OtakuBoards

What's the best all time cartoon??

XC SpydeR

[color=darkblue][size=1]I was not allowed to watch the Smurfs. Or Scooby-Doo. Or Masters of the Universe. Or the Count on Sesamee Street. Or The Land Before Time movie. And about a million other things. To this day, I have not seen a single Smurf episode.

It's a long story. Let's just say, those programs were "evil".[/color][/size]

[color=royalblue]hmmm...... there are so meny cartoons I like but I think my fav would have to be dexters lab. I think its really funny how dexters lab makes fun of a lot of stuff like the star trek episode. lol that has to be the best one ever. I like this other episode of dexters lab where the dog follows dexter home and then his dad is standing in dexters room and has a sirios(sp) look on his face and says "dexter how long have you kept this lab a secret from me" dexter:"um well um....." dad:"becuse I just LOVE labrador retreavers!" I also like the angry beavers. I love the episode where they think that there are killer leaches lol, then dagget sicks the dog on them. I would talk about more cartoons but this post is so big I dont think anyone will read it all lol[/color]

I could rant and ramble for hours and I think I just might do that. I can't just place one cartoon ahead of another, it's impposible for me. I've been such a cartoon freak since I was a child...there are just so many shows I've seen and loved.

[b]Shows of yester-year[/b]

Transformers: Not that Armada crap, the old, much better, stuff. I got into Transformers only 5 or 6 years ago. Rather than grow up with them...I found out late and wished I grew up with them. My friend brought the movie over and I fell in love. I now own the movie and the first season. The movie, is probably my favorite cartoon movie of all time (Up there with Batman: Mask of the Phantasm). [spoiler]Did you really expect the main character (in a kids show no less) to die at the beggining of the movie? That was pure genius. Rivals Spike's death in Cowboy Bebop.[/spoiler] The best part of the movie has got to be when [spoiler]Starscream has taken Megatron's place and he comes back as Galvatron (I think).

Starscream: Is that you Megatron?

Galvatron: Here's a hint. *turns into a cannon and kills him*[/spoiler]

Classic stuff.

G.I. Joe: There isn't much to say here, on account most people know about G.I. Joe. The movie was also a strike of brillance.

TMNT: When I was younger...I [i]was[/i] a Ninja Turtle. You can ask anyone who randomly saw me around that age (2 - 5/6). I was insanely obbsessed. Now that I look back on it, it [b]seriously[/b] scares me. I talked about TMNT, I played with their toys, watched their tapes, EVERYTHING. I can still recite the theme song by heart. And probably some of the episodes too. :\ A few weeks ago my family and I watched some old family videos, for my third birthday I only recieved one item that wasn't TMNT related. I nicely tossed it over my shoulder and played my new TMNT crap. I know I'm being repetetive and annoying...but that is how much I loved the damn turtles.

Batman Animated Series: This was pretty much airing all throughout my Elementary school years. I strangely can't remember if it came on afterschool or on Saturday mornings. But it was a wonderful show. It owns Batman Beyond on more levels than most people will ever know.

Spiderman Animated Series: Best. Comic. Cartoon. Ever.

I still watch this...I have a few tapes and discs lying around. I finally finished the series about a month ago. It was a truly wonderful ending. *sigh* [spoiler]In the end there are several differen't dimensions and Peter Parker (aka Spidey) visits our dimension and meets Stan Lee. I thought that was pretty cool.[/spoiler]

I would type about the X-men show but I honestly don't remember much.

[b]Newer Cartoons:[/b]

Clone High: Oh man, I'm in love with this series. I can't believe they stopped showing it on MTV for whatever reason. Great comedy, Ghandi is personally my favorite.

Daria: This show is amazing. Daria is an un-popular "brain" stuck at a school full of idiots, in a town full of idiots. She does have one friend named Jane, they make fun off all the dimwits and whatnot. It's great humor. However I don't like the little time period when [spoiler]Jane starts dating Tom, and then Tom likes Daria. It's a bit to boring and cliche for a good show like Daria.[/spoiler] The two movies are great as well.

ATHF: Not a huge fan. But episode 8 "The Mooninite's Revenge" is the funniest thing they have ever aired on CN.

Family Guy: Seth McFarlene in a genius. If anyone here has seen his student film "Life of Larry" you know what I'm talking about. His jokes are hilarious

[b]Edit:[/b] Finished it

I am going to put the ones from the past and the present. But you could have put more effort on this.

Past (like when I was 5,6,7 years old):

Looney Toons
Powerpuff Girls
Dexter's Laboratory
Hey Arnold
And many more....

Present:

The Simpsons
Futurama
Family Guy
South Park
Anime