OtakuBoards

Soul Calibur II

Sephiroth

I dont have the game but a I play it at a frinds houe but im really good with Taki ( on gamecube version. I just like her combos although her secream is a little annoying. And ive thought about entering a tourney but, my mom wont take me that far just to play a video game.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My friend rented the gamecube version and, since I was stuck at his house all day, I had to play it. I'm usually not that big a fan of un-2d fighters like tekken, virtua fighter, or soul calibur, but I thought SC2 was...er....ok. I still think matches go by way too quickly because of the arena sizes. I do like xia...huang....well whatever her name is, because of her kung fu sword style. I thought the weapon master mode was a cool idea, but I hated the writing in it. It was really corny and stupid. Sure the game has a lot of moves per person, but most never show up and people use the same handful of moves over and over. And on a side note raphael is a chap cheap bastard.

• 4 weeks later...
Raphel is cheap. Kilik can be hard to beat at times, and Talim is annoying when she talks. I love to be Ivy, cause she rocks. Her alternate red dress outfir it the coolest one. the stages and moves are awesome, but it is like any fighting game (MK deadly Alliance) when the biggest moves are almost impossible to achieve. I like to play with a joystick in the arcade and not the controller. On the machine on campus, I was 8th in my Conquest Mode Army the lst time i checked. Im a little bummed that the PS2 graphics are not as good as Xbox, but ah im loyal.
Death to Cassandra! ;)

I love soul Calibur 2, but I don't like some of their english voices (like Talim's, that voice drives me crazy, and Xianghua sounds like a brat :P) Cassandra and Xianghua are awesome however, alogn with Sophitia. Can't stand Seung Mina tho, damn her.

But kilik! My oh my, he's not bad looking, and his weapon makes it very easy to win, I've only lost like once or twice playing him.

Weapon master is kinda fun, i like winning gold and then scouting the shops for special features (not just weapons) like the art gallery and such.

And btw, YOSHIMITSU IS AWESOME! There's soemthing about that bandit that just makes me love him (espcially his line 'i shall assist in your suicide.' tht just sounds cool).

• 2 months later...
I've seen this game everywhere, Korean TV channels, the news, game sites, it is indeed an excellent fighting game. I have tried it on Ps2 and Xbox, and it is an addicting game, hehe. I usually just use Nightmare and play with a friend, have some fun for a while.

This game shows explicit detail/graphics that amazed me when i first saw it.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest ScirosDarkblade
I own the game for GCN, and enjoyed its single-player story mode. However, after a couple of weeks of multiplayer, I was done for good. First of all, the game is ridiculously easy and I can buttonmash my way through even Extremely Hard on it if I feel like it. It's just that there's barely any learning curve at all unless you feel like torturing yourself by playing with Ivy (which I did for a time). Additionally there's 0 balance between characters. Some are clearly better than others. Sophitia is just plain weaker as a fighter than Kilik or Yunsung (argue if you like, but then you'll be wrong).

At this point I'm more into DOA3 for Xbox because although it's even more of a buttonmasher-friendly game, it just plain looks better and doesn't have "ring outs" which ruined 15% of all SC2 matches for me (or my opponent). It's also far more balanced because all characters are so similar in terms of range/power/speed. Some have more power less speed, but the counter system serves as an equalizer of sorts (like guard impacts do in SC2, but not as well).

My main beef with SC2 is it's just not that fun to play, and just a pain to watch. Fights in it don't look like "fights" as much as people slicing each other back and forth. They all look very amateurish. On the other hand, I'd hate having to take one someone from Killer Instinct or DOA. Those people are real "fighters," and their fights look plain brutal at times.

• 7 months later...
Anyone ever play Soul Caliber 2? This game is AWSOME!!! :D I like ti play as Sueng Mina. Talim is cool too. But what i don't like, is how most of the girls wear dresses so when you knock them down, THEIR UNDERWEAR SHOWS!!!!!! It's wrong. But, over looking that, it's a great game that sports beautiful grafics and realism. It also features great combos, missions, and multiplayer action. And depending on which version you get, you could play with link, this master ninja guy, or this big monster.(Idon't know their names because I only have the game cube version)
Please forgive me. But it's a great game and i encourage anyone who loves to play fighting games to purchase or rent this game as soon as you can.

[color=#4B0082]Merged this with the original thread. In the future, please do a search to check if there's already an older thread about a game before you post a new one. - [i]Desbreko[/i][/color]

I've played this game on PS2 and thought it was awesome. I've been meaning to buy it on GCN because it is only $50 and you can play as Link from Zelda. As far as showing underwear it happens in a lot of games. In Shadow Hearts, one of the greatest RPGs, if you equip Alice with a certain item and then cast a specific spell then it shows her in pink underwear.