OtakuBoards

Escaflowne...

Break

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Kaioshin [/i]
[B]Escaflowne is amazing!!!!! Or should I say was. I think they're still showing it on Foxs Kids in England. My favourite charcter would have to be Vaughn or Alan! Dalandou is an a**. He pisses me off, but then I found out he was actually Alan's sister so now I like him.

P.S. I'm sure it's Hitomi and not Katomi [/B][/QUOTE]

It's Van!

Escaflowne is on my top anime list. I saw all of it fansubbed actually before it was released. Definitely prefer it subtitled... horrible .. horrible dubbed version, IMHO.

If anyone is thinking of buying this series, go for the DVD.

BTW, the movie, well, art-wise, it was great. But I really didn't like how some, well, most of the characters personalities were changed. But I would still recommend it.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Mishi [/i]
[B]Escaflowne is on my top anime list. I saw all of it fansubbed actually before it was released. Definitely prefer it subtitled... horrible .. horrible dubbed version, IMHO.

If anyone is thinking of buying this series, go for the DVD.

BTW, the movie, well, art-wise, it was great. But I really didn't like how some, well, most of the characters personalities were changed. But I would still recommend it. [/B][/QUOTE]

Basically, the movie took place in another dimension u could say. Van was a bit more anti-social, which made him very cool, Alan kinda sucked, even though his sword-art was probably 100 fold then what the alan was in the series. But personally, I thought the movie was god!

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Akito [/i]
[B]
Basically, the movie took place in another dimension u could say. Van was a bit more anti-social, which made him very cool, Alan kinda sucked, even though his sword-art was probably 100 fold then what the alan was in the series. But personally, I thought the movie was god! [/B][/QUOTE]

A bit of character SPOILERS btw.

The movie was good. Different re-telling of the story basically. What really bothered me was how they changed Folken's character. He wasn't so black and white in the series. I believe that he has more depth, too, but then again, it is a movie [therefore a lot shorter compared to the whole series.] Still though, I would have preferred it if Folken wasn't changed.

Also, Millerna [sp?] ... what did they do to her????? It was certainly odd seeing her like *that*.

But again, ppl, it was a good movie.