have to borrow my friend's e-Reader (I don't plan on buying one, since I just wouldn't use it enough), [i]and[/i] I'd have to buy the cards. Just not worth it in my opinion.[/color]

I don't know if I'm getting this game, but I would certainly like to. Super Mario Bros. 3 is still my all time favorite NES game and probably my favorite Mario game. I would especially like to get it seeing as my NES and SNES aren't exactly in the best of condition, heh. Also, that stuff with the e-reader intrigues me, but the conditions to set it up seem like a big hassle honestly. But the game would be still worth buying, in my opinion, if not just to experience SMB 3.

First GBA game I'll be picking up for quite some time. Super Mario Bros. 3 is my absolute favorite of the 2D Mario titles, quite possibly my favorite Mario game of all time. I still think they should have packaged it with the original SMA. I guess they had the sense to know SMB3 was good enough to sell on it's own.

I personally don't like the whole e-Reader thing at all, just an excuse to dig more money out of the pockets of loyal gamers. I have not bought one and never plan too, it's just not my thing.

I have an e-Reader. Mostly because I had money to burn at the time. It's fun to mess around with. The problem is that Nintendo rarely uses it to good potential, I think. That Mario Party e-Card board game was pretty cool though. That was a good idea.

As for the e-Reader on this... I think it's a very cool idea, mostly marred by the fact that you need two GBAs. Luckily there are three in my house thanks to my brothers heh. It does give you the chance to add on new things though. I remember reading about being able to play with Super Mario Bros. 3 powers in levels from other games, and so on.

I'll probably get it when I have more money.