OtakuBoards

My Yami piccy

Mina

K, my version of Y.Malik.
I don't like this one at all. He looks depressed and his eyes are too big for his face. And the shading on his lips is under average. His face proportions are off and the eye on his forehead wasn't originally there, but now it stays as a tribute to my horrific computer art.

Well, this is like nothing compared to [I]someone[/I] else's art, but I decided to postit anyway.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Meteora [/i]
[B][color=darkblue][size=1][i]Wow that's an awsome drawing. I like it a lot. You may say that it looks bad, but I think its great. Keep posting them.[/color][/size][/i] [/B][/QUOTE]
Meteora, I'm going to tell you again, and I'm going to keep telling you until you use what I say in your future posts. You [i]must[/i] expand on all of your critiques and comments on the artwork in the Art and Design forums. Saying that a drawing is awsome siply won't cut it anymore; explain what parts of it appeal to you, what can be improved in it, etc. I see that you have been posting a lot, but try not to make yourself do such in every single thread. If you can't critique it, then [i]just don't post[/i]. I'll give you an example of an acceptable critiquing below.

Your art isn't that bad, but there is always room for improvement. ^_^ The shading, for one, really isn't as bad as you say it is. I like how everything blends together so nicely, and it's really a highlight of the picture. The only shading that could be done just a little better is the shading around his hair strands in the left of the picture, the part around the emblem on his head which is rather light, and his ear which is portrayed sort of flat. One part of the picture that I noticed needs the most improvement are the line shapes. Everything seems so square-ish, and you should try to round everything off better. Also, it seems that his right eyebrow (our left) is backwards or something, at least in comparison to the other.

Overall, it's a decent image, I'd say. You can make out everything just fine, and he looks like what he's supposed to, there are just a few things that you can do to make it look slightly better. :)

Thanks for teh comments ^-^

I thought the blending looked a bit patchy and I just noticed the eyebrow thingy. And about the eye on the forehead, it was a failed attempt to make it all glowy.

The reason it looks squarish is because I was too lazy to work my mouse right, so I used the line tool to outline.
Will make improvements on next piece, thanks.

[size=1][color="666666"]
Very good Mina although some things I sugest you work on no offense.
Head : The head os Malik seems to be, hmm what should the word be, lets just used messed up. When you look at it the left jaw looks kinda off.
Eyes: If you notice the right eye is slightly smaller than the left eye.

Other than that great work. Sorry I am just trying to help and trying to give suggestions. Please don't take it in a bad way the drawing is great but I will give it a 8/10.
[/size][/color]

[QUOTE]Very good Mina although some things I sugest you work on no offense.
Head : The head os Malik seems to be, hmm what should the word be, lets just used messed up. When you look at it the left jaw looks kinda off.
Eyes: If you notice the right eye is slightly smaller than the left eye.

Other than that great work. Sorry I am just trying to help and trying to give suggestions. Please don't take it in a bad way the drawing is great but I will give it a 8/10[/QUOTE]

Heh, thank you. I won't take offense just because you told me how to make my art look better. ^-~

[QUOTE][I]Originally posted by Rhys Mayiessen [/I]
Who's this someone you're referring to?
[/QUOTE]

I was talking about you. Plleeeese tell me how you draw his eyes.

I also put this up on meh Deviantart, if anyone wants to see the full piccy.