OtakuBoards

Escaflowne...

Break

If anyone has seen Escaflowne, the dubs were on Fox Kids, and still are. Does anyone like it, I LOVE it!
I think its cool and should of made it go on for longer than 26 eps. does anyone else think it should've been longer?
and what is your fav. character? Mine is Dalandau, the pyromaniac...heh...

Alot of anime series in Japan only go for 26 episodes... it's the norm for TV series there.

Anyway, Tenkuu no Escaflowne is pretty good. For a mecha anime.... but it's more than a mecha anime and it deals with sword fighting too so thats always a plus :) I enjoyed the series.... although I have yet to watch the movie.... I have it here but I'm too lazy.

You...You have the movie? It's in a room in your house...And you're not watching it? Oh!! That's not fair...I wish i had it...I would have watched it to death by now!:)
Transtic, did you know that Dilandau is a girl? She is and they do tests to keep her a boy!

[COLOR=darkblue]Escaflowne is a pretty cool. Especially for a Mecha Anime.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=red]I liked the movie though I rated it "D" For DYNOMITE!!!![/COLOR]

[COLOR=teal]I liked it because character personalities were taken to extremes, and the battles were more bloody and violent than ever. At the same time, the plot was tighter, with almost no superfluous elements. [/COLOR]

[COLOR=deeppink]Good thing I still have it on my C.D .[/COLOR]

:smirk: Peace:smirk:

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by ShadowGohan [/i]
[B]
Transtic, did you know that Dilandau is a girl? She is and they do tests to keep her a boy! [/B][/QUOTE]

That wouldn't make her a girl then... He's gay anyway hehe and cute... and some of his little Dragon Slayer guys are cute too :) hehehe

But yes, I have the movie... somewhere... I also have alot of movies here I haven't watched... Sprigan, etc...

• 5 weeks later...
Guest Voodookanaka
Im currently atching it on Fox kids, I wish theyd show it on something else, it make me feel a bit awkward watching something obviously aimed at little kids

• 3 weeks later...
:mad: fox kids took escaflowne off the air and replaced it with that crappy los luchadores or something like that. that really ticked me off and i was getting the story line down and getting into it. but hey i'll get the series uncut and on dvd so its not a very bad thing.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Heero_Yuy [/i]
[B]:mad: fox kids took escaflowne off the air and replaced it with that crappy los luchadores or something like that. that really ticked me off and i was getting the story line down and getting into it. but hey i'll get the series uncut and on dvd so its not a very bad thing. [/B][/QUOTE]

[COLOR=darkred][SIZE=1]I was also dissapointed when they took it off of Fox. I was getting into the show myself, then I turned on the T.V. one day, and ya. . that stupid wrestling show was on. . LOL. . . I was upset. . but will have to get the DVD sooner or later~ just too lazy
[/SIZE][/COLOR]

I got really ticked when Fox took it off. I'm pretty sure here they rerplaced it with "Nascar Racers"...Talk about a dumb show to switch Escaflowne with.... Visions of Escaflowne is soooo good! Since they took it off the air, I went to the store and bought it. I busted a lot of money, though. ^.^ My favorite charcter is either Dilandau, Van, or Folken. I can't decide. They're all so cool! (ahem, cute, too ^_^). Escaflowne is one of my favorite series, even though it is only 26 eps. I thought the storyline was great throughout the whole series. It almost seemed to be part Shoujo Anime, especially near the end. With the love and all. lol:love:

Ive seen some of the episodes and liked it but i rarely get time to watch it so i dont know much of whats going on when i do (despite the fact that theres only one series being shown) - it is still being shown here in the uk but it just goes in cycles, once they finish the series they show it over again.

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Cibo [/i]
[B]I love Escaflowne. I want to name my daughter Katomi because I just love the name. I just wish I had the money to buy the DVD's or VHS's. :(

lol just saw this face. :drunk: [/B][/QUOTE]
Who's Katomi? I bought the series on VHS, but now I wish I'd gotten it in DVD. Do they have bilingual DVD's for Escaflowne? I think they dubbed Esca pretty well. The voices match the characters pretty well, and they don't stick out like they do sometimes.

My favorite character was Folken...and I think he died...

I saw some of it on fox kids, but I don't hardly remember it because they took it off the air really early. But I saw the last volume subtitled and the end of the series was a pretty big shocker...can't believe all that stuff that ending up happening. But it was so awesome. But I really DO NOT like Hitomi. She's such an annoying twit....

Escaflowne is amazing!!!!! Or should I say was. I think they're still showing it on Foxs Kids in England. My favourite charcter would have to be Vaughn or Alan! Dalandou is an a**. He pisses me off, but then I found out he was actually Alan's sister so now I like him.

P.S. I'm sure it's Hitomi and not Katomi