OtakuBoards

Silver/Gold version

Belldandy Angel

Guest Crimson Spider
O.K. To get Lugia and Ho-oh, you must get the silver and raindbow wings respectivly.

To get into blackthorn, you first must defeat Team Rocket in Mohogany town... I think it's Mahogany. The one with pryce. Well, after you beat the Rockets there, you go to Goldenrod and beat them there at the radio tower. After beating the radio tower, you can get the first wing to your version, and go to Blackthorn.

[COLOR=royalblue]i am still confuzzled. i have both versions. i have the rainbow wing in the gold and silver wing in the silver.but i still can't find lugia or ho-oh!:flaming: :therock: Crimson Spider, you still didn't explain how to GET to blackthorn. it's through the Ice Cave, right? if it is, I CAN'T GET THROUGH! darn that game!i won't let me win!humph.[/COLOR]

[color=indigo]Ho-oh is at the top of the Burnt Tower, and Lugia can be found down in a cave in the Whirl Islands. As has been said, you need the Silver Wing for Lugia to be there, and the Rainbow Wing for Ho-oh to be there.

And yes, you get to Blackthorn City by going through the ice cave. I forget exactly how you get through, seeing as it's been years since I did it, but I remember it was pretty tricky with some of the puzzles where you have to slide around on the ice. Just keep at it, and you'll get through eventually. Or, if you're [i]really[/i] stuck, you could look up a walkthrough on the net.[/color]

[color=indigo]Well, I don't remember anything about the Burnt Tower, so I can't help you with that. With Lugia, though, I'm pretty sure you can get to him from any of the entrances to the Whirl Islands. So there isn't just one cave that you go through, you have to find the right way through all of the Whirl Island caves. I do know that he's on the lowest level of the caves, however, so you'll want to be heading down as much as you can.

I also remember that when you get to the lowest level, you're on this little bit of ground with water on either side. If you Surf on the water and head up, you'll come to a little doorway thing. Through it is a little room with a pool of water where you'll find Lugia.[/color]

[color=darkblue]Just for future reference, try not to double-post, BA. I had to edit that last one for you.

Actually, Lugia can be located in the South-Western cave of the Whirl Islands if you feel like going through it quickly. Just make sure you have room in your Box and an Escape Rope handy, because he's more than likely going to wear you down no matter what level he's at. Depending on what version you have, it'll be 40 or 70, but the level 40 version has Aeroblast and they both have Recover, so eh.

The Elite Four is a relatively easy lot if you have the right team. Just go in with a relatively balanced group and you should come out on top. Here's a little guide to help:

[b]Will:[/b] Psychic-type trainer; I'd mainly go Electric on him, but have a Pokémon with a Fire-type move to take out his Exeggutor.

[b]Koga:[/b] Poison/Bug-type trainer; A nice Fire-type like Typhlosion, Charizard, or even Magmar would do wonders.

[b]Bruno:[/b] Fighting/Rock-type trainer; A good Flyer like Pidgeot with Fly will do the trick here, but bring a Water or Ice-type for his Onixes.

[b]Karen:[/b] Dark-type trainer; Supposedly, but really more of a kaleidascope trainer. Just use a Typhlosion with Flamethrower and Earthquake or a similar Pokémon with similar moves and you'll be fine.

[b]Champion Lance:[/b] Dragon-type trainer: Ice-types are a must. I would say Lapras, but the speed's not too keen, and Lance is infamous for his Hyper Beams. If you have a Feraligator, be sure to teach it Ice Punch, and be sure to stock up on Revives, because kamikaze Pokémon are pretty sure-fire if you're not high-level.[/color]

[color=darkblue]It's all right this time.

I would try to have your lowest level Pokémon at 35-37. That way, even if you're at a slight disadvantage level-wise, you can still go down fighting.[/color]