OtakuBoards

Lizzie McGuire

Yu Yu Hakusho!

[color=deeppink][font=arial]I was reading a magazine that had a Hillary Duff interview and she was saying that her and Disney were having some problems, etc, and that there will be no more Lizzie McGuire episodes, just re-runs now. She said it had something to do with her "not liking the working enviornment..."
But anyway, I love the show personally, and I like Hillary a lot. She's from Houston like me (that I just found out reading the interview!)-which of course is so cool.
I haven't listened to her new record, Metamorphisis although I really want to.
Anyway, tell me what you think about the show, etc. Has anyone seen her in Agent Cody Banks? LOL, I loved that movie! ^^;;[/color][/font]

[size=1] Agent Cody Banks? I hate that movie!

O_o No offense, but I really did. I was dragged into watching it because I had to look after my mom's friend's third grade daughter.

I am definately [i]not[/i] a fan of Hillary Duff, and I rarely watch the Disney channel, but she's a decent actor and singer. I guess she's gotten extremely popular, with her album selling quickly, and the fact that she has gotten #1 on TRL for two consecutive days. I don't think there's any point in me making fun of Hillary, because she's achieved many things other people don't.

But like I said, I am not one of her fans and will never be one of her fans.[/size]

[color=tomato] UG. I don't know why, but for some reason I cannot STAND Hillary Duff. I can't explain it, kind of like my fascination with Orks. (LOTR)
My friend Jen says that she is fake, but I'm not sure that's it. I just don't know! :)
The show is cute eventhough she is NOT that young. heh.[/color]

[font=arial][color=deeppink]
Oh well, people like who they like. My good friend [i]despises[/i] Cody Banks....^^;;
But I guess I'm just a girly-girl, one big reason why I like Hillary so much. Her show is what really drove me to like her in the first place.
O.O Your friend said she was fake? In what way? Like in singing or something...? I actually thought that she was like Avril, had an ok voice but made it sound good with all the special tech. stuff you can do to music nowadays. Hmmm...maybe so. But I can't just go around and say that Hillary can't sing and that it's all computers.
I just think that Hillary is so pretty. A lot of guys tell me that they like her. She looks almost exactly like me in the body, I sware, just a totally different face. It's odd...
(lol, I can't even tell if she is a real blonde or not...)[/font][/color]

The fact that she's not part of the show anymore has been known for quite some time. I said it in that other thread too, and seemingly no one else knew it. She basically just wanted more money from what I read back then. This "working environment" thing sounds like just an excuse because of it.

She's actually close in age to her character on the show. Lizzie is supposed to be around 13, and Hilary Duff was 14 or 15 when the show ended. For some reason, everybody thinks she's a lot older than that. She was probably 13 when the show started, though. Disney doesn't like to age the characters on their TV shows in real-time (ie. characters get a year older when the actors get a year older). That's probably why Shia LeBeouf is 17 and played a 12 year old for [i]a couple of years[/i] on Even Stevens.

I think Lizzie McGuire is a nice show and all. I've seen a few episodes, and I'm sure I'd like it too, if I were still 12. There aren't that many shows in Lizzie McGuire's genre (live-action pre-teen comedy) these days, and this show beats some of the alternatives.

I'm not really a fan of Hilary Duff, but I can respect her for what she's doing. I mean, she's just a kid trying to get hers. She's a decent actress (singing needs work), but she can only get better with experience.

[color=hotpink][size=1]I used to LOVE this show. Actually, I still like the show. I just dislike Hilary Duff. She's gotten this big head now and she thinks that she's too good for Disney channel and that she's sexy enough to be on MTV. How old is she, 14? She wont last long, I hope she realizes that.[/color][/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Semjaza Azazel [/i]
[B]The fact that she's not part of the show anymore has been known for quite some time. I said it in that other thread too, and seemingly no one else knew it. She basically just wanted more money from what I read back then. This "working environment" thing sounds like just an excuse because of it. [/B][/QUOTE]
[font=arial][color=deeppink]You're probably right.
But as for what you said, Asuka-san, I sort of agree, sort of don't. Maybe what I've read about her or what she has said doesn't really go with how she is. She says she doesn't want to have the "sexy" image of hardly having any clothes on (in her videos) and things like that, but I'm sure she's pretty happy about being on MTV. I'm sure she'd run around naked in a music video if someone wanted her to do, even if she says she wants to have a "clean" image....
I just hope all this fame and stuff doesn't get to her head (like you said, it already had...^^;;), although the interviews want to make her sound normal. I'm sure that she's a brat/snob in some way.
And yeah, now she is 15 and she's about to turn 16 sometime in September. All she can think about (she says) is getting a car, after talking about her sister's Mercedes SUV....[/font][/color]

[size=1][QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B][color=hotpink][size=1]She's gotten this big head now and she thinks that she's too good for Disney channel and that she's sexy enough to be on MTV. How old is she, 14? She wont last long, I hope she realizes that.[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

:P I agree with you on that. I don't think she'll last long at [i]all[/i]...

Her voice also annoys me. I heard while watching a re-run of the VMAs, and she was announcing some winner. It was like the two other people were blocking her out of the way....very amusing.[/size]

I've heard a few of her songs, and I just found it odd. They're not badly written or played by that genre's standards... but I just don't get how anyone cannot realize how synthesized her voice is in all of those songs. I saw the closing scene of her movie as well, and it had the same thing.

I've not heard a female singer in quite some time that seemingly relies on production and computer help as much as she does. I know some groups make it really obvious that they are using computers along with their voice. Cher has done that in the past, among others... but this seems like they're almost trying to conceal it, but barely can.

So I wonder how she sounds without all that. I'm guessing not so hot.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Yu Yu Hakusho! [/i]
[B][font=arial][color=deeppink] She says she doesn't want to have the "sexy" image of hardly having any clothes on (in her videos) and things like that, but I'm sure she's pretty happy about being on MTV. I'm sure she'd run around naked in a music video if someone wanted her to do, even if she says she wants to have a "clean" image...[/font][/color] [/B][/QUOTE]

[color=hotpink][size=1]Brittney Spears said the same exact thing, and look at her name. Biggest slut in the industry, practically. Pretty soon she'll have to give up the "clean" image. They'll say "Sex sells. If you don't dress sexier, no one will want you." And by then she'll be so desperate for money, popularity, and fame, she'll go right along with it. She's 14. They can manipulate her any way they really want to.

As for GORDO, he is my favorite character. You've always got to love Gordo. And Miranda is nice, too. So is Matt, lol. And Matt's friend, the one that never talks.[/color][/size]

I must admit, I don't like Hillary Duff at all. She doesn't strike me as a particularly good or interesting actress, and she doesn't seem to really have a talent for comedy. Maybe I'm lacking in the sense of humor department, but Lizzie McGuire is one of the least funny shows I've ever seen.... and it tries pretty dang hard, too.

I feel the same way about her that I feel about Avril Lavigne. Her image seems somewhat manufactured.

~Dagger~

Yeah well, I agree with maladjusted, Queen Asuka, and Semjaza Azazel. Actually I was gonna say the same comment about Brinyny Spears as QA did but then I saw her post. It's true, I mean remember when Brintny first came out? She was all inocent and dressing up in pigtails. And now well, let's just say one of her's songs titles is "I'm a slave 4 you". Oh wow, that sounds so nice and clean. Same with Christina Agulira. How much you wanna bet that by the times she's 18 she won't be little miss clean anymore? If her carer last that long that is. Which proably will happen I just wish it wouldn't.

My friend thinks that just the way she looks is fake. With the "in goth/punk(or what ever it is)" in her videos. I dunno; I can't really comment on that. I've only seen one.

I saw an episode or two (try a frickin' merathon, heh) when I was babysitting once, and She looked a lot older than everyone else. The show gave me the immpression that they were in lower middle school, and I thought she was 14-15ish at the time.

Sorry about the spelling thing,(orc, ork whatever ! :) ) I am NOT a fanatic!

::therock::

[size=1] Hm....I just thought of this.

I basically think everyone in Lizzie McGuire is amusing except for Lizzie. She annoys me.

God, no. Hillary Duff dressing sexy? No offense, but she doesn't have the body.

Sex sells when people who have big breasts, abs, tiny waists, and nice legs dress sexy. [i.e. BRITNEY SPEARS] Hillary is what...14? She might try it, but I don't think it'll work.[/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Queen Asuka [/i]
[B][color=hotpink][size=1]Brittney Spears said the same exact thing, and look at her name. Biggest slut in the industry, practically. Pretty soon she'll have to give up the "clean" image. They'll say "Sex sells. If you don't dress sexier, no one will want you." And by then she'll be so desperate for money, popularity, and fame, she'll go right along with it. She's 14. They can manipulate her any way they really want to.

As for GORDO, he is my favorite character. You've always got to love Gordo. And Miranda is nice, too. So is Matt, lol. And Matt's friend, the one that never talks.[/color][/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

This is due to the fact that Spears is a freaking slut. On the other hand, I myself can't stand Lizzies singing. She should have stuck to acting.

[size=1]I find myself watching a lot of Disney Channel shows, and even though Lizzie McGuire isn't my favorite or anything I find it pretty enjoyable. It reminds me of "Clarissa Explains It All," so in that respect it brings back a lot of fond memories. The characters are pretty amusing, especially Gordo and Miranda. It's a shame that Miranda left the show so suddenly, but she always felt like a 5th wheel to Lizzie, Matt and Gordo anyway.

I like the episode where Lizzie starts dating her paperboy, and her friends feel left out. When I saw it I was going through a similar experience, and by the end of the show I learned a valuable lesson about friendship. It's kind of odd how I can learn so many lessons by watching Disney Channel shows; I've never had that problem by watching Invader Zim.

-Shy[/size]