OtakuBoards

Gaming News

Shinmaru

[QUOTE]December 16, 2003 - Nintendo of America today announced that sales of its GameCube console were through the roof for the month of November. The company also revealed that Mario Kart: Double Dash!! was the number-one selling game for the busy holiday shopping period.

According to TRSTS data, 754,000 GameCubes were sold during the month of November. This is particularly good news as it proves that the recent $99 price reduction is continuing to spur sales.

Though GameCube sales failed to outperform that of Sony's, which sold 850,000 PlayStation 2s, Nintendo did seriously one-up Xbox sales for the month. Microsoft's console sold through only 490,000 units.

Just as important, Nintendo's flagship GameCube title for the holidays, Mario Kart: Double Dash!!, was the number-one selling game in November with 528,000 units sold. This figure is made all the more impressive because the racer was out available for only two weeks of the month.

Game Boy Advance, meanwhile, sold through 1.3 million units in November, easily besting everything else out there.[/QUOTE]

So there's the November sales numbers.

Guest Teammayhem
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Shinmaru [/i]
[B]
- Even though EA has remained totally exclusive to Sony when it comes to online games, EA has reportedly agreed to have it's 2005 sports games as a part of XBox Live along with their PS2 counterparts. No word on online GameCube EA games, however.
[/B][/QUOTE]

I don't know about this. Why make this exclusive if Microsoft already has their own online sports games:
# Amped 2
# Links 2004
# NBA Inside Drive 2004
# NFL Fever 2004
# NHL Rivals 2004
# Top Spin

If they have their own exclusive online games, why make EA's games exclusive ? Are their games not good enough?

Plus, why aren't any of the EA games [I]now[/I] online? Supposedly, a squabble between the two factions made the EA games PS2 online only.

All of it is politics, really...

On the other hand, the Gamecube. Why support a system online if the manufacturer isn't even supporting it? The only online game out now is what, Phantasy Star Online? And that isn't even from Nintendo. How many games in development for the Gamecube are online enabled? Now that's sad.

• 3 weeks later...
[url]http://www.gamespot.com/all/news/news_6086192.html[/url]

[quote][i]Sony downplays PS2 launch in China[/i]

After a delayed launch, Sony finally released its PlayStation 2 gaming console in China--but the electronics giant cut down its distribution to two cities from the original five.

In a brief statement posted on the company's Chinese Web site, Sony said it started selling the PS2 in Shanghai and Guangzhou.

The console was originally slated to make its China debut last month in five cities including Beijing, Shenzhen and Chengdu. The company subsequently shelved plans for its December launch but failed to provide a full explanation for the change.

While Sony remains tight-lipped about the delay, most industry watchers pointed to China's rampant piracy as the probable culprit.

According to figures released by the Business Software Alliance, China has the second highest piracy rate globally. The industry watchdog said more than 92 percent of software used in China is unlicensed, resulting in more than $2.4 billion in lost revenue for major software vendors in 2002.

Console rival Nintendo however, may have sidestepped this issue by launching a customized gaming device for the Chinese market. Launched last month, the company's controller-shaped iQue gadget requires players to download games, which are available only from authorized stores, directly to a 64MB flash memory card.

"Each flash card will only work with one specific iQue Player," Nintendo spokesman Minagawa said in an Interfax newswire report.

"Customers will not be able to purchase additional flash cards," he added. "Every time a customer buys a new game, an old game will have to be erased from the flash card. However, if once a customer pays to download a game, any future download of that same game will be free. This is one of our security measures."[/quote]

As the article says, Sony pretty much launched the PS2 in China because of the widespread piracy that goes on there. Not sure how much this will stop the piracy, so we'll see what happens.

[url=http://www.konami.com/ddrextreme/#]Official Page[/url]

[quote]
[i]From DDRFreak.com:[/i]

[b]Jan 9, 2004 - DDR Extreme US release announced for this fall![/b]
Konami has released a web site and details on DDR Extreme for the US PS2 today. This release promises, "over 100 minutes of dance music plus brand new game modes."

In addition, IGN has announced further details including the mention of a brand-new "Mission Mode" where players have to complete special tasks to pass a song. A screen capture on IGN's site shows four songs: A Stupid Barber, CSFIL ~Speed Mix~, Mobo Moga, and Sweet Sweet (Heart) Magic.

More details will be announced as they are released.[/quote]

[color=midnightblue]At last, Dance Dance Revolution Extreme is coming to a home console. Now I don't have to go to the mall and waste pounds upon pounds of quarters on the "DDR Medley." The concept of a Mission Mode peaks my interest; a sort of Weapon Master mode for Dance Dance Revolution should be very interesting. The additions of extra modes makes this version seem to be more of a different game, not just the same thing with different songs.

According to one of the images on the offical site, (which I was going to put in this post, but the images are bitmaps that don't have usable URLs for image tags) there is going to be a very large number of selectable characters that you can use, though most of them look like you need to unlock most of them. The grid shows 21 squares by three, but one is a random selector and the center one looks like it's not usable. That makes a total of sixty-one selectable characters for Dance Dance Revolution Extreme.

I have never had the privilege of owning a PlayStation, one or two, but DDR has always been near the top of my Most Wanted Sony Games list. And, now that I finally am getting close to purchasing a PS2, I'm thinking that this is going to be the game I am going to buy along with the console and a thick foam pad.

Here's to Konami for producing what is shaping up to be another great Bemani mix.[/color]

• 3 weeks later...
[url]http://www.gamespy.com/previews/january04/swbattlefront/[/url]

I was reading this earlier. The scope of this game sounds amazing. I think my favorite section is when they describe the cross-system link idea. If they would be able to get Xbox to connect to PS2 and PC, that would be spectacular.

The entire premise of Battlefront is brilliant, too, and the video...my god...it's breathtaking.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest cloricus
[url=http://megagames.com/news/html/pc/callofdutymapcompetitionkicks-off.shtml]MegaGames.com[/url] - Call of Duty is having a map making comp with some cool prizes and I just thought some others might want to know so if they have any mates that like this sort of stuff.

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name='Imalatiana']Some of you May Or May Not of Heard This But Kh 2 Is Supposed To Be comming Out In Late April or Early May. :) But That Was Just the First Little Press ConFrence They Had[/quote]

It would be nice if you had some sort of link so that you could have some tangible proof of this information. News of this sort is okay to post but a link to the site where you got this news from is needed. Also, capatilzing every word in your sentences is a tad annoying to read, so you might want to stop doing that lol.

• 1 month later...
[font=Arial][size=2][quote][b]IGNcube today learned that Canada-based development studio Silicon Knights has ended its second-party status with Nintendo Co. Ltd. The company will effective immediately be allowed to develop software for multiple consoles including Microsoft's Xbox and Sony's PlayStation platforms. [/size][/font][/b]

[b][font=Arial]Though no official reason was given for the decision, IGNcube speculates that the philosophies of the two companies did not mesh. Silicon Knights has always been a very content-driven studio with strong beliefs in the elements of game creation including story, artistry, sound, and technology. [url="http://cube.ign.com/articles/506/506189p1.html#"]Nintendo[/url] has recently downplayed the role of technology in game creation and has been known to de-emphasize story, graphics and sound in favor of classic play mechanics. [/font][/b]

[b][font=Arial][size=2]"Silicon Knights and Nintendo have agreed to mutually part ways," Silicon Knights' president Denis Dyack told IGNcube. [/size][/font][/b]

[b][font=Arial][size=2]"Nintendo and Silicon Knights have reached an agreement allowing Silicon Knights to pursue its vision of [url="http://cube.ign.com/articles/506/506189p1.html#"]videogame[/url] entertainment with other companies," said a Nintendo of America spokesperson. "Nintendo respects the creative work of Silicon Knights and the parties have left the door open to work on future projects that meet the creative vision of both companies." [/size][/font][/b]

[b][font=Arial][size=2]Asked if today's news meant Silicon Knights would not continue to develop for Nintendo platforms, Denis Dyack said: "No it doesn't. It's possible that we may do another game with Nintendo, actually. It just means that we've decided to break our exclusivity with Nintendo." [/size][/font][/b]

[b][font=Arial][size=2]Dyack confirmed that Silicon Knights is now fully able to develop for competing consoles as well. [/size][/font][/b]

[b][font=Arial][size=2]An official announcement from Nintendo is expected in the coming weeks.[/b][/quote][/size][/font]

If this isn't big gaming news, I don't know what is. On one hand, and of important note, the relationship didn't meet a messy break, as we've seen in the past. So, Silicon Knights won?t completely abandon the platform. But, this news is a shame on some level. I associated Silicon Knights with the Rare of the mid-nineties, in that I expected valuable high quality exclusive games from them once they really got rolling. I also exptected their close relationship to yield SK developed Nintendo properties. Not necessarily on the level of a rumored Zelda title from them, but you get the idea. As the article suggests though, their difference in philosophies prevented that.

Because Eternal Darkness began as a Nintendo 64 title, and because of the rigid limitations placed on them during the development of Twin Snakes, I don?t think Nintendo was able to benefit from the exclusivity as much as they could have.

I think this mostly just comes down to sales. I don't think it's because they don't "mesh" with their philiosophies on how games should be made, especially after all of Dyack's gushing about Nintendo in the past and how similiar they are.

ED sold something like 100,000 copies in the US. It's also the second lowest selling Nintendo published game in Japan right now. Obviously this is far below the desired numbers. I've not heard amazing things about Twin Snakes sales either, but I think it is doing well enough.

This is very surprising though. As you mentioned, I think SK was held back by their projects. In some ways, they were obviously given experience, but they weren't able to really start from scratch on a game. I think given that chance, they could do something really amazing. Who knows what will happe though.

Here's some supposed shots of Nintendo's E3 brochure. Too Human is on it. I am assuming these are fake though because some of the screens used on them are old and Burnout 3 is supposedly cancelled for GameCube. :(

[url]http://www.cube-europe.com/newsgfx/e32004excl1.jpg[/url]
[url]http://www.cube-europe.com/newsgfx/e32004excl2.jpg[/url]

I found out about this yesterday from a friend of mine and I was plenty surprised, to say the least. I hadn't heard much speculation of any possible breakup of Silicon Knights from Nintendo, which is pretty much the opposite of what the rumor bin was like when Rare split from Nintendo (though, admittedly, Rare was obviously way more high-profile than SK was).

Personally, I can't see why Eternal Darkness [i]hasn't[/i] sold well. I think it's an amazing game and one of my favorite, if not my favorite, GameCube games. But that sort of thing just happens, I guess.

I tend to agree more with what Tony said, in that this was more about sales, than anything, sort of like when Sega went third-party. I certainly hope that SK becomes a very profitable developer, because they're a talented company that would really deserve it.

And if those brochure pictures are fake, they're nice pictures, at least.

[url]http://cube.ign.com/articles/506/506508p1.html[/url]

Factor 5 is making games for other systems. No GC games are planned. They are showing nothing new at this year's E3 though. No clue what the reasoning was... but at the same time, I don't know if I care. I'm tired of Star Wars games and their attempt to branch the series out in the last incarnation was awful. The third person people sections sucked and the flying areas really didn't evolve at all.

This, plus other issues, pretty much makes that brochure I posted 100% fake too.

[QUOTE=Semjaza Azazel]
ED sold something like 100,000 copies in the US. [/QUOTE]It sold closer to 300,000, which is still obviously a disappointment.

Anyway, your explanation makes sense, although I find it suspect that the company would bail [i]now[/i] as a result of poor sales after releasing only one original game two years ago. :drunk:

This is especially true considering they're the only UK based developer to collaborate so closely with Nintendo since Rare. So, I doubt they would have been in much financial trouble heading up some of Nintendo's popular franchises, as the aforementioned company had done. :shrug:

As for Factor 5--I wouldn't miss them if I only had a GameCube in my living room. After they dropped the ball with their latest Star Wars title, I'm a bit skeptical of their ability to move forward and release anything noteworthy anytime in the immediate future.

You're right. It's like 260,000 copies. I don't know that that's all that bad... but I also don't know how much of that was from it being on sale. It had been on clearance in my area for several months.

Sales do come up otherwise, mostly because they've managed to put out only two games since they started on Too Human way, way back on the PSX in the first place. Now obviously you can't sell games if you don't put any new ones out, and that's my point. I have to wonder how much of an investment Nintendo wanted to put into them because of this.

I'm sure they want to avoid another Rare... but that's just a guess and kind of extreme anyway lol. There were like 80 people working on ED alone and even members of Nintendo of Japan got involved in the development. It just seems like there is more work involved in these titles than they get back. Plus, Rare games sold decently in Japan by comparison (ED was like in the 10,000 range total).

In any case, considering the "meshing" stuff... I suppose it's just possible that SK wanted to do things differently from Nintendo. Dyack has always said they worked well with Nintendo and shared the same philosophy, so I find it slightly confusing and surprising. Nintendo didn't seem to be interested in throwing their own properties on the company either. Doesn't matter, they can make games for all three now lol.

Also, SK is Canadian. Not UK based.

As for Factor 5...

[url]http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/04/14/news_6093544.html[/url]

"However, Eggebrecht was quick to dispel any "doom" that might surround Factor 5's announcement. Echoing Silicon Knights founder Denis Dyack, he emphasized his enthusiasm for Nintendo's future console efforts. "We are extremely excited about both DS and GCNext, so any talk of us abandoning Nintendo platforms altogether is just not true," he told GameSpot.

According to Eggebrecht, the only reason Factor 5 has stopped making GameCube games was that they've abandoned current-generation hardware altogether. "It is simply because we have moved into next-generation development," he said. "

IGN sure as hell sensationalized that news article.

• 3 weeks later...
[url]lhttp://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/04/30/news_6094924.html[/url]

I don't really keep up with PC games, so I wasn't really familiar with Citizen Zero, but it sounds like an interesting game...I'd keep an eye on it if I owned an XBox, heh. Sounds like an interesting enough setting for a Real Time Strategy game.

• 2 weeks later...
MS's press conference was tonight. The only major revelation was a confirmation of rumors: EA games will now run on Live. It's a good sign for the console, particularly because MS has decided to skip this year for most of their own sports titles.

Halo 2 was also given a November 9th release date.

Edit --

Sony has just announced that the PS2 is now $149. That includes the network adapter.

• 1 month later...
Source: [url]http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/06/21/news_6101035.html[/url]

[quote=GameSpot][b]Sony sticker shock: $500 PS3, $249 PSP are possibilities[/b]

In a year-end report that puts Leo Tolstoy to shame, industry analysts Michael Pachter and Edward Woo of Wedbush Morgan Securities presented the industry today with a 144-page tome of charts, theories, prognostications, and predictions. Unlike Tolstoy's books, however, their book has a happy ending.

In their report, titled The Definition of Insanity: Why The Next Console Cycle Will Start Off With A Whimper, the analysts present an "in-depth look at interactive entertainment software." And while many of the report's data points were revealed in May, during a Pachter-hosted E3 Conference Program luncheon, most of the data is, in fact, new.

Probably the most exotic of the report's predictions was a reference to Sony's PlayStation 2 update. The report suggests that Sony is considering adding PSX and TiVo-like functionality to the PlayStation 3. If it does, the sticker price on the unit could climb as high as $500. The report states: "We expect Sony to introduce its next console with more functionality than its current console. We base this conclusion on the introduction of the PSX, planned for late this year. The PSX will include a Digital Video Recorder (similar to TiVo) functionality; broadband Internet accessibility; wireless LAN functionality; and DVD read-write functionality. These features add approximately $500 per unit to the cost of production, resulting in an expected launch price of around $700. By late 2006, we expect the cost to include these features to decline to around $250, but speculate that the next generation console, should it include these features, could debut at $500. At this level, we believe that many consumers will be alienated."

Other key findings include an industrywide growth rate (of revenues) of 10 percent per year through 2010 and a growth rate of 14.5 percent in revenues for console and handheld software in the US for the next three to four years.

The report also suggests that US publishers will begin to see a significant increase in sales of game software in Japan and that software sales will surpass domestic music sales (in revenues) over the next two years. Of note on the hardware front, the analysts expect that, due to increasing multimedia functionality (DVD playback, high-def capabilities, and Web access), the percentage of households that own at least one console will climb from 38 percent seen during the 32-/64-bit cycle to 52 percent during the ongoing 128-bit cycle.

On the PC front, the report isolates three games that will act as key market movers--Doom 3, The Sims 2, and Half-Life 2--and states that PC sales overall will be driven to "near record levels."

As well, the Wedbush analysts check in with their estimate of the PSP launch price, pegging the hardware to sell at $249.99 and the software to retail for around $30.

Ultimately, it will be female gamers, the increased spending power of "tween" gamers (8- to 14-year-olds), and aging but committed gamers introduced to interactive entertainment on the Atari 2600, for example, that will fuel the continued and dramatic growth of the industry.

The report's summary closes with the following brave prediction: "We expect interactive entertainment to be the fastest growing entertainment sector over the next five to 10 years. We forecast the interactive entertainment industry to grow US software sales by approximately 11.4 percent per year over the next three years. We project book and music sales to grow less than 5 percent per year over the next three years and we believe that box-office movie receipts will grow in the 2-4 percent range over the same time period. Using our projected growth rates, we forecast that the US interactive entertainment industry in 2004 will continue to be larger than these competing entertainment sectors (with the exception of the music industry which we believe will be surpassed over the next three years), becoming the largest of these major entertainment sectors within the US." [/quote]

The basic gist of the article is that analysts are predicting the PS3 to debut at $500, while the PSP debuts at $250 with software selling at $30 each. Keep in mind that this is all prediction based upon analysis of current trends and does not represent anything official from Sony...but it is something interesting to think about.

Guest Arralyn
So, has anyone seen this craxy new game yet? [url]http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/yoshinoya/preview_6100879.html[/url]

Looks like fun. Any comments?

Source: [url]http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/07/02/news_6101840.html[/url]

[quote=GameSpot][b]After reporting a $25.4 million loss in its last quarter, the troubled publisher reveals it must find new financing by August.[/b]

Today, Acclaim released its earnings for the financial year ending March 31, 2004. The figures were grim: The company reported a net loss of $56.4 million for its 2004 fiscal year, with net revenues down $67.4 million from the previous year ($142.7 million versus $210.1 million).

While the FY2004 net loss was slightly less than that of FY2003's $84.8 million shortfall, it contained a disturbing trend. Nearly half Acclaim's losses--$25.4 million--were during the quarter that ended March 31, 2004. The shortfall also came despite the fact that the company raised $15.0 million by selling off convertible subordinate notes, short-term bonds convertible to stock, 16 percent of which it has since defaulted on.

Acclaim has also borrowed $5 million in short-term loans from GMAC Commercial Finance, General Motor's investment-banking arm. In May and June, Acclaim negotiated a series of loan extensions with GMAC, which will now expire on August 4. After that date, GMAC will no longer lend Acclaim any more capital, meaning it must find an alternate source of financing.

Acclaim's report says that it has "entered into a letter of intent with a proposed new lender for a $30.0 million asset-based credit facility, with an equity component, to replace the credit agreement with GMAC." However, the report does not name the lender, and it clearly states that, "there can be no assurance that the new credit facility or any other banking facility will be consummated."

What happens if this deal falls through? By Acclaim's own account, the consequences would be dire. "Failure to obtain a new banking facility would materially adversely affect the Company's operations and liquidity, and the Company could be forced to cease operations or seek bankruptcy protection." This scenario, according to the report, could see "the sale of assets or the consolidation or closing of certain operations, additional staff reductions, and the delay, cancellation, or reduction of certain product development and marketing programs."

Despite all the doom and gloom contained in the report, analysts still hold out some hope for Acclaim's future. "Acclaim shares remain a speculative investment until management demonstrates its ability to execute on its strategy of making fewer, higher quality games," said Michael Pachter of Wedbush Morgan, "[but] we believe that the company has a respectable lineup of games planned for release in FY05."

Besides the just-released Showdown: Legends of Wrestling, the titles Acclaim plans on shipping in the year are: 100 Bullets (fall 2004 - PS2, Xbox), Juiced (fall 2004 - PS2, Xbox, PC), The Red Star (fall 2004 - PS2, Xbox), Worms Forts: Under Siege! (fall 2004 - PS2, Xbox, PC), ATV Quad Power Racing 3 (winter 2005 - PS2, Xbox), Emergency Mayhem (winter 2005 - PS2, Xbox), and The Last Job (winter 2005 - PS2, Xbox). Acclaim is also publishing the remake of The Bard's Tale internationally.

Noticeably absent from Acclaim's summer release schedule is Combat Elite: WWII Paratroopers, the PlayStation 2 and Xbox WWII shooter that was to be released in mid-July. The game, originally titled Airborne, was to be published by Interplay until BattleBorne took it to Acclaim. When Interplay filed suit in Los Angeles against BattleBorne in March, Acclaim reps said the game would be released in summer 2004 regardless. However, this morning, an Acclaim staffer told GameSpot that the game was "definitely delayed" and gave no tentative release date.[/quote]

I can't really say that I'm surprised, seeing as Acclaim's been on the downward spiral for a while now. There's still some slight optimism on their front, but I'm not really sure if that will amount to that much, ultimately.

[FONT=Century Gothic][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkRed] :devil: I'm subscribed to PSM magazine which obviously has tons of official, and none official, news regarding the Playstation world. Just recently the magazine editors went to E3 which I'm sure you've all heard of, and the latest issue has tons of info from it. I'll post some of it:

First of all, and most of all , the PSP. Playstation Portable is estimated to cost no more than $199 max, but most game making sources are pegging it at $149. Sony HQ in Japan has gone on the record and announced that the system will only come in black, at least for now. The PSP will have many cool accessories slated at the time of launch for the system. These include a camera add-on for game use, video chat, and snapping photos, GPS system, Optical Touch keyboard, and an external battery pack. Speaking of battery packs, the PSP's battery life totally depends on what you're doing with it. If you're watching a movie with it then it drains the battery quickest because the disc (yes, PSP will be using UMD discs) has to spin quicker so the battery will only last for an estimated two-and-a-half hours. If you're listening to music then it should last eight to ten hours, but games are a whole nother story. Since every game is different and has different graphics then the battery could last anywhere from four to ten hours, and that doesn't include using the backlight or wireless networking. So far it has been announced that the PSP will be able to play games, music, movies, go online, and link-up with a PS2. Some of the games scheduled for launch for the PSP are: Armored Core Formula, Ape Escape, ATV Offroad Fury, Dynasty Warriors, Grand Turismo 4 Mobile, Frogger, Hot Shots Golf, Metal Gear AC!D, Spider-Man 2, NHL FaceOff, Tony Hawk, Syphon Filter, and many many more. That's it for PSP.

This year at E3 PS2 totally and completely owned it. The top ten PS2 games soon to come out are as follows: 10) Shadow of Rome, 9) Burnout 3 , 8) Devil May Cry 3, 7) Jak 3, 6) Gran Turismo 4, 5) Prince of Persia 2, 4) Final Fantasy XII, 3) God Of War, 2) Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater, 1) Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas. Some other games coming out that I personally think look really cool are: Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War, Altered Beast, Area 51, Astro Boy, Axle Rage, Black, BloodRayne 2, Cowboy Bebop(can't wait for this one), Darkwatch, Death By Degrees, Destroy All Humans, Dynasty Warriors 4: Empires, Fullmetal Alchemist and the Broken Angel, Musashi Samurai Legend, NanoBreaker, Neo Contra, Mega Man X8, Monster Hunter, Robotech: Invasion, Red Ninja: End of Honor, SD Gundam Force, Viewtiful Joe 1 and 2, Def Jam: Fight For NY, Tekken 5, Rumble Roses, Mortal Combat: Deception, Gundam Seed: Battle Assualt 3, Yu Yu Hakusho: Dark Tournament, Champions: Return To Arms, Mega Man X: Combat Mission, Inuyasha: The Secret of the Cursed Mask, X-Men Legends, Xenosaga Episode 2([B]REALLY[/B] looking forward to this one), DDR Extreme, Tony Hawk Underground 2...ETC!!! That's about enough. This years E3 introduced so many games, those are just some of the ones I'm looking forward to.

As for release dates for upcoming PS2 games, here: Goldeneye: Rogue Agent([B]Fall[/B]), Kingdom Hearts 2([B]2005[/B]), Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater([B]Winter[/B]), Devil May Cry 3([B]Fall[/B]), Destroy All Humans([B]Quarter 1 2005[/B]), Darkwatch([B]Q1 2005[/B]), Phantom Crash 2050([B]Q1 2005[/B]), Gran Turismo 4([B]November[/B]), Capcom Fighting Jam([B]Winter[/B]), Suikoden IV([B]Winter[/B]), Metal Slug 4/5([B]January[/B]), Taiko: Drum Master([B]Holiday[/B]), YS VI: The Ark of the Napishtim([B]Winter[/B]), Phantom Brave([B]Summer[/B]), Starcraft: Ghost([B]Fall[/B]), Snowblind([B]Fall[/B]), Tekken 5([B]Q1 2005[/B]).

Current PS2 Releases: Armored Core: Nexus, Astro Boy, Digimon Rumble Arena 2, ESPN NFL 2005, FunkMaster Flex's Digital Hitz Factory, Gallop Racer 2004, Ghost Hunter, Headhunter: Redemption, Hot Shots Golf FORE!, Madden NFL 2005, Mega Man X: Command Mission, Monster Hunter, Phantom Brave, Shaman King: Power of Spirit, Spy Fiction, Star Ocean: Till The End Of Time, Street Racing Syndicate, Ten Pin Alley 2, Terminator 3: Redemption, Yu Yu Hakusho: Dark Tournament.

September's PS2 Releases: Ace Combat 5: The Unsung War, Asterix and Obelix, Backyard Wrestling 2, Crash Twinsanity, Dance Dance Revolution Extreme, Def Jam: Fight For New York, Digimon World 4, Dukes of Hazard, Dynasty Warriors 4: Empires, ESPN NHL 2005, Fairly Odd Parents, Forgotten Realms: Demon Stone, Gradius V, Jimmy Nuetron, Attack of Twonkies, Juiced, King of Fighters: Maximum Impact, Lobo, Nascar 2005: Chase for the Cup, NHL 2005, Power Rangers: Dino Thunder, The Red Star, Second Fight, Shark Tale, Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne, Silent Hill 4: The Room, Sly 2: Band of Theives, Star Wars: Battlefront, Test Drive: Eve of Destruction, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2005, Time Crisis: Crisis Zone, Top Gun 2, Viewtiful Joe.

Wow, well that's it for my Gaming News. Hope you all enjoy and APPRECIATE this cause it took a long time to for me to type this. Just to let anybody reading this know, I got all of this information from Playstation Magazine, or PSM. I highly recommend subscribing to this magazine if you are a serious PS2 video game player like me. For any other information, go to [url]www.psmonline.com[/url]. Well, later everybody!!! :devil: [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]