Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Opinion?  

11 members have voted

  1. 1. Opinion?

    • Great!
      6
    • Bad!
      3
    • In between.
      2


Recommended Posts

Posted
When I become an angel
I want a pair of wings,
But I don't want a halo
Because I am afraid.
Afraid that I might lose it
When I'm flying high,
Afraid that I might lose it
When I'm soaring through the sky.

Well?
Posted
[color=666666][size=1][i]Wow thats pretty cool. What doesit mean? Or does it not mean anything, and you just felt like making it up for the fun of it. Its a great poem though.[/color][/size][/i]
Posted
[size=1] It's okay..it is nothing that really catches my attention, nor I'm sure any person that actually finds joy in poetry. But every poet writes garbage, and every poet starts somewhere.

Just keep writing.[/size]
Guest KyleTheHusker
Posted
Overall, I'd say it's a pretty decent poem. It seems to convey a more positive message, and that's always a good thing. Pretty good for jus thinking it up in the shower.
Posted
Go ahead! That would be awesome! I'm really glad that you like it that much! Thank you! (if you don't mind, put my name by it or something. I like to have my credit. ^^)
Posted
[size=1]Ignore Mitch. He could have phrased that better, in my opinion. That was a bit harsh, really. [Sorry Mitch, but I believe it was.]

Personally, while it wasn't the most brilliant poetry in the world [In terms of rhyme scheme, length, metaphors and technical merit], I think that the gorgeous part of the poem is the sentiment behind it. It's a sweet poem, and it's not cluttered by the usual teenage angst that most poets our age like to indulge themselves in. Honestly, it's a lovely poem, the kind I could see in a volume of poetry, with a picture of an angel flying through the sky holding her halo on top of her head, or something like it.

I think you've done really well. And, even better, you've accepted criticism well, and, as such, I'm extremely proud of you. ^.^[/size]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Asphyxia [/i]
[B][size=1]Ignore Mitch. He could have phrased that better, in my opinion. That was a bit harsh, really. [Sorry Mitch, but I believe it was.]

[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1] Well, I didn't have much time, and I had already went through 5 other poems, and thus I was lazy. I did not mean it in a mean way, but people are so sensitive. Ah well.[/size]
Posted
[size=1]I know you didn't mean it that way, Mitch. ^.~ And people are sensitive -- as we both well know -- because writing is such an imprecise art. Unless you have someone with your exact style, you can never know how good or bad you are compared to others. You can [i]believe[/i] you're better than this person or that person, but you can't be sure.[/size]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Lady Asphyxia [/i]
[B][size=1]I know you didn't mean it that way, Mitch. ^.~ And people are sensitive -- as we both well know -- because writing is such an imprecise art. Unless you have someone with your exact style, you can never know how good or bad you are compared to others. You can [i]believe[/i] you're better than this person or that person, but you can't be sure.[/size] [/B][/QUOTE]

[size=1] That is called an opinion. And obviously, what I say about some piece of writing should differ from what anyone--you included--says about it. In order to critque something, you have to have an opinion, thus mine should and shall differ from other's opinions.[/size]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...