Maully Posted September 9, 2003 Posted September 9, 2003 Oh my god, I love that play. Congrats. Don't worry about singing, straight theatre is more fun in my opinion. My favorite that I have ever been in is Damn Yankees.
PloKoonDS Posted September 9, 2003 Posted September 9, 2003 Fiddler on the Green > All other theatrical performances. rwar ~Plo
Queen Asuka Posted September 9, 2003 Posted September 9, 2003 [color=hotpink][size=1]Well, I want to know who got casted...Anywho... When I was in kindergarden, I was in a nursery rhyme play in which I starred as [b]Little Miss Muffet.[/b] I had the cutest dress. But I remember so well...I messed up my lines. I was supposed to say "Dear, oh dear! I'm so afraid of spiders!" There's no telling what really came out, but I remember not saying that. Oh well...[/color][/size]
Maully Posted September 10, 2003 Posted September 10, 2003 Now i am curious what it may have been you said... and so it goes. Are you asking who got cast as the lead in the Original's play?? I am also curious, do you even have understudy status, cause uh, I know some people who know some people... jk
Defcon5 Posted September 11, 2003 Posted September 11, 2003 [QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Molleta [/i] [B]Oh my god, I love that play. Congrats. Don't worry about singing, straight theatre is more fun in my opinion. My favorite that I have ever been in is Damn Yankees. [/B][/QUOTE] Sigh, if only the rest of the world thought that. It's so hard to find auditions for a straight play in community theater, everybody would rather do musicals. O well, i'll just wow em with my acting!
JCBaggee Posted September 11, 2003 Posted September 11, 2003 [color=red][size=1][font=arial]Ah, I get to speak of my theater "career"...or something. 4th Grade -- "The Inside Pitch" I was Randy, the...uhm...lead, I think. 9th Grade -- "You Can't Take It With You" I was Mac, or Guy 2. Very small part, only 2 lines. 11th Grade -- "The Great Pandemonium" I was Jarred Nusthorp, a director of a high school play who's slowly going insane. "Little Women" Mr. March, the proud papa! 12th Grade -- "Last Stop 'til Christmas" I played Gray suit in this...horrible play. "Snow White & The Seven DWarves" I was the mirror! Awesome role that let me show my vocal talent. "Toys 'R' Alive" Millionaire Mike, the James Bond knock-off action figure. (Don't knock it, I got thisclose to a really cute friend of mine ^_^) Pending -- "And Then There Were None..." Wargrave! I finally get to play a bad guy! Well, that's about it. Oh, and best of luck with your part, Original. --Chris[/color][/size][/font]
Emme888 Posted September 11, 2003 Posted September 11, 2003 We just had auditions on Monday....Won't find out about call backs until next week...*sighs* I hope i make it!!! I've been doing plays at school and the local playhouse theater since I was like in 6th grade...I love it! it's so fun. Good luck hope you make it!!
Demonic Angel Posted September 11, 2003 Posted September 11, 2003 Well, im going on a field trip in a theatre in Sept. 17 to this theatre called Alex Theatre. I dunno what we're going to watch but i hope it'll be fun. ^_^
Maully Posted September 11, 2003 Posted September 11, 2003 Emme888, What play did you audition for? Do you have a preferred part you're going for?
thethespian Posted November 18, 2003 Posted November 18, 2003 Theatre is basically my life!!!!!!!!! I LOVE IT SOO MUCH!!! Being on stage just sends me on an Ultimate High! I've been doing it since Kindergarten, and i aspire to be in a major motion picture. I have an agent already so i'm already on my way to accomplish my dream!!! YAHHOOOOO! Alright so here's all the show type stuff i've done. Kindergarten: The Magic School Bus Lost in Space, Arnold 1st-3rd grade, i didn't really do much though i did small things, like make some home movies and stuff. I also did "The Trouble with Swindlers" as a swindler. Fourth grade: Willy Wonka, Mr. Beareguard Fifth Grade: Kids For Kids, Chorus Grease, Teen Angel and Tom Sound Of Music, Kurt Snow White, Doc Sixth Grade: Sound of Music (a lot bigger production than before), Friedrich Friedrich (completely different play), Friedrich A Broadway Revue, Danny in the Grease part of it, and chorus in Oliver The Secret Garden, Dreamer Child Show Choir Seventh Grade: The Music Man, Teen Chorus (major production) Revenge of The Space Pandas, The Retainer (a space soldier) Show Choir Jazz Choir I also had an audition for an industrial movie but i wasn't the type of person they were looking for so i didn't make it. I've also had some acting classes with my agent this year. I'm in seventh grade right now, so I'm sure there will be a lot more plays to come this year. Our school is holding auditions for Guys and Dolls soon. I want to audition for Sky.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now