OtakuBoards

The Stupids.

OlgaTheDwarf

I'm bored so I am going to start a thread about one of my favourite movie's [I]The Stupids[/I]. In my oppinion this movie is a work of pure genious, I have yet to see a movie that has topped this movies humor (although [I] Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Zoolander, UHF, Robin Hood Men In Tights,[/I] and [I]Kung-Pow: Enter the Fist[/I] all come in at a tying, second-place.) I won't be suprised if many of you haven't heard of this movie, I'm pretty sure it bombed when it came out, so it's not too popular, but I will always love it. I would also like to point out that if you have seen it no matter how much you hated it (not that you did) you can't deny that it had one of the greatest cameos ever, Christpher Lee (who many of you will know by his parts as Count Duku, and Saruman) as the made-up evil villain Sender! It also had many other memorable scenes such as, the scene where Stanly(the father) starts sing I'm my own Grandpa, or when Stanly and Petuna (the daughter) die (or so they think) and meet the maker The Lloyd ("All these years we've been saying it wrong!"). As you can probably tell by now I love this movie with a passion and would love to hear other people thoughts, good or bad (I just won't except the bad ones as true, thought out comments), about it.

• 4 weeks later...
[color=indigo]Well, unfortunately, Samgee and Olga forced me to watch this movie a while ago. There were a few funny parts, but I found most of it to be pretty boring. For me, those other movies that Olga listed top The Stupids by quite a bit. (And don't forget Brain Doners and Spaceballs, either; those are two are also a couple of my favorites).

When I watched The Stupids, I only laughed out loud a couple times. The rest of the time it was just...well...stupid. The kind of stupid where you can tell the people that made the movie were trying to be funny, but failed. Of course, I will admit it probably would have seemed a lot funnier if I had been tired and hyper on sugar and caffeine when I watched it, but I don't think that makes up for much.[/color]

• 2 weeks later...
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Desbreko [/i]
[B][color=indigo]Well,... fortunately, ...There were... funny parts,... I found most of it to be pretty...

When I watched The Stupids, I... laughed out loud... The rest of the time it was just...well...a lot funnier...[/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

Hey, Des I'm glad you liked it so much. Good times buddy... Goodtimes!