Jump to content
OtakuBoards

Recommended Posts

Posted
[i][color=lightpink]Ya. So for now on I am swearing to myself, not matter how long it takes to get to my house. I'm going to buy it becuase i know it's not going to be bootlegged. I will buy from Yesasia.com more now. [/color][/i]
  • Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted
[i][color=lightpink]Ya I like them. They're cool. And they have this cheep DVD that i want and now all i have to do is bug my brothr to use his CC and i buy stuff after paing him for it. ^^; He loves me like that. [/color][/i]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Roxanne Leifen [/i]
[B][i]Ya I like them. They're cool. And they have this cheep DVD that i want and now all i have to do is bug my brothr to use his CC and i buy stuff after paing him for it. ^^; He loves me like that. [/B][/QUOTE]

Yesasia has bootlegs too... in fact I have bought one from them (it was a LUNA SEA DVD). I thought it was such a good deal, but of course you always do with bootlegs.

So you might want to be sure what you're getting is the real thing. Remember, if the price seems too good to be true, it is.
Posted
[i][color=lightpink]OH how true....I wouldn't think they would cuz they are located in Japan. But the HK DVD's might be bootlegs. But hey you can do with bootlgs i guess. Just i have one question. If you have the Gauze Dir en Grey album, is ~13 suppst to 4 seconds long? Becuase in #12 after the song "Akuro no Oka" are you suppost to hear the last part of #1?? I noticed that the otther night and wonder if it suppost to be like that or is it cuz its just bootleged and they screwed up? Please help! [/color][/i]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Roxanne Leifen [/i]
[B][i]OH how true....I wouldn't think they would cuz they are located in Japan. But the HK DVD's might be bootlegs. But hey you can do with bootlgs i guess.[/i] [/B][/QUOTE]

Actually YesAsia is located in California I believe. Heh.

Not all Hong Kong versions are bootlegs... many of Yesasia's CDs are overseas version, which are made for places like Hong Kong. They're cheaper but sometimes not quite the same as their Japanese counterparts.
Posted
[i][color=lightpink]ahh but their home base is in Japan. cuz when i bought my Vulgar Dir en grey album from them, it said, "shipping from japan" or was it "heading to US warehouse from japan" well either it means the same. so i felt reassured cuz it came from Japan. ^^ [/color][/i]
Posted
lol sorry i brought bad news to you all. I'm the bootleg master person... I know most Bootlegs when i see them. I did a whole guide to them once... I want to find it cause i dunno what I did with it.

Anyway, YesAsia's North American company is located in California, they still get all their CDs shipped from their warehouse in Hong Kong. At least they used to, could have changed since i last bought from them... which wasn't that long ago.... when VULGAR Limited Edition was released.

A Japanese album is most likely going to cost upwards of $20. Unless you go on ebay or something, when in some cases you can find them for much less, but I don't advise that unless you know for sure they aren't bootlegs, cause there's a huge market on ebay for em too. Anyway, yeah, expect to pay $20 or more for any legit album. Most album that come out sell for $25-$30 depending on artist, first press, extras, etc. The overseas version usually, if there is one, comes out about 2-4 weeks after the Japanese version realease... these are usually $15-$20. YesAsia is the major dominant seller of these... HMV and CDJapan don't sell them to my knowledge. But usually overseas items are still produced by the original record company... ie: Sony has a Hong Kong division which releases overseas versions of their artists... Laruku, Porno Graffitti, etc etc. Avex Trax releases all of their albums overseas. They seem to have the biggest following there

VCDs are often a good giveaway for bootlegs, however, not all is the case. VCDs are simply made for Chinese or Korean people who's DVD players can't support the Japanese format, or they can't afford the DVD prices (which are unbelievably high).... region 2. I think China and Korea are 6 or 4 or something. but alot of bootleggers make VCDs... they're easy to make. Also All Region DVDs are another dead giveaway. Those are almost ALWAYS bootlegs. I don't think any Japanese company makes all region DVDs for overseas selling. So if your DVD says All Region or if you payed less than $50 for it, it's a bootleg.

Not to burst on you, but thats the unknown world that no one seems to know about... people buy bootlegs alll the time without knowing. I'm just here to edjumacate lol
Posted
[i][color=lightpink]Hey! Is Tofureacords, a bootleging company? I'm just wondering. ^^ help please...I'm drowing in curiousity here![/color][/i]
Posted
[QUOTE][i]Originally posted by Roxanne Leifen [/i]
[B][i][color=lightpink]Hey! Is Tofureacords, a bootleging company? I'm just wondering. ^^ help please...I'm drowing in curiousity here![/color][/i] [/B][/QUOTE]

Actually Tofu Records is an official section of Sony. It's designed to be a way to get Japanese music into the states. Currently they seem to be focusing on T.M.Revolution (because all the anime nerds know him).

Personally I'm not too thrilled with it.
Posted
[i][color=lightpink]ARe you calling me a nerd? Hey I actually like him! And i think its brave for them to do what they are doingand I really support them becuase of the fact that i cant stand American rap/rock//pop music. I want MTV to show more variety of the world, becuase they are associated with other MTV's bevuasre they are MTV! And to show different Music Videos on there I would be glad. [/color][/i]
Posted
[i][color=lightpink]D~mn maybe i should have bought the DVD+CD version of Vulgar. *cries* why did i buy just the CD wheni could have watched their lovelyness?~ Man...next time ill know better. [/color][/i]
Posted
[i][color=lightpink]I wouldn't care...it's them still. It would like....*all oogly eye at them* I would like faint. It would be worth something very soon. [/color][/i]
Posted
Hmmm... I heard some of the tracks on Vulgar not too long ago, but I didn't like it too much. I was planning on pre-ordering it, but never got around to it, and I'm kinda glad I didn't spend the $30 on it. It wasn't bad, it was just kinda strange. @_@
Posted
[i][color=lightpink]O.o *huggles him* exxcuse me! You dont like it. It grows on you silly!! I even like it and i didn't at first. [/color][/i]
Posted
[i][color=lightpink]Ohh. Ok You beter or else I wont talk to you anymore fryn!! I'll make sure you listen to it. And i'll ask you everyday alright?[/color][/i]
Posted
DeG is an aquired taste; one of those bands that you just have to learn to like. They aren't for everyone and Vulgar very much proves that. One thing that you have to understand is that the purpose of DeG IS to shock people. If you can appreciate it on that level and see it as an art form or way of expression, then you'll like the band. Btw, you probably would faint if you say the Obscure PV. It's not for faint (or weak stomached) people.
Posted
Heh, I like Dir en grey quite a bit, one of my favorite bands, actually. I've liked em for over a year now, and yea, I've seen the Obscure PV... weird stuff. XD

I'd still say Gauze and Macabre are my favorite Dir en grey albums, but Kisou is definitely growing on me. Six Ugly never really interested me, though. XP
Posted
I think all their albums are good becuase they are all different. Each time they came out with one, their sound changed/evolved to something that it wasn't prior to that. DeG keeps it fresh and new all the time by constantly expanding themselves.
Posted
[i][color=lightpink]I have one question...I am wondering this with all my mind and heart and soul...What is Kyo's REAL name. We all know that it's not Kyo becuase of the fact that he is from Kyoto, (and he hates his name) so he took the front of Kyoto and named himself Kyo. But the other thing I wonder is...does the other band members know his real name at all? That makes me wonder so badly. Well if you know please help me...if i am right about all of this. I read it somewhere...I just can't remember it to save my life![/color][/i]

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...