OtakuBoards

Vacation Fantasy?

XC SpydeR

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shinobi [/i]
[B]Everything in your perfect Vacation is in....SCOTLAND! There is loads of castles, as you may already know. There is [b]beautiful[/b] wildlife parks (some are just full of flowers and squirrels and all the little creatures like rabbits and stuff and they run free!). There is LOADS of mountains...Ben Nevis for one (biggest in UK). There is some beautiful beaches...it's just that the sea is FREEZING and well it isn't really bikini weather lol. There is stacks of snow in the winter...the only downside is no Disneyworld :( but hey it has most of your disiers (sp?)...infact...you post has made it reoccur to me how beautiful my home country is ^^. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=hotpink][size=1]My nanna (mommy's mom) is Scottish. All of her family still lives in Scotland and I'd like to meet them someday. Thanks for pointing out to me that it's all in Scotland. Maybe I'll move there for about a year and see how I like it. I imagine there's a lot of beautiful lakes there, as well...wow, I want to go to Scotland....[/color][/size]

I always liked the night. I always liked mountains. I always liked Japan... well, I'm Japanese so its my homeland o_O. Anyway, put all that together, and I suppose my vacation fantasy will be to go on one of those... um... not exactly a tour but... basically, you run through the mountain all day. All day including the night. There are people called Yamabushi in Japan. Basically priests who trek around the wild. You get to become one of them, and to trek with them. I always, always wanted to do that.... running in the mountain at midnight... *sigh*... But then again, its supposed to help you find inner-peace, so I guess its not exactly a vacation...

I'd love to go to Iceland once. Or Australia. Or India. Or Sweden. Hell, I'd even go to America, as long as it's Far Away from here!
Seriously, I'd love to go anywhere, just on my own, with no-one around to care about. That'd be great...

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shy [/i]
[B][size=1]I've always wanted to go on a big road trip with some friends; I think that would be a lot of fun to do. I would pick up some random people from across the country (probably OB-ers) and we would just travel some tourist destinations randomly. I've always wanted to visit [url=http://www.metropolischamber.com/index.html]Metropolis, Illinois,[/url] [url=http://www.roadsideamerica.com/attract/AZGREtitan.html]a Titan II missile silo,[/url] and [url=http://pages.prodigy.net/vaporware/alien.jpg]Area 51.[/url] Also, we would get to see some of the larger cities, and perhaps learn something about the rest of America.

Yeah, it's corny, but I love it. Anyone want to come along? Jenna seats five...

-Shy[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

OOO OOO! can I come? Hehe, now I know why I joined a fanclub devoted to you ^_^

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by Shy
I've always wanted to go on a big road trip with some friends; I think that would be a lot of fun to do. I would pick up some random people from across the country (probably OB-ers) and we would just travel some tourist destinations randomly. I've always wanted to visit Metropolis, Illinois, a Titan II missile silo, and Area 51. Also, we would get to see some of the larger cities, and perhaps learn something about the rest of America.

Yeah, it's corny, but I love it. Anyone want to come along? Jenna seats five...

-Shy
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm in! Drix and I can argue a whole lot on the trip! muahhaa! :)

My ideal vacation...either going down the shore (Jersey shore or North Carolina Nags Head), Poconos, or just lounging around the house is peachy.

I love the Shore atmosphere, especially Ocean City. It's SO relaxed. Get a nice cottage or something right near the ocean--make sure it has a deck or porch--and just sit out on the deck or whatever during the night...it's so perfect. Seagulls flying overhead, their sounds mixing with the sounds of waves crashing lightly on the beach, the sun starting to set, light breeze but warm enough to wear shorts. Perfect. I recommend it to anyone needing a vacation.

[color=indigo]My ideal vacation would be to go to Rehobeth, Delaware between 1980 and 1990, before it became overly commercial. Although it is still a beautiful area, it often becomes super crowded during the summer and the surrounding town has grown from a small local community to a bustling micro city. I guess people can?t live without a Lowe?s Home Improvement or a Walmart within spitting distance.

I remember waking up and going fishing in the morning with my grandfather, spending all day playing football on the beach and swimming in the ocean, and spending all night walking up and down the wooden boardwalk eating ice cream and listening to whatever band was playing on the center stage.

It is still wonderful going there during the summer, but I guess my nostalgia factor is full blown after spending the entire summer landlocked in Ohio. [/color]