OtakuBoards

Intelligent Design in schools.

Drix D'Zanth

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Justin [/i]
[B]Yes, but fossilizaton can also take place over a period of a couple thousand years. For instance, the discovery of fur hats and other man-made articles that are fossilized.

But the discussion here is not about whether one thing is fact or not. I can bring up as many logical points to support one side as the other--but that's not what my faith is about anyway.

The discussion is about morals, and the freedom of choice. People ar [i]entitled[/i] to salvation, but it can't be forced on them. Therefore, they should hear the unbiased choices that they have. As for their choosing, I believe the Holy Spirit will deal with the hearts of men.

-Justin [/B][/QUOTE]

Are you saying that you think the time difference was caused by the time span that was needed for fossilation? Thermoluminescence checks the amount of energy/light of electrons trapped in the fossilized ground. The electrons in the human's prints were hundreds of thousands of years older than the dinosaur ones. The time difference could not have been caused by mere fossilation. Plus, if humans did live alongside the dinosaurs, you'd think the Bible would've recorded it.

" And Jesus walked upon the path of God...but his path was blocked by a Triceratops!" - T-Rex 1:16. Lol. Sorry if that offended anyone.

But hey, whatever man. Like I've said before, to each his own opinion. Sorry for goin' a lil' off topic (scratch that: [U]really[/U] off topic), I was merely attemptimg to correct Bandit.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Bandit Joeykuba [/i]
[B]Yes, I'll agree with you there. BUT, by not teaching Intelligent Design, isn't that denying the students of freechoice as well?
[/B][/QUOTE]

I never said that Intelligent Design shouldn't be taught in schools, actually I'm all for it, it gives students the chance to decide for themselves. I was merely justifying the merit of studying evolution. To ignore the [i]theory[/i] is to breed ignorance, and that isn't a good thing, to simply dismiss it because it conflicts with your own ideas is stupid really. And no before you start I don't dismiss the creationist approach, I have taken it on board and I choose to focus on the evolution side because I find it more plausable. I know about both.

Perhaps the Bible did. Perhaps it did not. If you really read it, maybe you'd know. ;)

Anyway, what I said had nothing to do with the footprints thing. I was merely stating what I stated to put it on the table.

In my opinion, all theories are worth knowing. I want to know them all. As I said, not because I'm still searching for truth, but because I want to know the most effective way of sharing the truth that I've found with others.

Now, some Christians don't have the resolve that I have, so for them, it is better to wait until they've grown in their faith before they begin stepping into the missions field anyway. The Spirit will deal those convictions out as He wills.

There is merit to just about any theory, and no one is stupid. Some may be ignorant, but not stupid. If you think you're right, and someone refuses to hear your opinion, back away from it once you've pushed it as far as you can. There is no need to get ugly about it.

For the Christians here: Be wary of what you say and how you say it, because you represent Christ. WWJD, anyone?

The Lord bless you all. :)

-Justin

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by doukeshi03 [/i]
[B] To ignore the [i]theory[/i] is to breed ignorance, and that isn't a good thing, to simply dismiss it because it conflicts with your own ideas is stupid really. [/B][/QUOTE]

It's not a theory, perhaps by definition, but my scientific method it is not. In order to have a theory, you must be able to conduct an experiment in a controlled environment. You cannot take a species, and change it into another species, it isn't possible. Therefore evolution (macroevolution ) is a "Model", only possible through the application of "faith". I mentioned this at the beginning of the article. I understand there is a theory of MICRO-evolution, yes, but they don't [B]just[/B] teach microevolution in schools, do they?

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Drix D'Zanth [/i]
[B]It's not a theory, perhaps by definition, but my scientific method it is not. In order to have a theory, you must be able to conduct an experiment in a controlled environment. You cannot take a species, and change it into another species, it isn't possible. [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=indigo]Well, you definatly could try. Actually they are trying with fruitflies. They actually have already made one big leap. A professor at UCLA or Berkly (I don't remember whch I saw it on a "Comics Come To Life" special on TLC) created a false enviornment in which fruit flies were forced to mate at a later period during their life span. The fruit flies adapted to this enviornemental change and drastically increased their life span, which perpetuated to their offspring. This adaptation carried on even when the fruit flies were incorparated back into a normal enviornment where other flies had about half the normal life span. I would definatly call that an acheivement in Macro-evolution.

However, if you wanted to experiment on one species evolving into another you could easily create an experiment and observe an attempt to recreate evolution on a large scale, it would just take several million years of observation.

I do understand what you mean by stating that believing in either divine creation or Darwinism takes a degree of faith. It is a good outlook to have, regardless of what you believe in.

On another note, my high school literature classes taught the basic principles of the major religions (including various creation belifes) just so we would have a better understanding ot the literature we read. In my biology class they taught the principles of Darwinism (I was lucky enough to have a teached that emphasized that Darwinism is by no means a fact) so I guess in school I had recieved a good mix of both.[/color]