Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
Hm, this might be a little too complicated coding-wise. But do you think there might be a way to incorporate an option where we could get notified when certain people update their myOtaku's? Perhaps we could get an e-mail when the people on our Friends lists posted an update, or a little notification on our myOtaku homepage. Just an idea ... it'd be handy :).
Posted
It is a great idea and I know it is something that we have considering incorporating into myOtaku. We have tons of ideas and concepts that we wish to implement into myOtaku as well as the other Otaku websites. However, we also have run into some problems with getting the actual scripting part done for it.

It should only be a matter of time before myOtaku gets even better, new sites appear on theOtaku, etc :)
Posted
Yeah, I would love some kind of notification. It would be really helpful, especially for people who have really long Friends lists. Anyway, it's great to hear that you're working on it, as well as other new features. Yipee!!

~Dagger~
Posted
I think the best way of doing that would be to have a little symbol appear next to a person's name in your friends list whenever they update.

I made this as an example: [img]http://kangarugh.250free.com/update.jpg[/img]

Also, on OB, the button that says "Visit myOtaku" could change color in some way to notify that that person has updated.

Kinda like this: [img]http://kangarugh.250free.com/update2.jpg[/img]
Posted
[size=1]Ergh. /

I guess I don't care either way, but if such a thing were incorporated, it would be really nice if it were optional. Little "updated" icons on the friend list would get distracting, at least for me.[/size]
Posted
Personally, I don't think it's that hard to just click the names of those you want to check out and find it out for yourself lol. I have quite a few names on my list, but I'm not exactly one of those people who adds every last person's name I see. So I guess it's just not a problem for me.
Posted
It's not a problem for me, though I don't have millions of people on my buddy list, anyway. It might be helpful for the few that have tons of names on their buddy lists but, really, how many people actually have so many that they just can't check the names themselves?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...