OtakuBoards

Super Mario RPG:legend of the seven stars

Lord Prozen

[color=royalblue]well i was wondering what everyone thought about Mario RPG for the SNES. I think it was one of the best games ever! just the whole thing about it was great! the guy with the blue cloak (cant think of his name right now) was the best caricter EVER!!!! i love that game! what do you think of it?[/color]

[color=navy][i] His name is Geno, by the way.
I personaly love this game. It was one of the very first RPG's i've ever played, when I was really young. It's [b]much[/b] smaller than other Square games, but that's because it appeals to a different audience. I thought it was really unique. A half decent RPG based on Mario. They really did a good job with it. I still have the cartridge in my room on my shelf. Every once in a while I dust off my old SNES and play it a while.
~Matto[/color][/i]

I'm a huge fan of Super Mario RPG, but I wouldn't go so far as to call it one of the best games ever. It's way too short and easy to earn that distinction lol.

With that said, though, it still is a really good game. It's very funny and the fighting system is pretty good. And the story, even though it isn't anything really special, is the best that any Mario game has ever had. I've heard several rumors about this game being remade for the Game Boy Advance, but nothing official has been announced so far that I know of.

[color=royalblue]you have a copy of it.....*starts looking for where matto lives* WHERE IS HE!!!! I WANT THAT GAME!!! lol how can you let your SNES get dusty???? its the best system ever! i think so anyway. man i wish i had a copy of that game...*cries*[/color]

Ah, Super Mario RPG.. I have fond memories of this game.

Actually, it's the first RPG I really played, and it's a good starter too. The play control is simple enough and the game doesn't have an all-that-complex story line... *sniff of sadness* Mario didn't have a wide variety of special moves though.. Just fireball, jump and something I'm forgetting..

Short? I didn't find this game too short... Of course, I was little and got stuck at the volcano for a month.. -_-

I haven't played it in a while though.. Hm.. Maybe I should do that..

I heard about the Gameboy remake as well. Actually, I remember seeing screenshots somewhere. But it was a while ago, and I really don't remember where. However I [i]do[/i] remember they called it Super Mario Advance Four. Now that can't be true, considering that SMA4 is now Super Mario Bros. 3.. Hehe, but I think there's a good chance of it being one of the SMA games eventually.

My favorite character was Bowser. :sweat: The chain chomp was so cool!!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by OtakuSennen [/i]
[B]Actually, it's the first RPG I really played, and it's a good starter too. The play control is simple enough and the game doesn't have an all-that-complex story line... *sniff of sadness* Mario didn't have a wide variety of special moves though.. Just fireball, jump and something I'm forgetting..[/b][/quote]

I agree with you there. This was the first RPG that I played as well. It's easy enough to get used to the RPG style while still remaining fun.

[quote][b]Short? I didn't find this game too short... Of course, I was little and got stuck at the volcano for a month.. -_- [/b][/quote]

Well, it was short for an RPG. The easyness of the game didn't really do much to make things better. But the game's still fun. Maybe it's just because I wanted to play the game more lol.

[quote][b]I heard about the Gameboy remake as well. Actually, I remember seeing screenshots somewhere. But it was a while ago, and I really don't remember where. However I [i]do[/i] remember they called it Super Mario Advance Four. Now that can't be true, considering that SMA4 is now Super Mario Bros. 3.. Hehe, but I think there's a good chance of it being one of the SMA games eventually.[/b][/quote]

I heard that rumor, too. I think it was either in Electronic Gaming Monthly or Nintendo Power that I heard it; I can't remember which. But all this Super Mario Advance stuff is getting confusing to be honest lol.

[quote][b]My favorite character was Bowser. :sweat: The chain chomp was so cool!! [/B][/QUOTE]

Heh, he was my favorite character, too. Not only was he the best attacker, but he was the comic relief in the game. Square and Nintendo really gave Bowser a lot of character in this game.

Guest Crimson Spider
I own it and play it often. It is rediculessly fun!

I like to fight Culex over and over with different situations, such as using battle items, not using them. Using special attacks only, or physical attacks only. But the toughest is definatly using only physical attacks without using ANY items.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lord Prozen [/i]
[B][color=royalblue]you have a copy of it.....*starts looking for where matto lives* WHERE IS HE!!!! I WANT THAT GAME!!! lol how can you let your SNES get dusty???? its the best system ever! i think so anyway. man i wish i had a copy of that game...*cries*[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=navy][i] If you don't have a copy, how have you played it? Anyway, i'm sure you can find one around the internet if you're looking.
As for favorite characters, i'd say Geno. The idea of a spirit beyond the world possesing a doll is just so cool. If you think about it, the quest is based around him..He's the only extra character I would use when I did the Mario/Lazy Shell(attack) and Toadstool/Lazy Shell(defence) thing. He was always balanced with attack, defence and HP, and had some of the best Special Attcks in the game.
[quote]I like to fight Culex over and over with different situations, such as using battle items, not using them. Using special attacks only, or physical attacks only. But the toughest is definatly using only physical attacks without using ANY items.[/quote]
Culex definatly made the game all that much cooler. It's no doubt my favorite battle of the game. He's kind of like the Ultima Weapon or whatever Weapon of Mario RPG. The battle theme is an awesome FFIV Boss theme remix.
Fighting him with only physical attacks and no items would be hard...
~Matto[/color][/i]

Mmmm Mario RPG, before I played Lunar 1 I thought MRPG was the funniest rpg I'd played, heh and it's still pretty up there. Like when Frogfucius is giving some speech and then starts yelling at Lakitu because they can see him. Or when a teary-eyed Bowser "lets" Mario join his Koopa troop. It was also fun playing look-the-other-way, or the barrel jumping game. Could someone explain the yoshi racing to me though? I don't know why, but I've NEVER been able to figure it out. Yoshi just stands there and will only move when I feed him a cookie, but that's not even close to enough to win a race. Do I have to tap a button rapidly or hold it or what?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by SephirothNIN [/i]
[B]Mmmm Mario RPG, before I played Lunar 1 I thought MRPG was the funniest rpg I'd played, heh and it's still pretty up there. Like when Frogfucius is giving some speech and then starts yelling at Lakitu because they can see him. Or when a teary-eyed Bowser "lets" Mario join his Koopa troop. It was also fun playing look-the-other-way, or the barrel jumping game. Could someone explain the yoshi racing to me though? I don't know why, but I've NEVER been able to figure it out. Yoshi just stands there and will only move when I feed him a cookie, but that's not even close to enough to win a race. Do I have to tap a button rapidly or hold it or what? [/B][/QUOTE]
[color=navy] [i] I used to have trouble with this too.
What you have to do, is tap the A nd B buttons alogn with the tune. So on one beat, you tap A, and the other you tap B.
What worked for me, was to count the beats as [b]one[/b] and [b]two[/b] It helps with the timing. The beats are about a half a second apart, if I remember correctly, so count [b]One!Two![/b] every half a second, where on one you press the A button, and on Two you press the B button. Not really as hard as it first seems to be. You can keep up to Boshi pretty easily just by doing this, and if you fall behind a small bit, that's what the cookies are for.
~Matto[/color][/i]