OtakuBoards

What is your favorite gundam/character?

Belldandy Angel

*looks at the kawaii bishi pic under her name* *sighs*
definately Duo, no questions comments or pursuesions (sp?) needed to change that fact. Also, for some strange reason this particular pilot reminds me of my husband:love: (except for obvious differences including, eye color, hair color and the 3-D vs 2-D persona)
One thing I admire in his character is his resilliance. For example, Duo had a really crappy childhood. He was an orphan, he lost his childhood friend. And then when he was still young he witnessed more people who he cared about die infront of him.
Yet, for all that he still has his since of humor and an ability to look on the somewhat brighter side. He can even crack an off-hand joke in a dark moment One of my favorite Duo Maxwell quotes is -Great, I can't even die right!
However, he also has a dark side (ie Shinigami-the god of death.) I think I'm remembering this right, but if I'm not, let me know. [spoiler]The nick name Shinigami came from when he was at Maxwell Church, which coincidentally is how Duo took his last name. One of the nuns asked him if he believed in God and young Duo replied that he only believed in the god of death. Maxwell church is also how he got his braid. It has somethingto do with him not wanting to get his hair cut, but it was alsways getting in his face.[/spoiler]
In this dark side he becomes a soldier, not as 'perfect' as Hiiro (who can't even kill stupid Relena :mad: ) but someone who can do his job no questions asked. I liked the second episode where they (hiiro and Duo) meet [spoiler] he's using Deathscyth to try and take whatever Hiiro's Gundam is.[/spoiler]
Face it, Duo's just cool, I can't think of much else to add since I'm getting sleepy.

However, my favorite Gundam is probably Wing Zero or whatever the one was from Endless waltz that had the wings. Go figure

i agree that Duo is definatly cool and i like him loads - but for me none rise above Heero.
if it wasn't for Duo in the second episode then Heero would have killed relena. i mean Duo SHOT Heero. TWICE. and so Heero couldn't kill relena - not after she was so nice (:sick: ) to him as he is a perfect gentleman as well as soldier so it wouldn't be proper of him to kill her after that. anywho they did kinda need relena (:mad: :mad: ) for the whole keeping peace *bashes head on wall*.

us two have the pick of the bunch - we need a third and fourth for trowa and quatre (wufei is not required:laugh: ) and our circle will be complete. Just look at my little piccy to the side and tell me that he's not got charm (hey a gun is charm!). damn he looks good in uniform - just see attached file and you'll see what i mean. Duo and all the boys are in it so...... do take a peak.

[QUOTE]TWICE. and so Heero couldn't kill relena - not after she was so nice ( ) to him as he is a perfect gentleman as well as soldier so it wouldn't be proper of him to kill her after that. anywho they did kinda need relena ( ) for the whole keeping peace *bashes head on wall*.[/QUOTE]

you don't like relena do you, mysticheero? well, i personally think she's alright....hehe...but that's me....i think everyone's alright as long as they are sane...sorta...well....if any of you saw my post way before, you'll know that i chose heero.....so that's double for him....

nice pic...dja get it from animeshrine? just wondering...i saw it there....i think(thinks about it)

actually i downloaded it off of my dvd of endless waltze.

YAY for Heero. (kart-wheeling around the room going woohoo)

no i don't like relena. she is alright at times but when she's all lovy-dovy over Heero i just want to smack her senseless. :blackeye: .
i do like it when Heero either ignres her (that must be hard as she is so damn annoying) or just death glares her (yay >.<).
there is one episode (#48 i believe) where Heero is really sweet towards relena which is one of the very few episodes that i like relena in so.........:therock:
as for people who are sane.. erm... well... i's best be going now...:nervous: :confuse2: ......

he.. he.. :freak:

mmm nice attachment of Heero.:love:

Out of all the Gundam characters, WuFei has to be my favorite. I see a lot of myself in him; the firey temper, sullen stubbornness, passion for learning, and especially the arguementative nature. Of all the pilots, he was the only one willing to do more than simply question their 'mission', and, finding no answer that satisfied him, made his own purpose. Independence is the thing I prize most highly (as an insolent teenager and all that), and through tha I identify most with WuFei.

i's be agreeing with you. WuFei does have his good points and i don't hate him - he's just not amoung my favourites that's all. for me Heero just spells out everything i like. He's quiet natured, caring (though he rarely shows it during missions cuz of the whole emotions getting in the way and being the Perfect Soldier).
He's well focused and doesn't complain - even if it's clear that he doesn't agree with something - and he's got this calming sense about him that you could just fall into and never want to come out of.
on the whole - it's Heero Yuy all the way for me.
i will give credit to all of the other pilots:
Chang, WuFei;
Duo Maxwell;
Quatre Reberba Winner;
Trowa Barton;

- because they to deserve it. (well just look at me! i'm getting all phillisophical and all... never saw that one coming.)

:drunk: well i'll just have to go back to watching marathons of Gundam Wing A/C:excited: :excited:

shame relena's in it - being her usual annoying self - i mean what was with the whole shouting across the beach for Heero to come and kill her?!?!?! (i wish he had) that girl needs to check herself into a hospital or something.
i know what i would love to do to her or for someone - anyone - to do to her:modrod:

here's a nice little piccy i found of the G-boys, so take a look at the cuteness. LOL

i like to think that Heero is much like another guy in X.Maybe you haven't heard of him-Kamui. Both are not outgoing and have a problem expressing their feelings to the ones they love. I think Relena is plain S-T-R-A-N-G-E. She just is....is weirdo. If she likes Heero, why'd she tell him[as mysticheero said]?that's all.

Kamui?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! are you kiding - i love Kamui he is well cool!! i own X on DVD which has some great advantages of the pause button. >.o
what's with relena ripping up Heero's letter and telling him to give it her himself - what a *****!! she knows he's not too good at showing his feelings and she goes and does that!!!:flaming:
man i wish someone would just shoot her. shame Mariemaia stepped in the way of that bullet aimed for her in endless waltz.:bawl: :bawl:

it's nice to know i'm not alone - everyone around here (as in my college) has gone wierd and is liking relena!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:nervous: :eek: i hope it's not catching:nervous:
here's a cute little chibi for's ye Belldandy Angel - hope ye's be liking it. LOL

BTW belldandy angel, don't double post....just edit....yeah...

Kamui isn't wierd!!!!!! i totally think he is kewl...nice picture mysticheero...did you just find it or something b/c it is A-D-O-R-A-B-L-E!!!!!!!! sorry....i saw the DVD too....

ok...enough off topic..if anyone else has something to say about Kamui..pm me or make a new thread in anime lounge...

on with peoples opinion...

• 4 weeks later...
Hey to ElrickOtaku. I totallly agree that a battle between Trieze and Zechs would rock. I mean it would be much better than that battle between WuFei and Trieze - for starters Zechs doesn't think that *everything* is an injustice or ramble on about how he can not fight "weaker" beings than himself!!!
Anywho, DevilishAngel glad to know that you like the picture - i can't remember where i got it, i think my friend emailed it me so i'll have to ask her.:smirk: that should be fun. LOL.
to inferno I like the Deathscythe custom as well and it's kind of the devil version of Heero's Wing Zero don't ye think. Hey that just gave me the sweetest picture of Heero and Duo....... um.. sorry got a little side tracked by that picture.... erm where was I...
Anywho as I was going to say..
KILL RELENA - no-one will miss her!!! But then there would be no-one to keep world peace. Damn to the depths on that one!!! :evil3:
To Duorocks17 and all other who like Duo and Heero here's apicture that suits us both - gotta love those Preventers' uniforms! LOL.

[i][color=lightpink]It would have been a good fight!!!!! Trieze and Zechs going at it! But I think they would actually get into a stupid fight first on who smells prettier. *sighs* But that would be so cute.[/i][/color]

As you of probably guessed by the name, my favorite Gundam Wing character is Zechs Merquise. He has a very interesting background and the story of Gundam Wing revolves around him a lot toward the end of the series. He is always cool and calm, and is a talented warrior, despite the fact that he is both Zechs Merquise and Milliardo Peacecraft throughout the series. I prefer him as Lt. Zechs Merquise; the legendary OZ hero, than Milliardo Peacecraft; former ambassador of the Cinq Kingdom and leader of the White Fang.

My favorite Gundam... That's tough. The reason I started to watch Gundam Wing is because of the amazing machines in the series. I'd have to say Gundam Epyon. Not only does Zechs pilot it, but I also have an obsession with dragons (which the Epyon looks a lot like one). The huge beam saber and the heat whip are also two weapons that I particularly like :)

Favorite Gundam is hands down the GAT-X105 Strike Gundam! Dunno the name? Not surprising. Its from the latest Gundam series called Gundam Seed.

Next is the ZGMF-X10A Freedom Gundam. Lets just say this thing ownz.

And last but not least is the imfamous Wing Zero Custom. It needs no explaination.

[SIZE=4]Gundam Seed[/SIZE] > [SIZE=1]All other Gundams[/SIZE] ^^

Too determine a favorite pilot or Gundam is actually quite the hard task for me =\. Each Gundam series has it's own great gundams and characters but... One Gundam in particular that sparks my interest is the MBF-P02 Gundam Astray "Red Frame". The reason behind this uncanny interest would have to be that besides the standard Beam Sabers and Beam Rifle this mobile suit carries it has it's very own (non-energy) 'Gerbera Straight' katana! Now don't anyone try to tell me that is not plain out pimp ^_^.

Guest special
i like camile because in zz he reminds me of the empire of the space marines from war hammer 40k

zero blade i think that u should swich that
Gundam Seed > All other Gundams
to
[SIZE=4]gundam seed[/SIZE] >other gundams
to
[i][u][b][SIZE=4]old gundams[/SIZE][/b][/u][/i]>[SIZE=1]new gundams[/SIZE]

Though its disputable about whether or not its a gundam, I like Trieze and his refitted Tallgeese. Though it was a little short-lived, it was the only effective Earth-Sphere mobile suit, (the gundams were either colonial or neutral NOT Earth).

Plus, of course, Trieze was just a great and complex character. He even died in an elegant and dramatic manner.

• 3 weeks later...
My fave character is Duo Maxwell.
I love is outwardness and the way he seems to light up the worst situations, but at the same time Duo himself can be quite serious quoting " I am the GOd of Death". I think he shows more than he's telling and I also like his hiddden past at the Maxwell church. Plus the Deathscythe Hell Custom rocks! "Hell scisscors slash"

Though I love all the Gundams and their pilots as well as the others in the series, I have just got to say that Heero Yuy/Hiiro Yui is my aboslute fav. and so is his Wing Zero Gundam.
Yes Duo Maxwell and Deathscythe are wonderful but Hiiro just takes it all for me. I specifically love the specs on Wing as you find out that it literally is the best Gundam in terms of performance, strenght, agillity and all that. I also love the Zero System as it's just appealing - if it were real then I would definately want to at least try it. Oooooh! Feel the power! (0.o um I'm a little mad at the moment as I've had a total of, let me see 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. Um 6 cans of diet Coke but bare in mind that diet coke sends me through the loop and normal coke just calms me down and makes me sleepy - don't ask how as normal coke has more caffine in it. :therock: :confuse2: )

Anywho..... um..... oh yes! Hiiro Yui!!! The ultimate favourite in my book!!! Um.. now I've ran out of things to say. :smirk: Oh the irony. I - who never stops talking has ran out of things to say!!!!!
Anywho... bye!