Kenshin_K

Opinion?  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Opinion?

• Great!
    • Bad!
    • In between.

Guest KyleTheHusker
Overall, I'd say it's a pretty decent poem. It seems to convey a more positive message, and that's always a good thing. Pretty good for jus thinking it up in the shower.

[size=1]Ignore Mitch. He could have phrased that better, in my opinion. That was a bit harsh, really. [Sorry Mitch, but I believe it was.]

Personally, while it wasn't the most brilliant poetry in the world [In terms of rhyme scheme, length, metaphors and technical merit], I think that the gorgeous part of the poem is the sentiment behind it. It's a sweet poem, and it's not cluttered by the usual teenage angst that most poets our age like to indulge themselves in. Honestly, it's a lovely poem, the kind I could see in a volume of poetry, with a picture of an angel flying through the sky holding her halo on top of her head, or something like it.

I think you've done really well. And, even better, you've accepted criticism well, and, as such, I'm extremely proud of you. ^.^[/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Asphyxia [/i]
[B][size=1]Ignore Mitch. He could have phrased that better, in my opinion. That was a bit harsh, really. [Sorry Mitch, but I believe it was.]

[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1] Well, I didn't have much time, and I had already went through 5 other poems, and thus I was lazy. I did not mean it in a mean way, but people are so sensitive. Ah well.[/size]

[size=1]I know you didn't mean it that way, Mitch. ^.~ And people are sensitive -- as we both well know -- because writing is such an imprecise art. Unless you have someone with your exact style, you can never know how good or bad you are compared to others. You can [i]believe[/i] you're better than this person or that person, but you can't be sure.[/size]

[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Asphyxia [/i]
[B][size=1]I know you didn't mean it that way, Mitch. ^.~ And people are sensitive -- as we both well know -- because writing is such an imprecise art. Unless you have someone with your exact style, you can never know how good or bad you are compared to others. You can [i]believe[/i] you're better than this person or that person, but you can't be sure.[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1] That is called an opinion. And obviously, what I say about some piece of writing should differ from what anyone--you included--says about it. In order to critque something, you have to have an opinion, thus mine should and shall differ from other's opinions.[/size]