OtakuBoards

Ragnarok

Assassin

[size=1][color="666666"]
[b]Ragnarok is a manga that you are able to buy at tokyopop.com[/b]
Does any one know anything about his series? What is your likes and dislikes about this anime. Would you recomend it to anyone.

It would help if when you reply to put a review about the anime. Also you may ask questions and other stuff about this anime/manga. Have a nice post.
[/size][/color]

I'm a big fan of Ragnarok, I've bought every book released so far.

It has a great story, artwork, and I just like the overall style of it. It mixes Norse mythology with anime, to creat a very cool, imaginative, world, along with a wonderful cast of characters.

My favorite character, so far, has to be Loki, or the assassin's guild.

But what really surprises me is that the Rangnarok manga isn't even Japanese, but Korean.
Tokyopop has released other Korean manga's too, including my current favorite, "Priest."

As for Ragnarok, I would highly recomend it. If you like Record of Lodoss War, and other such stories, its a good bet that you'd love Ragnarok.

But that's just my opinion.:D

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Aoshi Shinimori [/i]
[B][size=1][color="666666"]
Thank's to both of you. But what about the main character. I mean like in the manga do they fight , get hurt, or just explore.[/size][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Well there is alot of both. But there are deffinately more battle scenes, than exploring.

As for the main character, Chaos, he's a Rune Knight who knows nothing about his past. Later, as the story progresses we get to learn more about him, and watch his power grow.

All the other characters have deep storylines also, but I don't want to reveal too much.

Nah, most of the main characters are introduced in the first volume.
All except for Loki.

Plus you get to learn some interesting stuff about the gods, Chaos's past, what Ragnarok is, and the overall storyline.

Its a good book, so check it out.

I just got the first two volumes last week, and I think I'm gonna die if I don't get another one this week. It's just great. I love the style most of all, and the story and characters are excellently done... Grrrr... need... more.... Ragnarok....

[color=silver][font=times new roman][b]Ragnarok is a very good fantasy series...Ive read several of the volumes (Hopefully next pay day ill pick up a few more... :rolleyes: )
And the action is great...It has pretty decent characterizations as well...

I find it interesting how long the series is suppose to be...Like 30 - 50+ volumes I heard somewhere...

Oh and oddly enough theres a MMORPG very loosley based on the series...I say very loosley because even though its named after it the only thing shares in common with the manga is the writer/artist designed all the monsters/characters in the game...

Well enough of my blabbing its an excellent series and I highly reccomend it :D [/color][/font][/b]

[color=hotpink][size=1]Okay well, you know what Greek and Roman mythology is right? It's what the Greeks and Romans believe to be true. They believed in all those multiple gods and those histories as their own.

Same with Norse mythology. It's like that. There is a god of war, goddess of this, god of that. They are all pretty much comparable. Norse is just the most interesting of them in my opinion because I'm partial to where it originates from. *Shrugs*

There is Chaos and there is Fenris. They sort of overlap later on in the series. It's amazing, though. There are lots of awesome plot twists and fun stuff. And it's graphically beautiful. But if you don't like fantasy stuff, don't get it.

But I'm telling you, it's one of the better series out there.[/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B][color=hotpink][size=1]No, it doesn't have Greek gods in it at all. There are characters who have to do with Norse mythology, which is the most interesting of them all. If you're not into that stuff, then don't buy it. But it's a REALLY good series.[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

Just to clarify what QA said.. It's along the lines of the mythology of Odin, the Valkaryies and many characters of that nature if you know about them. But I have all the volumes up to date and I just absolutely love it. Its just taking to much time to come out with them.
But also a few of the other characters that make the story good are Fenris Fenrir and Sara Irine..You find out about them in the 1st volume. But is is a must buy if you like that type of lore. SO GO BUY IT!!!

[color=crimson]I have all 9 issues that have come out where I live and I am patiently waiting for #10. I am big on mythology, so when I heard there was a manga based off my favorite, Norse, I was like "I have but a penny, but I will have it!" I went to Borders and sat and read the first issue. I really liked it. So, I eventually bought it.
The story is good and there is drama, humor, and fighting, which kept me interested. Also, there are ALOT of plot twists that keep the story going.
Oh, you don't have to study Norse mythology to understand this manga either, most of the stuff you need to know is explained in the books themselves.

~Lumi ^_^[/color]