OtakuBoards

MyOtaku + popularuty = Bad?

Pex

Does anyone feel that the if the success of myOtaku might be a bad thing. I know I'm still a newbie to the boards and my site has done pretty well, and I also have nothing against any newbies to myOtaku, in fact I enjoy helping people with sites and chatting with the newer people of myOtaku. I just feel that if myOtaku gets popular to point...alright heres an example. Lets say myOtaku and OB get flooded with members, possibly 10,000 or more. I feel that instead of myOtaku and OB uniting people by the common bond of anime, it will split. People were seperate themselves from the newbies or categorize themselves by certain groups or anime styles. I know this may sound negative to many of you its just that this is such a good experience for anyone who likes anime to enjoy and I feel that the more people that come could hurt the theOtaku and split people and instead of bringing all people together with anime, but yet I want more people to come because thats what makes this site so entertaining...I hope I don't offend anyone I'm just making this thread to see what other people feel about this.

You make it sound as if you almost consider MyOtaku another message board in a sense. They're seperate entities and they do entirely seperate things. There will be efforts in the future to tie them together more though.

I cannot forsee any rivalry or cliques being formed over something like this... if I'm even understanding what you are saying. I'm still not sure what you think could cause this.

Well, don't be worried. ^_^

This isn't exactly a cut-and-dry anime community. The forums cover movies, music, poetry, video games, role-playing, art, etc. With the site touching on so many different fields of interests, I think it's safe to assume that most of us can find [i]something[/i] to have in common with one another. And as Semjaza said, certain members are separated to a certain extent already. There are many members that choose not to frequent every forum. All this is fine. Difference makes for a more interesting environment. You can learn more. So, I don't quite understand what you mean. Most people here aren't united by a love of anime.

It's also important to remember that we'll always have a capable staff to monitor an influx of members. Our rules may evolve to accomodate them, but we'll remain the quality community that we are and have been for quite some time.. So, we can adapt to such a situation without a hitch, I'd say.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Pex [/i]
[B]Does anyone feel that the if the success of myOtaku might be a bad thing.[/b][/quote]
I got to a board that has 18,000 members and never has less than 500 members on at a time. The more people there are that just means the less tolerance for random acts of stupidity.

[quote]Lets say myOtaku and OB get flooded with members, possibly 10,000 or more. I feel that instead of myOtaku and OB uniting people by the common bond of anime, it will split.[/quote]

I don't see what's so wrong with this...

[quote]People were seperate themselves from the newbies or categorize themselves by certain groups or anime styles. [/quote]
Aren't you seperating them as newbies anyway?

[quote][b]I hope I don't offend anyone [/B][/QUOTE]
Too late for that...

btw that was a joke so don't "call me" on it and say you don't think that's possible

[color=#707875]myOtaku shouldn't be viewed as some kind of competitor to OB anyway.

The truth is, these two sites will be far more integrated in the future. Adam and I want to bring all of our sites together. myOtaku and theOtaku.com are already joined at the hip, so to speak. And OB will eventually be tied closely with myOtaku.

So it's not a negative thing. In fact, it's a good thing if anything. People who join up with myOtaku might be interested in participating here and vice-versa. myOtaku is also a really great outlet for existing OB members.

Besides, there are plenty of people here who already put themselves into specific groups. Some people on here aren't anime fans at all and they never visit those forums. The opposite is true also -- some anime fans have never visited Otaku Lounge. So, it's bound to happen. Regardless, you can bet that we'll always be focused on quality. So no need to worry. ~_^[/color]